Who won't ever give up on Eastenders?

EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
Forum Member
✭✭
I would like to know which fans on here won't ever give up on Eastenders and I want to know who are true fans of Eastenders?

Comments

• maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too late for me.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maggiek wrote: »
    Too late for me.

its not too late for anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't give up on Eastenders because I am clinically depressed and like to see a whole community of people worse off than me.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a better question is will EastEnders give up on his audience. I think their answer would be yes.
  • axl roseaxl rose Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't give up watching it but that's mostly because of habit. As I said on a previous thread i don't actually look forward to watching it and don't particularly enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I don't hate it but it just sort of fills in 30 mins of my evening as I'm not doing anything else.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please, not this 'true fans won't ever give up on EE' again. Fans of the show want it to be as good as we know it can be, not this poor attempt at Eastenders that is on screen now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wont ever give up :D

I watch even when its total crap . You've just got to hang in there and take the rough with the smooth .

Plus the only people that talk to me in this sad world are the strangers on here :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a better question is will EastEnders give up on his audience. I think their answer would be yes.

I doubt you could do a better job than Lorraine Newman or any writers. If you were a true fan of Eastenders no matter how bad you think it is you wouldn't give up on it just because its bad. Will you watch Eastenders when they turn 30 or 40? Won't you tune into see the Liam storyline and the Lucy storyline and to see Janine return and to see the new family and to see Patrick's storyline when he has an accident next week. What storylines would you like to see Eastenders do then? A rape a whodunnit like a who shot Phil or a drugs storyline or maybe a child going missing and then their body find like a child murder or child abuse?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    I wont ever give up :D

I watch even when its total crap . You've just got to hang in there and take the rough with the smooth .

Plus the only people that talk to me in this sad world are the strangers on here :eek:

Yep that is true
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wont give up on EE but it needs a major overhaul...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Oh please, not this 'true fans won't ever give up on EE' again. Fans of the show want it to be as good as we know it can be, not this poor attempt at Eastenders that is on screen now.

And? Fans who say they are going to give up on the show are not true fans imo. True fans like me and other people watch the show through the bad and the good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt you could do a better job than Lorraine Newman or any writers. If you were a true fan of Eastenders no matter how bad you think it is you wouldn't give up on it just because its bad. Will you watch Eastenders when they turn 30 or 40? Won't you tune into see the Liam storyline and the Lucy storyline and to see Janine return and to see the new family and to see Patrick's storyline when he has an accident next week. What storylines would you like to see Eastenders do then? A rape a whodunnit like a who shot Phil or a drugs storyline or maybe a child going missing and then their body find like a child murder or child abuse?

:eek: Mormon thats a bit doom and gloom dont you think, wanting a rape and a child abuse/ murder storyline ? :eek: I think there might be one or two complaints :o
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    axl rose wrote: »
    I won't give up watching it but that's mostly because of habit. As I said on a previous thread i don't actually look forward to watching it and don't particularly enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I don't hate it but it just sort of fills in 30 mins of my evening as I'm not doing anything else.

This

If I am busy I wont go out of my way to record it Ill just catch up when its next on and Im not watching/doing anything else
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I wont give up on EE but it needs a major overhaul...

What storylines would you like to see? Would you like to see a rape storyline or a whodunnit like a who killed Archie or a who shot Phil or child abuse or a child going missing and then the body turning up and then it turning to a child murder or a drugs storyline or a Domestic Violence/abuse storyline or a child like Tiffany or Morgan having Leukemia and dying
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    :eek: Mormon thats a bit doom and gloom dont you think, wanting a rape and a child abuse/ murder storyline ? :eek: I think there might be one or two complaints :o

Why would there be complaints about it. It happens i real life people get raped and get into drugs and join a gang and people murder children in real life and some children get abused in real life and children get leukemia in real life if fans want the show to be dark and gritty then that is dark and gritty stuff.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How very rude of you. You don't know me, for all you know I could.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would there be complaints about it. It happens i real life people get raped and get into drugs and join a gang and people murder children in real life and some children get abused in real life and children get leukemia in real life if fans want the show to be dark and gritty then that is dark and gritty stuff.

Well it would certainly be dark and gritty. The murder of a child would not go down too well with the viewers at 7.30pm .

:eek:
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mormon Girl, please see my fanfic - these are the stories I would have for the show..
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a matter of fans giving up on EastEnders. It is EastEnders that has given up on the fans. I've been watching this show for 28 years. What it has become is unrecognizable and I don't feel I'm being catered to anymore. If I'm not wanted as a viewer then why should I keep watching? Give me something to keep me interested and I'll continue being a viewer. All this talk of ''true fans'' is childish and out of place in an adult discussion. Will you call disgrunted viewers ''haters'' next?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How very rude of you. You don't know me, for all you know I could.

Well you could but you need experience to do it. Just give Lorraine a chance at least until summer. Doesn't Liam's storyline interest you or Lucy's storyline or the Patrick stuff next week interest you or the new family interest you at all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you could but you need experience to do it. Just give Lorraine a chance at least until summer. Doesn't Liam's storyline interest you or Lucy's storyline or the Patrick stuff next week interest you or the new family interest you at all?

You are VERY rude!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a matter of fans giving up on EastEnders. It is EastEnders that has given up on the fans. I've been watching this show for 28 years. What it has become is unrecognizable and I don't feel I'm being catered to anymore. If I'm not wanted as a viewer then why should I keep watching? Give me something to keep me interested and I'll continue being a viewer. All this talk of ''true fans'' is childish and out of place in an adult discussion. Will you call disgrunted viewers ''haters'' next?

No it isn't rubbish. My Grandma is a true fan of Eastenders and she hasn't given up on Eastenders before even when the storylines are bad. Im a true fan of Eastenders when I know Im going to miss it i record it and I have an Eastenders scrapbook and a Max and Tanya/Eastenders keyring and an Eastenders DVD.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    And? Fans who say they are going to give up on the show are not true fans imo. True fans like me and other people watch the show through the bad and the good.

Congratulations Mormon Girl, you are a true fan and the winner. You can where your badge with honour and can look forward to watching hours upon hours of turgid rubbish that used to be compelling drama. Alas I am not a true fan but I am quite happy to spend my life doing something much more interesting instead :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross1998 wrote: »
    You are VERY rude!

No Im not rude.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    No it isn't rubbish. My Grandma is a true fan of Eastenders and she hasn't given up on Eastenders before even when the storylines are bad. Im a true fan of Eastenders when I know Im going to miss it i record it and I have an Eastenders scrapbook and a Max and Tanya/Eastenders keyring and an Eastenders DVD.

I'm very happy for you and your Grandma :)