Changing my Asus TF101 for Nexus 7, but uncertain

ssrssr Posts: 297
Forum Member
I have decided to buy a new tablet, and probably will go for the Nexus 7.
The only thing concerning me is the drop in screen size.
Are there any here who have dropped down to 7" from 10", and what are your views?

Comments

• Cpl_CarrottCpl_Carrott Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I bought my wife a Motorola Xoom which she uses frequently, While i have a Nexus 7, tbh i think the nexus outclasses the Xoom, other than size obviously!

I have no problems using it for anything, from videos, to ebooks, the ONLY other downfall is that it's memory isn't expandable beyond what it's shipped with
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    ssr wrote: »
    I have decided to buy a new tablet, and probably will go for the Nexus 7.
    The only thing concerning me is the drop in screen size.
    Are there any here who have dropped down to 7" from 10", and what are your views?

I went from the tf101 and I am glad that I made the change to the Nexus 7.

There are times when I miss the screen size, and if I had enough money I would of probably of gone for the Nexus 10, however for portability the nexus 7 wins hands down.

I love being able to slip it into my pocket, however for use on the couch or in bed, the screen size is where its missed
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it really depends on how you wish to use it. There is a big different in the screen size and yes it noticeable, especially watching video. However the nexus is going to feel so portable and you can use it with one hand.

That said, I have a TF101 with dock and for what I use it for there is no way I could live with the nexus. Even basic such as lack of full USB, HDMI out and SD card reader are all show stoppers for me. However I am sure my kids would be happy with the nexus 7 but then are completely different type of user to me.