Options

X Factor rises 1.5m viewers to 8.4m

Jo_DavidsJo_Davids Posts: 111
Forum Member
X Factor rises to 8.4m viewers, up 1.5m from last Saturday and 800k from last years equivalent episode.

Huge ratings!

Comments

• Options
    WLTDYMUTAWLTDYMUTA Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Well it lost me after last nights episode.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will be kicking themselves that they aired a terrible episode though, they spent so long on those joke contestants with the chicken, that could turn people away again.

Edit: Terrible is too strong, but I assume you'll get my point.
  • Options
    Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the positive press and social media reaction will have helped boosted the audience for the second episode.

I think they deserve it too - I'm really enjoying this series, having bit watched it properly for years. It seems more fun, funnier and less relentlessly manipulative this time round. It's still basically a load of old rubbish, but it's enjoyable and non irritating old rubbish this time round!
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    I think the positive press and social media reaction will have helped boosted the audience for the second episode.

I think they deserve it too - I'm really enjoying this series, having bit watched it properly for years. It seems more fun, funnier and less relentlessly manipulative this time round. It's still basically a load of old rubbish, but it's enjoyable and non irritating old rubbish this time round!

I certainly irritated me last night. If it is no better tonight it will be the last time I watch it.
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Higher than every show last year bar the final and almost level with last year's final.

A positive indictment of the new panel, Dermot returning and the production changes.
  • Options
    TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's show will probably make ratings fall. They spent WAY too long on chicken gate (it felt like it went on forever) and it looked ridiculously staged. Won't be surprised if it falls by 1m+ tonight.
  • Options
    plinkiplonkplinkiplonk Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly irritated me last night. If it is no better tonight it will be the last time I watch it.

What ? And miss Fleur at judges houses, and Fleur singing as special guest on the live shows, and probably Fleur sitting is as guest judge when Sharon needs to have her staples tightened ?:D
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    Oh dear!!! LOL :D

Better ratings and we got 10 minutes with Dumb & Dumber in the process. Shame as the show ended on a definite high note with Kayleigh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just watched 'Chicken Gate' - it's not that bad. I don't think their audition was staged but maybe faked by the pair. I think the audition afterwards would of helped it. Just look at Honey G, DS readers complained but it didn't really harm the show.

Never the less, the ratings will drop as they do every Sunday.
  • Options
    worldfreeworldfree Posts: 2,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was staged from the first minute
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Good ratings yes but I agree with most people in here, it was a ridiculous episode last night, and in my view didn't deserve 8 million or so views, the first two did though, they were great, last night not so much, it will be interesting to see tomorrow, what views tonight's episode will get. :)
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo_Davids wrote: »
    X Factor rises to 8.4m viewers, up 1.5m from last Saturday and 800k from last years equivalent episode.

Huge ratings!

Reason.

The return of SCD boosted it.

Nothing on BBC1 as string competition.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Reason.

The return of SCD boosted it.

Nothing on BBC1 as string competition.

Why would it? :confused:
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched 'Chicken Gate' - it's not that bad. I don't think their audition was staged but maybe faked by the pair. I think the audition afterwards would of helped it. Just look at Honey G, DS readers complained but it didn't really harm the show.

Never the less, the ratings will drop as they do every Sunday.

They were asked to audition. Of course it was staged.
  • Options
    Autumn-DreamsAutumn-Dreams Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    It is OK so for this year. A bit more like it was in the old days... Not too many sob stories, a few crazy people, some good talents, hardly any shouty girl singers.

That 20 minute stint with those 2 pathetic chicken obsessed twits last night peed me off tho, but I'll let it go...this time...
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Huge ratings!

The Strictly effect.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would it? :confused:

People stayed in to watch Strictly. The timings worked perfectly for a direct switch over as soon as Strictly finished.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People stayed in to watch Strictly. The timings worked perfectly for a direct switch over as soon as Strictly finished.

Strictly was there on the same night last year too but last night was still higher. Plus there have been plenty of occasions when Strictly has been there but XF has been lower than it was last night.
  • Options
    All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last few years the auditions rate well then fall away afterwards.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    If the Six Chair Challenge drags on for weeks and weeks like it did last year i'm not watching that section of the show. I have never been so bored in all my life.
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Except at the start of saturdays xfactor, only 6.4 million were watching - so didnt get a huge boost from Strictly, viewers grew throughout the episode.

I think a lot of the rise is to do with the positive word of mouth, Xfactor finally feels fun and worth watching this year, credit where its due.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    X factor Sunday episode got 7.65m, 500k up YOY and on par with 2014. Huge ratings!
  • Options
    worldfreeworldfree Posts: 2,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on par with 2014 explains itself, with Dermot back and olly murs fired.
    it's going to stay behind Strictly though
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Huge ratings!

The fact that people were watching Strictly and turned over probably helped.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except at the start of saturdays xfactor, only 6.4 million were watching - so didnt get a huge boost from Strictly, viewers grew throughout the episode.

I think a lot of the rise is to do with the positive word of mouth, Xfactor finally feels fun and worth watching this year, credit where its due.

You jest, its as trite, contrived and dishonest as it always was only its obvious now. The only reason I watch is because I keep hoping they will follow American Idol and get some decent artists out of it and not a bunch of 'relevant' and controllable cookie cutters.