Options

And now we have miming contestants.

Comments

• Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Well if 5AM were miming, they sounded terrible even with pre-recorded vocals.

Or are they referring to the harmonies which oddly sounded really good compared to the solo parts.

Maybe the harmonies were mimed?
  • Options
    Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More likely, post-production vocal enhancements.

They did their thing at the audition, got some constructive criticism, but had things cleaned up for broadcast.

Surely this act was scouted, so whatever their actual audition sounded like, they were going through.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More likely, post-production vocal enhancements.

They did their thing at the audition, got some constructive criticism, but had things cleaned up for broadcast.

Surely this act was scouted, so whatever their actual audition sounded like, they were going through.

It sounded to me like the group re-recorded their "audition" in a studio and this version was dubbed onto the live version.

We're not really watching auditions at all of course, nearly everything is scripted bar perhaps the bad acts.
  • Options
    ThuleonciithoxThuleonciithox Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Well I repeated many times 5 AMs preview video and the version in the full audition sounds different... At first I thought that they just equalized the shit or maybe they added some other mic buut this make sense for me now, like they actually sang that but then they recorded it on studio because the harmonies are by miles better.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I repeated many times 5 AMs preview video and the version in the full audition sounds different... At first I thought that they just equalized the shit or maybe they added some other mic buut this make sense for me now, like they actually sang that but then they recorded it on studio because the harmonies are by miles better.

Indeed, I don't think you could make a recording of a group singing by just suspending a microphone over them and then somehow remix it to sound like a studio version with multi layers and harmonies and everything. It sounds more they they've recorded it in a studio and then had this version dubbed onto the pictures from the audition.
  • Options
    mkirilenkofanmkirilenkofan Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched an epidsode for the first time last night and was in utter shock!!

It was like watching a Beyonce performance....every note perfect when the chances of this would be NIL.
    They play music now too!

Shocking.
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dread to think how bad they would've been without the clean up ,they were poor with it
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just waiting for the "have you another song?"
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't they been doing this for quite a while? I clearly remember some of the judges' houses performances being cleaned up (Miss Dynamix's one springs to mind).