Options

House Of Fools - New Vic & Bob Sitcom Starts Tues 14th Jan 10pm on BBC 2

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the last episode. I think there were more funny bits in this one than the others in the series so far. I laughed out loud a couple of times.

There was one little bit which caught me off guard and made me laugh which was where Bob told Erik that the melon he smashed on the floor was 'almost' flat, to which Erik replied "F**k off!".
    It was just the way that he said F off to Bob which was really funny.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught up. Best so far. I love this series. Morgana in particular played a botoxed blinder. Chuckling like an idiot throughout, basically. Beef's nose sticking out of Vic's otherwise completely convincing disguise...:D
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me again!

Just a heads up. Heard Chain Reaction this morning on Radio4Extra and there was a great interview with Bob and Reece Shearsmith, easily found on BBCiplayer radio in case anybody's interested. Then Bob interviews Vic, which I will listen to on the weekend. Bob is effing great.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Bob was very good value on Lets Play Darts last night
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only complaint is the way they've changed Bosh. In the pilot episode of series one he had a really funny twitch and was a lot more intimidating and aggressive. As the series has progressed though he's become a totally different character, a lot more camp than before. Bring back the old Bosh!

Nice to see Erik getting a lot more scenes this series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    My only complaint is the way they've changed Bosh. In the pilot episode of series one he had a really funny twitch and was a lot more intimidating and aggressive. As the series has progressed though he's become a totally different character, a lot more camp than before. Bring back the old Bosh!

Nice to see Erik getting a lot more scenes this series.

Yes I suppose they needed to take him out of his bedroom more.
    Does anybody know what the actor who plays Erik is like in real life? I'd be interested to see him in any clips there is online of him just to see how different he is to Erik.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Bob interviewing Vic is already on iPlayer. Brilliantly bonkers ☺️
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know what the actor who plays Erik is like in real life?

I think it's very insulting that he's the only one out of a very small cast not to be listed on the 'Characters' page of the website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3v6vFX7s792yn2BwjQZNrZs/characters

Also, searching the iPlayer for 'house of fools' says the series is currently unavailable, but the episodes for this series are on there if you dig through the programme website. Are they trying to bury this show, or has it scored zero views and triggered a bug that means it doesn't show up in a search?

As for the actor who plays Erik, I did this crazy thing whereby I looked his name up on the iPlayer/BBC website, searched it on The Google and clips came up!
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's very insulting that he's the only one out of a very small cast not to be listed on the 'Characters' page of the website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3v6vFX7s792yn2BwjQZNrZs/characters

Also, searching the iPlayer for 'house of fools' says the series is currently unavailable, but the episodes for this series are on there if you dig through the programme website. Are they trying to bury this show, or has it scored zero views and triggered a bug that means it doesn't show up in a search?

As for the actor who plays Erik, I did this crazy thing whereby I looked his name up on the iPlayer/BBC website, searched it on The Google and clips came up!

I saw him live 2 years ago, was the hip thing at the time,pretty funny off kilter "observational"standup. His persona on HOF is pretty similar to his stand up, but a bit wierder.

I loved Bobby Carpets on the darts, I think Bob is the naturally funniest man in Britain, always does well. Vic on the other hand just has a weird brain, which coupled with Bob can lead to some classic comedy, or sometimes just be a bit weird.

I enjoyed Chain Reaction with Bob and Reece (?), actually very interesting, the one with Vic and Bob was a bit meh.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't now how I managed to miss series one, but discovered this with the Christmas episode. Am loving series two so far. Deeply, deeply silly. Perfect.

If you have a moment, check out Morgana Robinson as Anna Nicole Smith in Psychobitches. (It's Youtube, or on Sky Arts). She's amazing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I suppose they needed to take him out of his bedroom more.
    Does anybody know what the actor who plays Erik is like in real life? I'd be interested to see him in any clips there is online of him just to see how different he is to Erik.
    Not sure about in real life but I first saw him on Russell Howard's Good News. It's probably online somewhere.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bit slow updating the thread tonight

I thought FMs might have posted a bit more quackly

:p
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top episode tonight I thought.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a couple of big laughs for me tonight.....one was 'quackly'

the other was when Vic pulled out the 12 bore to shoot the moth and Bob said he didn't want his underpants covered in shot.......:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it..... fluffy chicks on motorbikes and giant knicker eating moths.........:D:D:D
  • Options
    simfransimfran Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I loved Bobby Carpets on the darts,..

Thanks to Bob, I've had "We hate laminates, said we hate laminates" as an earworm ever since!
  • Options
    charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see this thread has been taken over by people who appreciate Vic and Bob rather than folks with poles up their arse who think it's garbage.

It's joyously silly and I love it for that.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a brilliant episode. Loved the self-referential stuff about the episode as well. Some nice nods to the smell of at the start as well - the "polite" mallet stuff was hysterical, although Vic doing impressions of Wogan as everyone else was brilliant :)
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still very hot and cold for me, Bobby Carpets is the best thing Bob has done for a while for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it was another great episode. Some running jokes but also some new stuff to keep it fresh.

Surreal yet dark. Who would have thought you'd get a song about finding a child's head in a box? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it. Giant knicker eating moths, and teenage pop sensation Mags Hanonahan and a song about a box in Africa ....... great stuff.
  • Options
    xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Genuinely wonder how much of it is unscripted. Obviously the prop/set piece stuff is, but the rest of the inter-play?
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That weird moment with the chick on the motorbike. Brilliant. I roared with laughter. So glad I've found this show. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone notice Erik almost start laughing in his little interchange with Bob when he was trying to stop him talking?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, i've knocked my cup over again.

How can something so simple and stupid be so funny :D