Options

Sky HD box size.

sarky sparksarky spark Posts: 505
Forum Member
✭✭
Could somebody tell me the dimensions of the sky HD box?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimensions (W x H x D) 380mm x 72mm x 243mm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you should leave a couple of inches extra on the sides for ventilation...
  • Options
    NeilPostNeilPost Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    TommyW wrote: »
    Dimensions (W x H x D) 380mm x 72mm x 243mm

With wierd buttons on the front top, which make it a pain in a digibox stack or when mounted high - just put them on the front Sky wierdo's.....or is it a deliverate design fault to keep the box on the top of a stack for cooling purposes ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeilPost wrote: »
    With wierd buttons on the front top, which make it a pain in a digibox stack or when mounted high - just put them on the front Sky wierdo's.....or is it a deliverate design fault to keep the box on the top of a stack for cooling purposes ?
    Deliberate yes, for cooling purposes may be, but seeing one fan is located at the bottom the other at one side of the box and they are accompanied by vents at both ends, apart from denying access to the panel controls which are placed on top of the box, I can't see why the box can't be placed within a stack, within reason, so long as there is plenty of ventilation to both ends.

I wouldn't have said it was a design fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilPost wrote: »

At least it is stackable. You don't need those buttons on the top unless you have lost your remote.
    Its better than the freesat box they do. That is curved so really is unstackable. Horrible cheap design.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poppitypop wrote: »
    At least it is stackable. You don't need those buttons on the top unless you have lost your remote.
    Its better than the freesat box they do. That is curved so really is unstackable. Horrible cheap design.
    It's also a lot better than the V+ box, this runs as hot as an iron and has all the vents on top and really does need a lot of room to breathe, no way would I attempt to stack this box.