Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 11)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    It's another Man City performance so far. can't even do the simple things well. Jeez we're even making Henderson look good!

Yep, feels like they will score everytime they get the ball.
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    tbf, Dawson and Capoue aren't exactly what you're looking for in a top four defence ... I assumed the idea would be to shield them. A lot.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our midfield isn't in the game. Paulinho and Dembele are chasing shadows and when they get the ball they aren't releasing it quickly enough. Just can't see us pulling this back unless Pool have a nightmare second half. Have a feeling that as we pile forward they are going to pick us off on the counter like Man City did
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,740
    Forum Member
    As much as I love Dawson I just dont think he is good enough at this stage.

I knew Dawson would get the blame. At least he was awake and actually got to the first ball. Capoue and Dembele just stood there while Suarez ran off them to pick up the lay off by Henderson.

Capoe looks like he's never played centre back before and our midfield with the exception of Chadli have been asleep.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    words fail me really. just so much wrong with that half i don't know where to begin.

is "pass and move" really such a horrible idea ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Moth wrote: »
    I knew Dawson would get the blame. At least he was awake and actually got to the first ball. Capoue and Dembele just stood there while Suarez ran off them to pick up the lay off by Henderson.

Capoe looks like he's never played centre back before and our midfield with the exception of Chadli have been asleep.

Didnt blame him for anything.
  • mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Andy-B wrote: »
    tbf, Dawson and Capoue aren't exactly what you're looking for in a top four defence ... I assumed the idea would be to shield them. A lot.

A lot of Spurs' problems over the last 18 months are self inflicted - Naughton at LB, playing a high line with the likes of Dawson and Friedel, leaving huge gaps behind the fullback, inconsistent pressing.

I've not watched the last few games - so can't comment if things have improved for AVB since Man Utd at WHL - but things still look very muddled compared to other teams.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naughton off, which is no surprise. He's not a left back, and cant cope with the pressure he had.

Much improvement is required, and we daren't concede another, or I would fear the worst.
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This removes the veiled disguise of learnt from being humiliated by City. Against better quality and organised teams we are embarrassing. He is lost and cannot escape heaped criticism. Chopping and changing and playing hopeless scared football is leading us nowhere. We'll be out of the FA Cup in January and that'll be enough. Harsh but right. £100m and not a clue.
    Forum Member
    Going down the list of actual or co-opted left backs:

BAE (farmed out)
    Rose (injured)
    Vertoghen (injured)
    Naughton (traumatised)
    Fryers <<< current
    some yoof
    Me <<<< not far to go now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen much of Benny this season? He was a bit out of sorts last but when at full fitness wow we miss him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that just about sums up Paulinho's and the Ref's day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really give up on football if that's a red card. Referee's are turning into a right bunch of nannies this season.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    well that just about sums up Paulinho's and the Ref's day!

The Ref has been crap, and the way we've been they don't need any help from him to beat us.

Suarez made a right meal of it.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I really give up on football if that's a red card. Referee's are turning into a right bunch of nannies this season.

A chest high studs up challenge? Pretty sure that's worthy of a red!
    Forum Member
    Might be the longest 20 minutes of AVBs life coming up ...
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would give up on the basis that you have no idea. That is a clear red all day. Who should expect to get away with six studs in the chest of an opponent?
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,740
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    A chest high studs up challenge? Pretty sure that's worthy of a red!

What is more, he turned his foot to drive it into Suarez's chest. Ridiculous challenge.

OMG what is Sky - the Jermaine Defoe supporters club?
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would give up on the basis that you have no idea. That is a clear red all day. Who should expect to get away with six studs in the chest of an opponent?

Says the Liverpool fan. Accidental raising of the foot. Yellow for me. Still gives AVB an excuse for not winning or scoring now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Moth wrote: »
    What is more, he turned his foot to drive it into Suarez's chest. Ridiculous challenge.

OMG what is Sky - the Jermaine Defoe supporters club?

It looked to me that he was turning/pulling his foot out of the challenge when he realised he wasnt gonna get anywhere near the ball, however Suarez' momentum meant he ended up getting him anyway. But I agree that it was a red.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says the Liverpool fan.

Epic fail.
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says the Liverpool fan. Accidental raising of the foot. Yellow for me. Still gives AVB an excuse for not winning or scoring now

No excuses. We all can see what went before for too long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simple when you get players in the box!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game over. Shocking defending again.
This discussion has been closed.