Aliona was so rude

Comments

• jwren12002jwren12002 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    fatskia wrote: »
    If you think this is being rude, you must meet a lot of rude people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0b8hHCHWoo

No rush to put up this years though ;-) :D
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwren12002 wrote: »
    No rush to put up this years though ;-) :D

Because it's not on YouTube yet?

And feel free to do so because there was nothing wrong with her reaction in the slightest.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't even remember what the problem was supposed to be. Too busy looking at the lovely Aliona. Pouty, sulky, mouthy Aliona is fine by me. Not like she's a charlatan or anything.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    What sort of role model is Gregg Wallace?

I'm more offended that BBC have made someone like him famous and invited him onto a family show when he was involved in a drunken brawl as recently as last year! To me that's far more offensive than Aliona's initial reaction to being paired with him!

Forgetting, of course, a certain "Sainted" returning X-Factor judge who was convicted of assault in a court of law and given 120 hours community service as well as paying compensation to the toilet attendant she beat up.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed with Aliona . Very unprofessional . I mean fgs I'd expect a better, more positive response from a top professional dancer and teacher .
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Forgetting, of course, a certain "Sainted" returning X-Factor judge who was convicted of assault in a court of law and given 120 hours community service as well as paying compensation to the toilet attendant she beat up.

Indeed, but just because ITV employ dodgy role models on their shows it doesn't mean the BBC should be following suit.

And just to pick up on a point someone made earlier, I don't care how big a show 'Masterchef' is - Gregg Wallace is right up there with people who don't deserve their fame - I very much doubt he and his side kick are the main attractions on 'Masterchef' anyway!
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona was rude unlike Natalie who was lovely with Tim.

Natalie was so very OTT fake. It was obvious. I laughed.

Aliona was just neutral not rude.

Anyway Gregg is in for serious rudeness from Craig so he had better toughen up.

Whatever, they all knew the pairings in advance. I suspect the show is rehearsed. I suspect the bigger celebrity names pre-negotiated pro partners.

It is scripted show business not a serious Olympic competition.
  • Butterfly8588Butterfly8588 Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Poor Greg! Poor Aliona more like, the guy's a creep.

What's happened with Greg then? I dont read newspapers or watch the news so I dont know much about him other then hes the bald bloke from masterchef which I don't watch!
    I was looking at it from a completely neutral point of view.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's happened with Greg then? I dont read newspapers or watch the news so I dont know much about him other then hes the bald bloke from masterchef which I don't watch!
    I was looking at it from a completely neutral point of view.

Just google Gregg Wallace fight.

According to the article Gregg said the magazine boss at the event had displayed inappropriate behaviour towards his girlfriend and he was defending her.

That doesn't make him seem that bad to me. He was defending his girlfriend and it got out of hand. I did catch his edition of Who Do You Think You Are (a year or too ago) and he seemed o.k to me.

As for Aliona, she shouldn't really expect a contender, she's been a winner and a runner up and considering the relatively few series she's done that's not a bad record. Other pros haven't had a contender for years!
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get that producers don't seem fond of Aliona but I can't fathom why Natalie was screwed again, what did she do to them.

I would have rather seen Jake and Aliona and its likely they both would have too over the partners they got, if I was a celeb I'd be peed off to get Janette.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping Jake would get Aliona, but I didn't see either of them look rude or disappointed, Its just the way Aliona is I dont remember her every getting really excited like Natalie who I thought was way over the top. Jake I think was nervous and just wanted it over with, he looked pretty good in the group dance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Just google Gregg Wallace fight.

According to the article Gregg said the magazine boss at the event had displayed inappropriate behaviour towards his girlfriend and he was defending her.

That doesn't make him seem that bad to me. He was defending his girlfriend and it got out of hand. I did catch his edition of Who Do You Think You Are (a year or too ago) and he seemed o.k to me.

As for Aliona, she shouldn't really expect a contender, she's been a winner and a runner up and considering the relatively few series she's done that's not a bad record. Other pros haven't had a contender for years!

The magazine boss denies that he was 'inappropriate' with his girlfriend so that's just Gregg's version of events and given that Gregg was allegedly drunk anyway I don't think his version of events is entirely reliable. The magazine boss said all he was doing was just chatting with his girlfriend at the event. Also why did he have to get into a violent fight with the man? Whatever Gregg alleges about the magazine boss that's not an excuse for physical violence.

Anyway he admits himself he's got issues with his temper and he has a dodgy past which includes a conviction for football hooliganism.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/423315/Greg-Wallace-The-Masterchef-judge-with-a-taste-for-trouble
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be the literal meaning of rude and for some people, a Strictly meaning of rude.

To me, all the glitter, lovie lovie, mwah mwah, 'You're superlatives - tell me I'm superlatives' side of Strictly is all fluff - fake.

At its best, the dancing side is not fake. The blisters are real, the hard work is real, the commitment, injuries, discipline, pain, hunger are real. That is part of a dancer's life and the celebrities get to dip their toe into it. What makes Strictly for me is that it is a test of character and I want to see how the celebs do.

Part of the process is to form a good working relationship with the pro as the teacher and the celeb as the pupil. Its the pro who has to establish the rules in that relationship. There is also a role to play and be learned as a partner.
    That is the stuff that matters.

I hope all the negativity about either of them doesn't get in the way of them being able to form a working relationship and getting on with the challenge of Strictly.
  • tracynoetracynoe Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Aliona was rude. The pro who's reaction I felt uncomftable with was Iveta. Thom was ready for a polite kiss on the cheek and she totally left him out there, concentrating on her own pose. If Aliona had done that this board would have been in melt down.
    I like both ladies so not complaining, I just feel Aliona gets a rough time on here.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The magazine boss denies that he was 'inappropriate' with his girlfriend so that's just Gregg's version of events and given that Gregg was allegedly drunk anyway I don't think his version of events is entirely reliable. The magazine boss said all he was doing was just chatting with his girlfriend at the event. Also why did he have to get into a violent fight with the man? Whatever Gregg alleges about the magazine boss that's not an excuse for physical violence.

Anyway he admits himself he's got issues with his temper and he has a dodgy past which includes a conviction for football hooliganism.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/423315/Greg-Wallace-The-Masterchef-judge-with-a-taste-for-trouble

So we're holding something that happened years ago against the man? He was a teenager for god's sake. People get into trouble a lot as teenagers (especially when you mix football and drink). Dear god.

I'm not condoning this, but honestly, it's not like he's a murderer or a thief. And not like this had happened last week, or last year. He was charged; it's over. LONG AGO.

Obviously no-one on DS has ever done anything wrong, ever (regardless of whether they were caught or not).

I wish I could be so saintly and perfect. ;-)

And that article seems to go out of its way to pillory him (although why i'm surprised I don't know. The Express is the same sort of filth as the Mail; salacious gossip, half-truths and front page headlines about the 'killer' weather every so often. I stopped reading it years ago, when i realised the road down which it was going. I like NEWS, not the type of trash it prints).

It seems to me that people have decided that they don't like Gregg based on both this (which happened years and years ago, and it's not like he's a serial offender for god's sake) and him standing up for his girlfriend. If he's admitted he has a temper, then fine. We all have tempers. 'There but for the grace of god' springs to mind.

And this is one of the many reasons why I don't visit the SCD forums any more when the show is on. It's poisoned two seasons for me during the last few years. To the extent that I couldn't even watch the final.

I shall be very glad to watch the show and cheer ALL of the contestants (about whom I have NO preconceived perceptions - skewed rightly or wrongly by salacious media reports etc ) - without being unduly influenced by what goes on on here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we're holding something that happened years ago against the man? He was a teenager for god's sake. People get into trouble a lot as teenagers (especially when you mix football and drink). Dear god.

I'm not condoning this, but honestly, it's not like he's a murderer or a thief. And not like this had happened last week, or last year. He was charged; it's over. LONG AGO.

Obviously no-one on DS has ever done anything wrong, ever (regardless of whether they were caught or not).

I wish I could be so saintly and perfect. ;-)

And that article seems to go out of its way to pillory him (although why i'm surprised I don't know. The Express is the same sort of filth as the Mail; salacious gossip, half-truths and front page headlines about the 'killer' weather every so often. I stopped reading it years ago, when i realised the road down which it was going. I like NEWS, not the type of trash it prints).

It seems to me that people have decided that they don't like Gregg based on both this (which happened years and years ago, and it's not like he's a serial offender for god's sake) and him standing up for his girlfriend. If he's admitted he has a temper, then fine. We all have tempers. 'There but for the grace of god' springs to mind.

And this is one of the many reasons why I don't visit the SCD forums any more when the show is on. It's poisoned two seasons for me during the last few years. To the extent that I couldn't even watch the final.

I shall be very glad to watch the show and cheer ALL of the contestants (about whom I have NO preconceived perceptions - skewed rightly or wrongly by salacious media reports etc ) - without being unduly influenced by what goes on on here.

I've not claimed to be 'saintly' and 'perfect' so there's absolutely no need for the sarcasm!

As for the second BIB we don't know if he was 'standing up for his girlfriend' - that is just his version of events. For all we know he could have misinterpreted something when the magazine boss was chatting to his girlfried and given that the magazine boss strongly denies that that anything inappropriate went on and apparently there was copious amounts of alcohol cosumed at this event I don't think Gregg's version of events is entirely reliable! And even if in the worst case scenario the magazine boss did say something inappropriate to his girlfriend or looked at her in the wrong way that's no excuse for resorting to violence! The pictures that were circulated at the time of Gregg attacking this poor man look horrendous! He's a grown man and father for goodness sake and he's admitted himself he's got a problem with his temper. And I don't care when the football hooliganism occurred, it still happened - even though I've said I'm not perfect I can honestly say I never belonged to any violent gangs when I was younger!

And I'm saying this for the umpteenth time to defend myself - I'm not basing my dislike on Gregg on just tabloid reports - I don't think he himself comes across as a savoury character in the media generally and I've seen quite a lot of him on tv in the past, read interviews and sometimes read his twitter feed. I've said this on another thread but I'll say it again - Why can't people on here accept that some people might have valid reasons for not liking a certain celeb? I'm so fed up with this holier than thou I'll just get on my high horse attitude from some DS members here.

And going back to the thread topic Aliona wasn't rude to Gregg and if secretly deep down she's peed off with being paired with him she has good reason to be!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just putting link up for after launch show interviews.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Strictly-2014-couples-revealed

If you watch perhaps those who think Aliona was 'rude' will see that she's fine here. She's being friendly and joking along with Gregg.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Strictly-2014-couples-revealed

If you watch perhaps those who think Aliona was 'rude' will see that she's fine here. She's being friendly and joking along with Gregg.

My guess is that Aliona was taking things cautiously at the pairing with a mind to getting their working relationship started the best way. Aliona was a tough no-nonsense teacher even with Matt and Harry - occasionally swearing and telling them off, so no point in cartwheeling over squealing 'I'm so happy!' and then maybe having to tear chunks out of Gregg in training. Would only confuse the man. Aliona is potentially the toughest teacher, but she is also gentle and sweet when that is the best way. She was probably just less sure of what way things would work best with Gregg than with the others, so best to start off slow and let things fall into place.
  • MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now your putting facts into the discussion and that just will not do around here. :D
  • jwren12002jwren12002 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Thanks for putting up the post-show interviews. I was pleasantly surprised to see Aliona and Gregg's section. I still stand by my opinion that I thought she was rude at the initial pairing, but I'd like to think she'll make an effort now to make the best of the situation (and going on the VT that's exactly what she will do). I have nothing against Aliona, and it's not that I'm a Gregg fan, I just made an observation on Sunday night telly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    My guess is that Aliona was taking things cautiously at the pairing with a mind to getting their working relationship started the best way. Aliona was a tough no-nonsense teacher even with Matt and Harry - occasionally swearing and telling them off, so no point in cartwheeling over squealing 'I'm so happy!' and then maybe having to tear chunks out of Gregg in training. Would only confuse the man. Aliona is potentially the toughest teacher, but she is also gentle and sweet when that is the best way. She was probably just less sure of what way things would work best with Gregg than with the others, so best to start off slow and let things fall into place.

Another little insight into how Aliona adapts her training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B1JO7DDsAg
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for the second BIB we don't know if he was 'standing up for his girlfriend' - that is just his version of events. For all we know he could have misinterpreted something when the magazine boss was chatting to his girlfried and given that the magazine boss strongly denies that that anything inappropriate went on and apparently there was copious amounts of alcohol cosumed at this event I don't think Gregg's version of events is entirely reliable!
    That is the point - we don't know. So why assume that Greg's version is any more unreliable than that of the magazine boss? Why assume that Greg misinterpreted events?

As for the magazine boss denying any impropriety - well he would, wouldn't he?

We don't know - so we're in no position to draw conclusions from Greg's statement nor that of the magazine boss.
    And even if in the worst case scenario the magazine boss did say something inappropriate to his girlfriend or looked at her in the wrong way that's no excuse for resorting to violence! The pictures that were circulated at the time of Gregg attacking this poor man look horrendous! He's a grown man and father for goodness sake and he's admitted himself he's got a problem with his temper. And I don't care when the football hooliganism occurred, it still happened - even though I've said I'm not perfect I can honestly say I never belonged to any violent gangs when I was younger!
    I do not condone violence in any circumstances and perhaps he should enrol on anger management classes - but neither do I consider the alleged groper a 'poor man,' That is if the groping happened. We simply don't know.

As for the football hooliganism, it is always to be deplored but ... at the age of 49 surely a teenage misdemeanor belongs in his past.
    And I'm saying this for the umpteenth time to defend myself - I'm not basing my dislike on Gregg on just tabloid reports - I don't think he himself comes across as a savoury character in the media generally and I've seen quite a lot of him on tv in the past, read interviews and sometimes read his twitter feed. I've said this on another thread but I'll say it again - Why can't people on here accept that some people might have valid reasons for not liking a certain celeb? I'm so fed up with this holier than thou I'll just get on my high horse attitude from some DS members here.
    He's not the most likeable contestant but that has nothing to do with his teenage breach of the law nor his recent display of temper - I simply don't take to cockiness.
    And going back to the thread topic Aliona wasn't rude to Gregg and if secretly deep down she's peed off with being paired with him she has good reason to be.
    There was nothing secret about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    That is the point - we don't know. So why assume that Greg's version is any more unreliable than that of the magazine boss? Why assume that Greg misinterpreted events?

As for the magazine boss denying any impropriety - well he would, wouldn't he?

We don't know - so we're in no position to draw conclusions from Greg's statement nor that of the magazine boss.

I do not condone violence in any circumstances and perhaps he should enrol on anger management classes - but neither do I consider the alleged groper a 'poor man,' That is if the groping happened. We simply don't know.

As for the football hooliganism, it is always to be deplored but ... at the age of 49 surely a teenage misdemeanor belongs in his past.

He's not the most likeable contestant but that has nothing to do with his teenage breach of the law nor his recent display of temper - I simply don't take to cockiness.

There was nothing secret about it.

I'm saying he was a 'poor man' because he was violently attacked - that much we do know because there are several eye witnesses to the event and a picture put up on twitter and various press websties!

http://www.capitalbay.com/uk/373214-gregg-wallace-fight-picture-shows-moment-masterchef-star-brawled-with-fan-at-dinner-bash.html

Yes the magazine propreiter would deny it but so equally so would Gregg and his girlfriend come up with an excuse for his thuggish behaviour to save his neck and lucrative job contracts in the media! Even if in the worst case scenario this guy did allegedly pinch her bottom that isn't an excuse for Gregg to take the law into his own hands and launch a vicious attack!

Gregs got issues with anger he's admitted it himself and apparently has had to have to hire PR people to go around with him at events to stop him getting into fights......so excuse me if I take what he says with a pinch of salt and have more sympathy for the magazine boss. He also seems allegedly to have issues of drunkeness as I've heard quite a few stories of people coming across him legless. Oh and if you don't like cockiness perhaps read some of Gregg's interviews - the man comes across far from humble!

As for Aliona - I accept that some people may interpret her initial expression of getting Gregg as disappointed and therefore could describe it as 'rude' but my point is after initially learning of the pairing she didn't prolong this attiude and I think she was just fine with him - she smiled and held his hand and if you look at the link I gave in the aftershow interview she's smiling and joking along with him.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone knows Aliona doesn't do fake effusion but after all the 'rude and unprofessional' comments on here I thought I must have missed something, so I went back and had another look and just can't see anything wrong with her expression or body language. Seemed perfectly acceptable to me :confused:.
    tracynoe wrote: »
    I don't think Aliona was rude. The pro who's reaction I felt uncomftable with was Iveta. Thom was ready for a polite kiss on the cheek and she totally left him out there, concentrating on her own pose. If Aliona had done that this board would have been in melt down.
    I like both ladies so not complaining, I just feel Aliona gets a rough time on here.

I must say, it hadn't crossed my mind that Iveta was doing anything wrong (I rather thought she was shocked and unsure what to do ;-)), but I can see, now you mention it, she did rather leave him hanging! :p. You're quite right though, if Aliona had done the same, she would have been criticised for it. She gets it in the neck whatever she does.

Agree. They seem absolutely fine. (And so does Jake whose initial reaction did make me wince a bit, so perhaps that was just a bit of nervousness/awkwardness at the situation rather than anything against Janette).
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^
    Prays to God or Tove Jansson or anyone wise and cool up there that this is the last word in the matter. Can't wait for the dancing to start so we have something to talk about :cool:

EDIT: me arrows are all wrong now. I mean what Soupy said.