Celebrity Squares

Comments

• Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dead John Inman might liven things up a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Wasn't the original version only half an hour long?

The 1975 ATV version was 45 minutes, the second Central version was 30 minutes
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Wilkinson......NO>:(

Tom Rosenthal is a pleb. :)
    Always a pleasure to read a mature and considered opinion.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    Always a pleasure to read a mature and considered opinion.
    Thanks for that. :p
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,375
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the show last night, Love James Corden & Tim Vine. I am however having second thoughts about tuning into to the next few shoes since finding out Joe Wilkinson is a regular, He is awful, I'm sorry but I can't stand him, IMO he's about as funny as stubbing your toe. He's already ruined 8 out of 10 cats (and the countdown version)., and now he's ruined this. I'd much rather have Corden as a regular than him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the show last night, Love James Corden & Tim Vine. I am however having second thoughts about tuning into to the next few shoes since finding out Joe Wilkinson is a regular, He is awful, I'm sorry but I can't stand him, IMO he's about as funny as stubbing your toe. He's already ruined 8 out of 10 cats (and the countdown version)., and now he's ruined this. I'd much rather have Corden as a regular than him!

I find Joe Wilkinson quite funny in small doses, but he is a bit of a one joke merchant so it can get a bit wearing after a while. Corden on the other hand, I can't stand and don't quite understand how he's been so successful. He's even getting his own US chat show.
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just a rumour at the moment, I think.
    Seeing as Joe has got a regular gig on CS, it seems he's given up on ...Cats Does Countdown. He's not on the latter for the next two weeks.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I can't believe the amount of people saying "who?"

I don't watch soaps or reality tv but i've heard of people who are considered celebrities.
    Especially people posting on DS, a media / celebrity website.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »

Seeing as Joe has got a regular gig on CS, it seems he's given up on ...Cats Does Countdown. He's not on the latter for the next two weeks.

What's just a rumour, James Corden getting the US Chat Show? It's true and has been confirmed:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a595368/james-corden-confirmed-as-new-host-of-cbss-the-late-late-show.html#~oPA7E3eeGTCKKz
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did like it, but found a lot of the jokes were a bit on the dodgy side for the time it was broadcast.
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Joe Wilkinson quite funny in small doses, but he is a bit of a one joke merchant so it can get a bit wearing after a while. Corden on the other hand, I can't stand and don't quite understand how he's been so successful. He's even getting his own US chat show.

I thought the same about joe wilkinson it gets dreary after a while, i like corden though. Jamelia gets on my nerves with her giggling hope shes not on it next week.
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick Miller was in Ideal for a few series as Moz/Johnny Vegas's stepdad.

Sara Pascoe was excellent in the series of Stand Up For The Week she did.

Joe Wilkinson is one of those people that I don't understand why they are successful in the first place and also on tv at all. I have never found anything he's done funny, don't know of anyone that does and having watched him in Live At The Electric in his Two Episodes Of Mash guise find that the live audience think similarly. The silence and occasional chuckle every week was embarrassing as was him or his partner, Diane Morgan, on more than one occasion having to tell the audience the sketch was over as it was so bad. I'm all for dead pan, dry humour but he us just awful. He kills an atmosphere and has a negative effect on a programme. I wonder what evidence he's got over the tv execs.

Time Vine thinks he's cleverer than he is and is far too smug for my liking. He does have the occasional funny but I put that down to the law of averages with him.

Cordon's ok in small doses. I din't really mind him.

Warwick Davis was decent. He came over as being there because he could do the job rather than for ticking boxes. A likeable chap.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    They'd have a problem getting John Inman - he died in 2007.

I don't remember it being this slow and boring when it was originally broadcast.

I am aware of his current state of breathing, I was comparing one of the old regulars with the current lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't warwick got big hands. Is that offensive?....
    Not really - it just means he's one of the luckiest dwarves around considering they are usually inflicted with stubby fingers. He somehow was born with dwarfism in all his body parts....except his hands, which are 'regular'-size.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member

Well said. I feel exactly the same as you about Joe. My sister cant stand him either
    simongvs70 wrote: »

Please says that's true. Maybe i can watch ..cats does countdown again. He ruined it for me.
    Though partially less irritating on this i would rather he wasn't there.
    He is as funny as a potted plant
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I can't believe the amount of people saying "who?"

I don't watch soaps or reality tv but i've heard of people who are considered celebrities.
    Especially people posting on DS, a media / celebrity website.

You shouldn't be surprised. Every time there's a celebrity based show, people rush to threads on the 'net to announce their ignorance to the world and revel in it.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Wilkinson......NO>:(

Tom Rosenthal is a pleb. :)

Is that what he is in .. imo a poor man Inbetweener :D
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Hope Joe Wilkinson isnt on every week. Cant stand him or Cordon. Cordon just wont shut up.
    Tim Vine was great. I'm glad you asked me..lol..could be a catchphrase. Enjoyed it though.
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this on catch up... Dear God, talk about mind numbing!

What a pile of carp. So called comedians; just not funny and please don't tell me they didn't know the questions before being asked.
  • Sarah_CollinsSarah_Collins Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    i despise joe wilkinson but apart from that it's great, got some great celeb guests and warwick is funny. awesome.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On tonight.....

Four lightweight comedians
    Some soap actress, I've never heard of
    Rufus hound
    A dog, and her canine pet
    A man. In drag...... And Dane edna
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've given it another go but have sort of zoned out....its on in the background so not really watching.....
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I went to school with 'emma'. But I'm not sure....
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On tonight.....

Four lightweight comedians
    Some soap actress, I've never heard of
    Rufus hound
    A dog, and her canine pet
    A man. In drag...... And Dane edna
    Are you calling Vorders a man in drag or a comedian?
    When did Rufus shave his whiskers off?
    The only Who On God's Green Earth...? from me goes to Patrick Monahan.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of the comedian, has anyone?:confused: