Options

The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg!! "One Direction break the internet announcing new single Steal My Girl co-written with Ed Sheeran" :):blush: :kitty: http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/14/one-direction-break-the-internet-announcing-new-single-steal-my-girl-co-written-with-ed-sheeran-4868869/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the boys having a go at "blurred lines".. they should cover this on their shows lolz :blush::blush:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OywaNtAg84
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    omg!! "One Direction break the internet announcing new single Steal My Girl co-written with Ed Sheeran" :):blush: :kitty: http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/14/one-direction-break-the-internet-announcing-new-single-steal-my-girl-co-written-with-ed-sheeran-4868869/

Mmm that article says only Zayn co wrote it with Ed. Ok that's possible but just thought the others would be in the mix too.

So what happened to the naughty boy song he was tweeting so much about :confused:
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oi! I announced it on the previous page already. :p:D It hasn't been confirmed that Ed and Zayn wrote this track. It's just a rumour on twitter at the moment. Metro has not done its fact checking and just went with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Mmm that article says only Zayn co wrote it with Ed. Ok that's possible but just thought the others would be in the mix too.

So what happened to the naughty boy song he was tweeting so much about :confused:

It was never confirmed officially that that would be the first single. Naughty Boy said it might be.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billboard has confirmed that Ed Drewett, Liam and Louis as well as a few others wrote Steal My Girl. Ed Drewett also tweeted that he co-wrote the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Oi! I announced it on the previous page already. :p:D It hasn't been confirmed that Ed and Zayn wrote this track. It's just a rumour on twitter at the moment. Metro has not done its fact checking and just went with it.

sowwy lolz!! :blush: whilst billboard reports lilo co-writing with a different set of co-writers :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so i'm celebrating the announcement of their new single with a look back at their youtube clips including these fails.. :o:Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t40NmA7Bg0c
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excited but also confused. It was reported to be released on 12th October with reports of an X factor performance that day. Now the official twitter account says it being released on 19th October.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluestone wrote: »
    Excited but also confused. It was reported to be released on 12th October with reports of an X factor performance that day. Now the official twitter account says it being released on 19th October.....

by then it'd be on rewind from a download from tumblr lolz.. but i'd still buy the original :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to that well known paragon of truth twitter 1d HQ have changed the date to the 19th. Only 3 weeks after the rest of the world rolls eyes lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to that well known paragon of truth twitter 1d HQ have changed the date to the 19th. Only 3 weeks after the rest of the world rolls eyes lol.

TBF, 19th October would be an easier week. Not much (if at all any) competition that week. Charli XCX is releasing her track 'break the rules' , but i'm not sure that's a contender.
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, SMG is already #40 on itunes UK and #31 in Ireland (pre-order).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBF, 19th October would be an easier week. Not much (if at all any) competition that week. Charli XCX is releasing her track 'break the rules' , but i'm not sure that's a contender.

I am just interested why UK record labels and the public here have the attitude that singles must be held back because of competition? No other territory does this. Why should we have to wait a while for some songs? Competition is good. Nobody would release anything if they were worried about competing all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just interested why UK record labels and the public here have the attitude that singles must be held back because of competition? No other territory does this. Why should we have to wait a while for some songs? Competition is good. Nobody would release anything if they were worried about competing all the time.

I think the answer is obvious though. Competition is only good if you think you'll win. With certain acts (a lot) record companies and the act themselves will want to say that they've had 6 #1s or 6 top 5 uk hits. It's all about the bio for all the press write ups and X factor style collage/promo speels. So if it means eying up the competition and looking for weeks where their product might chart better, why wouldn't they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the answer is obvious though. Competition is only good if you think you'll win. With certain acts (a lot) record companies and the act themselves will want to say that they've had 6 #1s or 6 top 5 uk hits. It's all about the bio for all the press write ups and X factor style collage/promo speels. So if it means eying up the competition and looking for weeks where their product might chart better, why wouldn't they?

Yes, but why are we the only territory in the world that worries about this? We do get some singles at the same time like Taylor Swift. But others are held back. They don't worry about it in the rest of the world. Also, the longer things are held back the more chance there is to illegally download them.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Liam has broken his arm. According to his friend Andy Samuels he did it whilst trying to breakdance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Looks like Liam has broken his arm. According to his friend Andy Samuels he did it whilst trying to breakdance.

Ouch. poor liam. I bet management are thrilled lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »

ohhhhh!! poor baby leeyum :(:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pre-order of SMG up to #34 in the UK (highest of all pre-orders on itunes at the moment), #28 in Ireland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    pre-order of SMG up to #34 in the UK (highest of all pre-orders on itunes at the moment), #28 in Ireland.

:):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):):)

It crazy, for a song nobody has ever heard :) Some people on buzzjack comparing it to people pre-ordering the X Factor winner's single before the final :D At least with One Direction you more or less know what you're getting :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It crazy, for a song nobody has ever heard :) Some people on buzzjack comparing it to people pre-ordering the X Factor winner's single before the final :D At least with One Direction you more or less know what you're getting :)

that's what it is.. they've given us 3 albums which everybody in the fandom loved, so it's not as if how they will sound will be a complete surprise... :) :kitty:

to be fair, their latest album may be a mixed bag but that only made it, for me, an album that had something for everyone :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or with 5SOS perfect song which apparently did far better as a pre order as it shot top ten within 10 mins of release......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or with 5SOS perfect song which apparently did far better as a pre order as it shot top ten within 10 mins of release......

... which was their first song available on itunes though... It's not like it's the first time you can pre-order a One Direction song. So I find it even more impressive.

And are you sure about "She looks so perfect" not being available to listen to before pre-ordering? Or did you also read that on buzzjack? Because I think there was an audio out, but I could be wrong, as I'm not a big fan of 5SOS.