Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I really hope that happens.
    There are still far too many so-called "fans" that think Wenger can do no wrong.
    Whatever it takes to get him out of the club. He has set us back 5 years with his negligence, stubbornness, and despicable attitude towards the loyal supporters.
    No manager in Europe would dream to go into a new season in the position we are in regarding personnel. Honestly, what does he have to do to get sacked!?

I can imagine a big game this season with Bellerin - Mert - Monreal - Flamini in the defence resulting in another 6-0 thrashing. Wenger should have foreseen this with our injury record.

Always 2 or 3 players short of a squad genuinely challenging for the title.

This article sums up our lack of defensive cover well http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/15/arsenal-injuries-arsene-wenger-transfer-strategy-borussia-dortmund-champions-league
  • LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go support Tottenham.

Disgrace.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Özil is a great team player for us. I really can't understand the stick he gets. Just because he doesn't pull off technically wondrous feats doesn't mean he isn't valuable to the team. His contribution in almost every match he plays more than warrants his inclusion.
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are still far too many so-called "fans" that think Wenger can do no wrong.
    Whatever it takes to get him out of the club. He has set us back 5 years with his negligence, stubbornness, and despicable attitude towards the loyal supporters.
    No manager in Europe would dream to go into a new season in the position we are in regarding personnel. Honestly, what does he have to do to get sacked!?

And yet he won us the FA cup last season and the community shield this season, i bet you were happy when he did that or are you one of those idiots that say "if anything good happens its the team but anything bad it's the manager" Get the **** outta here, imbecile.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    And yet he won us the FA cup last season and the community shield this season, i bet you were happy when he did that or are you one of those idiots that say "if anything good happens its the team but anything bad it's the manager" Get the **** outta here, imbecile.

Fickle as fk some fans.

Others never miss an oportunity to slag Wenger. For some it seems it's all they live for.
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    Fickle as fk some fans.

Others never miss an oportunity to slag Wenger. For some it seems it's all they live for.

He's not immune to criticism but some of it can go overboard. Saying our players should get injured so Wenger can get sacked is the attitude we could do without.

Saying that, with the money we have to be in the situation without any recognised CB cover (Chambers and Monreal are not Vermaelen class) is bad management imo.

Our squad is really imbalanced. We're probably still a left winger, couple of defenders and a DM short with far too many central midfielders in the squad.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    Özil is a great team player for us. I really can't understand the stick he gets. Just because he doesn't pull off technically wondrous feats doesn't mean he isn't valuable to the team. His contribution in almost every match he plays more than warrants his inclusion.

For once I agree with you :o.

Just don't get the hate, and for some to call him lazy :confused:
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ref looks like he's wearing his underwear.
    Forum Member
    Living dangerously. Good keeping from Chesney there.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Amazing we're still in this game TBH :eek:
    I think calling Ozil lazy is way OTT :confused: Maybe massive expectations came with his pricetag. He often looks confused but he isnt in his best position.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wellbeck's had two decent chances.
    Forum Member
    Snatched at that chance Welbeck.

Scary looking at the bench. Chambers is the only defender there. Why isn't Flamini on the bench.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised, we've been very open at the back.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Like a knife through butter!
    Forum Member
    Caught on the break as usual. Great time for Dortmund to score.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we look exactly as awful as we did away to decent teams last season. Absolutely nothing's changed.
    Forum Member
    You have to question what defensive work is done on the training ground.

All over the place at the back. Attack not clicking either.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    So bloody predictable. Have Arsenal even led a game at half time this season?

Urgh, tree more years of spin and agonising frustration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So bloody predictable. Have Arsenal even led a game at half time this season?

Urgh, tree more years of spin and agonising frustration.

Was reading today we've led for a total of under 15 minutes in the league. About 4 at the end of the Palace game, 2 against Leicester, and 9 against City - during which Debuchy was injured for about 5.

Can't remember having a decent first half. We're just lucky tonight we appear to be playing the one team worse than us at finishing chances.
    Forum Member
    On the break again. This team doesn't learn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ just when you thought we couldn't defend any worse, hopeless
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ironic that a man called Immobile scored against our defence..
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    A joke.

Only solace is Anderlecht are winning. Which means second could be attainable.

*rolleyes*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This could end up being 5 or 6 again. Stunned that no lessons were learned from all of last year's big games.

And what the **** did he do in the dressing room at half time? Does he think this was working?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Game over :(
This discussion has been closed.