Why are most Daily Mail readers so bitter and twisted?

El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Most of them seem to have many issues. But has this grown from the paper or were they already like this? I guess the paper just makes them feel better as it shares their blinkered views? :confused:

Comments

• Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, not another one of these threads...
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question, calm down. Are you one of them perhaps? :D
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a few Daily Mail readers - they seem perfectly pleasant people with no particular agenda or axe to grind about anything. My dear old Mum (now no longer with us) read the Mail for years and she was neither bitter nor twisted, but then she said she only bought it for the crossword and wasn't interested in their politics.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    El Guapo wrote: »
    Most of them seem to have many issues. But has this grown from the paper or were they already like this? I guess the paper just makes them feel better as it shares their blinkered views? :confused:

...because we keep getting cr***ed on from a great height by successive governments...enough to make anyone bitter...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    ...because we keep getting cr***ed on from a great height by successive governments...enough to make anyone bitter...

Only if you read the DM and then become bitter. You are good example I guess. :D
  • Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with you and the Mail? Did one of its writers get the last jam doughnut ahead of you in the bakery or something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with you and the Mail? Did one of its writers get the last jam doughnut ahead of you in the bakery or something?

What are you on about? :rolleyes:
  • David SteinbergDavid Steinberg Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Given it's impossible for you to have done such a survey I don't believe you.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How spooky. I just came on to post a thread asking why most Daily Mail haters are bitter and twisted and have tiny penises. Does the smallness of the penis cause the resentment toward the DM do you think, or does a lifetime of hating the Daily Mail lead to a small penis?
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    How spooky. I just came on to post a thread asking why most Daily Mail haters are bitter and twisted and have tiny penises. Does the smallness of the penis cause the resentment toward the DM do you think, or does a lifetime of hating the Daily Mail lead to a small penis?

Good point:) With reagards to the OP it would seem very much a case of kettle pot and black;) Probably a session on a couch would help:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys guys it was just a question. If you feel so bitter about it do not reply as you are just strengthening my point really. :D
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as you're strengthening ours, so the universe is in perfect balance again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given it's impossible for you to have done such a survey I don't believe you.

The ones that I know and if you read the comments online as someone at work showed me. Just an observation. :D
  • Ocelot ThomasOcelot Thomas Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I think it is the fact you have generalised it, like ALL Daily Mail Newspaper fans have a 'bitter and twisted' streak in them, I am sure some do, just like any other Newspaper fan.

I have to say though, I am a 'News of The world' and 'The Sun' Tabloids man, so... this doesn't really concern me haha.
  • marclamarcla Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Least mail readers are Not as bad as the low life scum that read the York " de-press" and don't get me started about "people" who buy this tosh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member

You know most of them then? Perhaps you should consider changing your acquaintance group, to not have to be exposed to them.
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

Or to put it another way: why are so many new threads about the Daily Mail so loaded?

Given that the rule of thumb is 3 readers for every copy sold, that would give the Mail more than six million readers. So to claim they are all 'bitter and twisted' is something of a breathtaking and idiotic generalisation.

How about rephrasing your question to something like: why do more than six million people prefer to read the Mail?
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

NB Tell us a little bit about yourself, El Guapo: your age, your occupation, the class you assume you belong to, the level of education you achieved and the daily newspaper you choose to read. It might make illuminating reading.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    It's not the Daily Mail READERS who are bitter and twisted, but the Daily Mail WRITERS.

Most Daily Mail readers are probably (if I am generalising here) quite pleasant, conservative in their thinking (as well as politically in many cases), between 40 and 105 years old and uneasy about change. And the writers milk their concerns to the full, often to exploit their own twisted agenda.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the Daily Mail READERS who are bitter and twisted, but the Daily Mail WRITERS.

Most Daily Mail readers are probably (if I am generalising here) quite pleasant, conservative in their thinking (as well as politically in many cases), between 40 and 105 years old and uneasy about change. And the writers milk their concerns to the full, often to exploit their own twisted agenda.

Don't forget racist and homophobic as well! :D
    Forum Member
    Glad to see that I rebumped interest in this thread yet still, you lot are just going on about the same thing as before.

Your just going in circles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see that I rebumped interest in this thread yet still, you lot are just going on about the same thing as before.

Your just going in circles.

What are you going on about? :confused:
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member

Some years ago I worked on the Daily Mail "insert" line. This is a hotline set up for DM readers who didn't get a piece of rubbish that was meant to come out of the centre pages of the paper.

This job was complete hell, and I quickly realised how awful DM's readership was. They seemed to think they deserved a privileged life because they were conservative. Whilst they moaned excessively about the fact their DM magazine was missing they constantly explained that they were Tories and how these things shouldn't happen to them. Nasty nasty people.
    Forum Member
    What are you going on about? :confused:

i think that is our question to you really :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think that is our question to you really :D

No it was mine to you. :D