Got To Dance Series 4

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,981
    Forum Member
    Ashley's reaction the teacher telling him that he ran a dance school was absolutely priceless! :eek:
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    We'll be seeing those security guys on X Factor at this rate!! :D
    Forum Member
    I really don't like the home-VTs before we see them audition. More auditions and less chat, please!
    Mandark wrote: »
    We'll be seeing those security guys on X Factor at this rate!! :D

:D
    Forum Member
    I really don't get this...
    Forum Member
    Considering they're upping the standard, some very ordinary dancers are getting through and way too many kids.
    Forum Member
    Considering they're upping the standard, some very ordinary dancers are getting through and way too many kids.

I have to agree.
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Not really feeling the show this evening.
    Forum Member

Seconded!
    Forum Member
    Okay. So Rough Diamonds lifted the spirits. :D
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    Okay. So Rough Diamonds lifted the spirits. :D
    Rough Diamonds topped Antics as best street crew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I haven't been blown away yet, I hope they holding something special back before the end of the auditions. At this rate most of the semi finalists from last year will be kicking themselves and wishing they auditioned this year instead, most are easily better than anything I have seen so far
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    the best hip hop street dancers that I loved to watch was Pop C Diva J, Theo Godson and IMD
    Forum Member
    Rough Diamonds topped Antics as best street crew.
    Should correct myself - it's Ruff Diamonds!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought there were some better dancers in yesterdays show, but the style of the show itself is beginning to annoy me to the point of wanting to switch off. :( How much time was wasted on that guy who just turned up to win a bet for his kid that he would make £1,000,000? It wasn't even as if the bet had anything to do with Got To Dance itself, so what was the point? Honestly I love this show, but they are ruining it. :(
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Have to say not enjoying this series yet.

The problem for me is that there's not enough variety of dances/performances/artists on show so far, in fact last night was mainly dominated by this locking/popping/break dancing which is boring and repetitive.

And then you have this new guy on the panel which is already similar to Ashley without the articulacy and frankly I don't even know his qualifications nor his technical knowledge of dancing since he can't really express himself coherently.

They need to get Adam back with more money if poss & obviously more diverse type of talents.

To me perfect example of auditions -
    Prodijig-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItCJ-zY4SnY

A Team
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6hW-TxN54M

And who can forget Sweet Surpise -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeXdKzg5h_k
  • fatsifatsi Posts: 10,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Agree with all that.

Is Adam not being on this series a money thing though....I thought I read somewhere he was busy with other projects and couldn't fit it in...?

I can't watch this live soit gets recorded. I don't want to see the judges arriving and chatting. I don't want to see the contestants at home. I don't want to see Davina chatting to her make-up/hair stylist. I just want to see the auditions. And when they do show the auditions I don't want to see judges reactions throughout it let alone hear them, especially when Kimberly kept repeating "Whatever, whatever, whatever..!!" My daughter will watch and then only ff through the ad breaks. I watched both of Sunday nights episodes this morning..in about 25 mins.

And breathe!! Sorry, rant over :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatsi wrote: »
    Is Adam not being on this series a money thing though....I thought I read somewhere he was busy with other projects and couldn't fit it in...?

He was offered a part in 'Kiss Me Kate' which was too good an opportunity to pass up, as I understand it.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    He was offered a part in 'Kiss Me Kate' which was too good an opportunity to pass up, as I understand it.

He would have easily fitted GTD in as well. I can't believe that so many people buy that baloney.
    He was dropped to make way for Aston. The ratings went down last series and they obviously decided that they needed a new name to freshen things up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Aston to judge GTD, is like Ashley to judge the X Factor, makes no sense!
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    He would have easily fitted GTD in as well. I can't believe that so many people buy that baloney.
    He was dropped to make way for Aston. The ratings went down last series and they obviously decided that they needed a new name to freshen things up.

The auditions were filmed at just the time that Kiss Me Kate was in rehearsal so I don't see how he could have possibly been at both.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,135
    Forum Member
    Bump.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some interesting acts on tonight. Did I spot Holly from The Box in one of the all girl groups? She would be about the right age as The Box were in series 1 so 4 years ago
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freestyle is freaky. The one mother said it was the style but surely you don't need to look like something from a drag show in order to prove you can dance?

Saw D2D in the uncut show and though they were robbed of a place by Kimberly.
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm dreading watching Aston on the live shows, his comments are so samey. At the moment Kimberley is holding this show together, with Ashley chipping in when his speciality is shown. As Aston was on children's TV years ago, I presume he has a stage school background, but I could be wrong.
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some interesting acts on tonight. Did I spot Holly from The Box in one of the all girl groups? She would be about the right age as The Box were in series 1 so 4 years ago

I thought that! I said to my daughter, isn't that the little girl from The Box.

I can't really get into this series yet, I miss Adam, I like JLS, but I don't think Aston, brings anything to the table. We seem to miss some really good auditions, just to see the judges messing about back stage!