Options

100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Were any of his TV shows from the 80s that popular?

This is a 70's or 80's show.

I don't think they were. I was just asking if that was who he meant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    This was my first though too. But then i remembered the part about his movies flopping. And that he is Buzz Lightyear.
    It says MOST of his movies flopped, which they did. The 'not much of an actor' bit fits, as his show was basically an extension of his stand up routine. And the blonde groupie from Baywatch left this show - her breakout role - after just two seasons. For me, he fits far better than any of the Boston barflies/staff....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Coughs.

Mr Miami CSI.

Early co-star on the show got the boot, rumour said because she was too popular and he didn't like it. Official said she left to do other things.

NYPD Blue he thought he was the greatest thing, left for movies all of which went no where.

The article clearly says the show concerned was a sitcom, sorry...
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    #1: From Pop Bitch

Which member of the Harry Potter cast was recently overheard referring to one of their fellow former cast mates as "that c*nt"?

#2: From Crazy Days & Nights

When this former A+ list Country singer passes away, it won't just be his girlfriend and his ex-wife who show up with a claim to his estate. Apparently when our singer drank and he famously drank a lot, he also hooked up with guys and one of his steady hookups has a will signed by the singer.
  • Options
    fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    The Mail man from Queens?

Popular guess is Buzz Lightyear, I think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #1: From Pop Bitch

Which member of the Harry Potter cast was recently overheard referring to one of their fellow former cast mates as "that c*nt"?

When this former A+ list Country singer passes away, it won't just be his girlfriend and his ex-wife who show up with a claim to his estate. Apparently when our singer drank and he famously drank a lot, he also hooked up with guys and one of his steady hookups has a will signed by the singer.

Rumoured to be Harry's best friend, referring to the Brown University student.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Popular guess is Buzz Lightyear, I think?

:D - Yep. Way out as usual. Mind you, I've have never heard of the show, or him for that matter.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Cheers/CSI fits the blind personally. Apart from the 3 Men... franchise most of his other films have flopped. Plus there's the part where it mentions being 'progressive'.

I doubt toolman even knows what progressive means! :D
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look online you'll find that Diane was not popular on Cheers and left after 5 years. TBH it's not a pleasant thought as I've always had a soft spot for her. Who else has been the lead on a mega sitcom?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Looks like Buzz to me too, But did his show have enough people 'getting lines'? They always had famous people from their fields in the show, And Toy Story is huge.

But the not having a platform any more suggests ex stand up comedian, Which fits.
  • Options
    soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Rumoured to be Harry's best friend, referring to the Brown University student.

I think it has long been an open secret that Lightening Boy and Ginga like each other about as much as a dose of syphilis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    I think it has long been an open secret that Lightening Boy and Ginga like each other about as much as a dose of syphilis.

Ohhh, I never heard that before! I was meaning the redhead and the girl from the franchise. Oops, lol.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does this suggest that he is elderly now? I can come up with a few big, elderly Country names but they all currently have wives as opposed to girlfriends.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I think the operative word in that blind is 'tool', e.g. Tool Time
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Does this suggest that he is elderly now? I can come up with a few big, elderly Country names but they all currently have wives as opposed to girlfriends.

Ditto, the two I came up with off the top of my head don't fit. One had a song written by him by Sugarland and described him as "had lots of wives, about as many as cats have lives" and the other is married and is more famous for smoking than drinking.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popular guess is a guy who's in a bad way who'll be praying it doesn't come out forever and ever, amen.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    Popular guess is a guy who's in a bad way who'll be praying it doesn't come out forever and ever, amen.

Any other clues? :blush:
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhh, I never heard that before! I was meaning the redhead and the girl from the franchise. Oops, lol.

I haven't heard that, either; I think Redhead and Scarhead are all right with one another -- not BFFs, but friendly enough acquaintances. Assuming the BI is about one of the main trio (though it's probably about some random Hufflepuff extra), then I can only think of it being said in reference to Leviosa. I don't think either of them are that keen on her (esp as you said Redhead -- there was an interview not so long ago that alluded to their non-existent friendship).
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    The country singer is someone who has health issues and possibly a stroke recently, As i have never heard of him it is hard to give clues
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »

Second name is the Why does it always rain on me band. First name rhymes with Mandy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »

If I am getting it correctly, his first name is the same as a judge who used to be on the panal of American X Factore, and is also the name of one of the Jacksons. His last name is also the name of a Scottish band.

Edit - :blush: A bit slow in my reply. FilliA got there first. :)
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    I haven't heard that, either; I think Redhead and Scarhead are all right with one another -- not BFFs, but friendly enough acquaintances. Assuming the BI is about one of the main trio (though it's probably about some random Hufflepuff extra), then I can only think of it being said in reference to Leviosa. I don't think either of them are that keen on her (esp as you said Redhead -- there was an interview not so long ago that alluded to their non-existent friendship).

I heard from someone who worked on the films that all three were generally very nice but she could occasionally be difficult, wouldn't be surprised if the boys tired of it after a decade.

Then again it sounds more like something Slytherin boy would say to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    About the Harry Potter blind,

It wasn't Weasley about Granger but Potter about Granger. He was always very jealous of the fact Granger couldn't do any wrong with the media and the fans while he was the one led out for criticism. It all had to do with his own attitude though, he thought he was the better actor and the better person of the two. They clashed all the time on set. Granger was always the type who wouldn't shout at someone unless they shouted at her first, you had to goad her into an argument an Potter did it on a daily basis to try and make her look the bitch. It never worked because people knew what he was like.

There was a lot to be said for the fact that on the final movie a lot of the cast and runners used to enjoy the days when they didn't have scenes with Potter. Granger and Weasley were completely fed up of him by then and would often avoid him by sharing a trailer and retreating there between takes while Potter would go off on the war path with people because he didn't have this or didn't get that.

None of the trio talk to one another these days though. They haven't for at least two years. Potter went to Weasley's play once but was snubbed by him when Weasley decided he'd rather hang out with his own mates. Weasley and Malfoy are good friends but there was never a problem between Weasley and Granger. The problem was always between Granger and Potter because Potter thought he was a class above the rest both professionally and privately.

I have only ever heard good things from the set about Granger and Weasley actually, sure Granger had her off days but she was a teenage girl growing up through puberty. On the whole though they were very popular on set, Potter wasn't. It only got worse when he started on the muggle firewhiskey.

It was no coincidence that when they actors were asked to provide their voices for a new thing at the HP theme park only one wasn't asked because they knew he'd refuse, Potter. Granger wanted to but had other commitments at the time of recording and the others all made it.

The HP set was always a strange place to be. The trio were made out in the media to be very close but they never were because of Potter's attitude. He's lucky his acting improved because if it hadn't he'd have been in the gutter by now. He's not a popular boy by any means. I'm sure he'll be furious about Granger's new role with the UN.
  • Options
    pixiepiepixiepie Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About the Harry Potter blind,

It wasn't Weasley about Granger but Potter about Granger. He was always very jealous of the fact Granger couldn't do any wrong with the media and the fans while he was the one led out for criticism. It all had to do with his own attitude though, he thought he was the better actor and the better person of the two. They clashed all the time on set. Granger was always the type who wouldn't shout at someone unless they shouted at her first, you had to goad her into an argument an Potter did it on a daily basis to try and make her look the bitch. It never worked because people knew what he was like.

There was a lot to be said for the fact that on the final movie a lot of the cast and runners used to enjoy the days when they didn't have scenes with Potter. Granger and Weasley were completely fed up of him by then and would often avoid him by sharing a trailer and retreating there between takes while Potter would go off on the war path with people because he didn't have this or didn't get that.

None of the trio talk to one another these days though. They haven't for at least two years. Potter went to Weasley's play once but was snubbed by him when Weasley decided he'd rather hang out with his own mates. Weasley and Malfoy are good friends but there was never a problem between Weasley and Granger. The problem was always between Granger and Potter because Potter thought he was a class above the rest both professionally and privately.

I have only ever heard good things from the set about Granger and Weasley actually, sure Granger had her off days but she was a teenage girl growing up through puberty. On the whole though they were very popular on set, Potter wasn't. It only got worse when he started on the muggle firewhiskey.

It was no coincidence that when they actors were asked to provide their voices for a new thing at the HP theme park only one wasn't asked because they knew he'd refuse, Potter. Granger wanted to but had other commitments at the time of recording and the others all made it.

The HP set was always a strange place to be. The trio were made out in the media to be very close but they never were because of Potter's attitude. He's lucky his acting improved because if it hadn't he'd have been in the gutter by now. He's not a popular boy by any means. I'm sure he'll be furious about Granger's new role with the UN.

Really?:confused:
    I don't know about his popularity but I'm pretty sure Ive read interviews with both Potter and Granger where they said they keep in touch more with each other than they do with Weasley.

That said I don't think any of the three are particularly close but it doesn't strike me that there's any beef between them.
    Also it was always noted that Granger and Potter came from similar backgrounds and I remember a member of production or someone saying they had a bond because of that.

I'd say they blind isn't about the main trio or if it is probably only one of them.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's interesting, because it ties in with the interview I read (the one I mentioned a post up, but I misremembered and thought it was Weasley not Potter): Potter said he hadn't seen her in a long, long time, which sounded quite ominous. However, he's met up with Weasley recently because they were together for a theatre awards do.

AFAIK, Granger and Potter were really close during PoA/GoF, but it seems to have fell away during the latter films judging from their interviews. I'm surprised you say it's Potter who's the stuck-up problem-causing one, though, as that's usually the criticism levelled at her.

It only got worse when he started on the muggle firewhiskey.

I've only just now read the following BI from CDAN where he's one of the popular guesses. I really hope it isn't the case, but it might go some way to explaining his behaviour:

"It probably was not the best idea to have this B list mostly movie actor and his delicate sobriety to star in a film with this B list mostly movie actress big drinker. The two have been partying a lot together. The actor's girlfriend says the actor has stopped coming home at night too."
This discussion has been closed.