Options

BBC red button during Spain v Holland

mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else loose the signal when trying to access the red button commentary from the text menu?

Comments

• Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pressed the red button during the first half to try the Scott Mills commentary but it just hung on the loading screen for a good 30 secs. So I hit the Sky button and backed out of it
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right so not a specific freesat problem then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Right so not a specific freesat problem then.

that was my point
  • Options
    freaky_fridayfreaky_friday Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I've been having the same problem during coverage of Queen tennis this week. Pressed the red button, go to tennis coverage, press "ok" and the screen went black.
    No suggestions, but I can offer my sympathies!
  • Options
    adman50adman50 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    I did a re scan of freesat channels and that fixed it for me.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adman50 wrote: »
    I did a re scan of freesat channels and that fixed it for me.

BBC RB1 changed transponders a few days ago. Freesat boxes should have updated automatically.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried again tonight in the England match and got
    The bbc interactive service is currently unavailable please try again layer

To exit press back up

Error code C501-U72-1970

Google shows an historic problem with this code
  • Options
    JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    BBC RB1 changed transponders a few days ago. Freesat boxes should have updated automatically.

Unless it's an old original Bush, like mine, and you have to do a "New Install".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I keep losing signal periodically from this transponder (11.464H) where the RB streams come from. Goes from full quality signal to zero and back again.

Have a twin LNB feeding a Humax Freetime box and an FTA receiver. Both boxes affected. Other channels and transponders are fine.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep losing signal periodically from this transponder (11.464H) where the RB streams come from. Goes from full quality signal to zero and back again.

Have a twin LNB feeding a Humax Freetime box and an FTA receiver. Both boxes affected. Other channels and transponders are fine.

do you have freeview? If so BBC RB 1 is on BBC A mux on freeview channel 301 as a backup, you should get that with freeview lite too!

tbh im surprised though that the signal is bad, as unless you live abroad, this tp is on a UK spot beam, so should be a good signal for UK and Irish viewers!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    do you have freeview? If so BBC RB 1 is on BBC A mux on freeview channel 301 as a backup, you should get that with freeview lite too!

tbh im surprised though that the signal is bad, as unless you live abroad, this tp is on a UK spot beam, so should be a good signal for UK and Irish viewers!

Apologies, should have said I'm currently at my Mum & Dad's house in Co. Mayo in the west of ireland. No problems at my home address (Louth).

Transponder is fine at the moment. Humax box indicating full signal for both strength & quality.

When it wasn't working last night, I checked an adjacent tp (11.582H, Heart & Capital TV are on it), and it was fine. Puzzled as to why the transponder with the RB streams is dropping from full to zero strength.