Who are all these people voting for the little boy contestants?

MollieMMollieM Posts: 125
Forum Member
OK, I'm not having a go - I genuinely wonder who it is voting for the young boys every time? Is it mothers, little girls? I don't get it as they are not particularly appealing to look at (not being nasty - they are pleasant but not what I would call exciting or cute/sweet) and the singing certainly ain't great IMHO.

Eoghan is 12 months away from outgrowing the little boy look but Cowell picks them out every year - he knows they will do well for him, so there is definitely a market for their 'music'.

But who are these people?

Comments

• catslovelycatscatslovelycats Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    little girls
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    misguided fools.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teenage girls.

Girls at my school love him. :yawn:
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grannies and mummies all over the age of 40 a bit like last year with Leon, who was even more over-rated than Laura. No wonder Mr Cowell said Leon won't be as big as Leona. Me thinks he'll go the way of Michelle McManus.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Teenage girls.

Girls at my school love him. :yawn:

That's about right :yawn:
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he gets the mums and girls vote. My mum and my little sister both like him.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I think he gets the mums and girls vote. My mum and my little sister both like him.

Me mum doesn't like him, she is like me, said he is nice kid, but can't really sing. Me mum likes Alex and Rachel, she wants one of them two win, bless her :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Little girls who've just discovered boys.

The little girl voting demographic is the key. They're the ones that really will sit with the phone on re-dial all night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    26 year old, male, gay, accountants ... like me? :)

So which box of "little girl", "grannies/mothers" does this put me in??
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grannies and mummies all over the age of 40 a bit like last year with Leon, who was even more over-rated than Laura. No wonder Mr Cowell said Leon won't be as big as Leona. Me thinks he'll go the way of Michelle McManus.

I absolutely love Leon's voice and I voted for him and have bought his album, which is the best album I've bought in a very long time. But I think Eoghan is very average and has no appeal to me whatsoever.

It's too bad that people are judging Leon on ONE shaky performance on the X factor instead of listening to his new material. If Mariah Carey was being judged on last night's performance she certainly wouldn't be the top selling female artist of all time either.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love Leon's voice and I voted for him and have bought his album, which is the best album I've bought in a very long time. But I think Eoghan is very average and has no appeal to me whatsoever.

It's too bad that people are judging Leon on ONE shaky performance on the X factor instead of listening to his new material. If Mariah Carey was being judged on last night's performance she certainly wouldn't be the top selling female artist of all time either.
    What she said.
  • HelbrownHelbrown Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Leon has never performed on the X Factor without being shaky. I will agree that he is slightly less nauseating than Eoghan, but it's still the same market. Its's the same sort of people who voted for Gareth Gates, Shayne, Leon and now him.

Looks and Aaah factor (ideally with sob story) first.

Voice second, if at all...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Glitter? :D
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I honestly believe that deaf people vote for them and Eggnog in particular. I mean, anyone who can hear can tell he can barely stay in tune
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My teenage daughter!:D

Not me:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Glitter? :D

^^ thats disgusting! lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought the teenage girls would prefer JLS more ?

I mean they are much better looking then Owen ( cannot spell his name )

Owen is my age and i do not find him attractive at all.
  • macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina_UK wrote: »
    ^^ thats disgusting! lol :D

That reminds me about a text I got :D

Dear Jonathan Ross
    I sha@@ed your daughter. Who's laughing now?
    Gary Glitter
    X
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbrown wrote: »
    Leon has never performed on the X Factor without being shaky. I will agree that he is slightly less nauseating than Eoghan, but it's still the same market. Its's the same sort of people who voted for Gareth Gates, Shayne, Leon and now him.

Looks and Aaah factor (ideally with sob story) first.

Voice second, if at all...

I beg to differ - He had a couple of underpar performances on the live shows last year but most of them were good thinking specifically of You Don't Know Me, Home, Fly Me to the Moon, Relight My Fire, Crazy Little thing Called Love, and all his performances in the final . I did like his personality too but it was the voice that did it for me.

If you actually reviewed his performances last year now you might see that he was better than you might remember. The problem was that he suffered at the time,from the note perfect comparisons with Rhydian. Compared to most of them last night, Leon was an absolute star.

I voted for Rowetta series 1.Maria Lawson series 2 (and Shayne in the final but have never bought any of his music) and Ashley and Eton Rd in series 3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macca@90 wrote: »
    That reminds me about a text I got :D

Dear Jonathan Ross
    I sha@@ed your daughter. Who's laughing now?
    Gary Glitter
    X

Brilliant :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh come on give him some credit, he's better than Leon. And he doesn't cry all the time, which I respect. Same votership though. If he wins, he'll find they've all gone awol by the time his album comes out.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title of the thread suggests that it's all little boys who are left. There is only one left of three, yet there is still an older woman who sang out of tune and an older man who has the charisma of a bath sponge. Lots of people vote for lots of reasons and if little girls want to vote for the boy they'd like to have as a poster on their walls, then it's up to them. The music business is not all about vocal either.

I'd also say that just because they are young, male and good looking with girls fancying them doesn't mean they can't sing. I think Eoghan is weak, and Leon was dreadful, but both Gareth Gates and Shayne Ward were good. Perhaps not to your taste, but good.

I actually think that being a young, good looking male carries its own prejudice in terms of votes. People don't want to admit to backing one of them in case they get called a stupid girl or hormonal woman or whatever. I'm sure that's why Austen went before he deserved to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well it doesnt matter if he cant sing...hes cute!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    The title of the thread suggests that it's all little boys who are left. There is only one left of three, yet there is still an older woman who sang out of tune and an older man who has the charisma of a bath sponge. Lots of people vote for lots of reasons and if little girls want to vote for the boy they'd like to have as a poster on their walls, then it's up to them. The music business is not all about vocal either.

I'd also say that just because they are young, male and good looking with girls fancying them doesn't mean they can't sing. I think Eoghan is weak, and Leon was dreadful, but both Gareth Gates and Shayne Ward were good. Perhaps not to your taste, but good.

I actually think that being a young, good looking male carries its own prejudice in terms of votes. People don't want to admit to backing one of them in case they get called a stupid girl or hormonal woman or whatever. I'm sure that's why Austen went before he deserved to.

That's very subjective. Gareth put in some good performances towards the end, but his early stuff on PI was distinctly shaky. In those days the viewers allowed people a bit of leeway and time to grow as a performer. it was all about finding a raw talent, not being professional from the word go. Somewhere along the line it's become about being professional and delivering on every occasion.

Personally I still vote for raw talent and go for the voices I like the most, not necessarily the most professional. eg I've voted for Ruth (pre Purple Rain) not so much about the voice, but because of her passion and Rachel because I like the voice when she does it right.
  • MollieMMollieM Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    The title of the thread suggests that it's all little boys who are left. There is only one left of three, yet there is still an older woman who sang out of tune and an older man who has the charisma of a bath sponge.

No, I know.........I was referring to contestants from previous series such as Ray. There always seems to be one. I wasn't suggesting there were lots in this series.