Options

Sam Bailey attacks The X Factor

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    If so I think she may be regretting that after the Beyonce tour promise - that is probably worth being tied to Syco for a year, really.

She needs to win, take the limelight for a year and run with it the the best she can. She has been waiting 20 years for this opportunity and quite frankly she is not going to get a better offer!
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty spot on.

But, couldn't she have waited until AFTER the final to say this...
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Pretty spot on.

But, couldn't she have waited until AFTER the final to say this...

Exactly.

And I'm not sure why she's criticising it now - it's always been the case that some pub singers are better than The X Factor finalists, even in the 'glory years'. If she didn't like that then she shouldn't have entered.
  • Options
    dvfan1dvfan1 Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I suspect she didn't know she was talking to a reporter. Same thinh happened to Tesco Mary in the bar area where friends and family gather.
    They don't let on they are a reporter and try and get you to say something and then take it out of context.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course though the trick is not give them the opportunity.

?
    Absolutely, although these articles should always be read with an open mind.
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as Sam B is right, the timing of this article seems a little suspect to me!

I just don't get why all of a sudden this has been pushed out on the eve of the final!

Its almost as if people are trying to scupper Sams chances of winning!

The bookies odds see Nicholas's odds shortening and Sams drifting so it all seems a bit strange!
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If The Mail quoted 'sources' saying this I'd dismiss it out of hand. As it directly quotes her I think she said every word. Of course what we don't know is the tone - she could have been saying it sarcastically because of the complaints this year about the standard of talent.

I'm sure the producers care though - the last thing the show needs is criticism at this level considering the ratings are much lower than they have been in the past.

You're very naive if you think tabloids never mess with people's quotes or even completely make them up when they can get away with it. It's not like Sam is going to bother suing them over something like this.

But if she did say this, nothing really wrong with what she is saying - she isn't attacking her competitors. It is a little disrespectful to slam the show that has changed your life, but I suppose she didn't know who she was talking to a journalist.

I reckon a lot of the contestants know deep down how manipulated the show is, and they just hope it will be in their favour. They can't all just think it's a straight talent competition. I remember Carolynne Poole hinting after she was eliminated that she knew she was playing with fire going on the show.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    I agree with her, but probably not the best idea to attack the show she's currently competing in!

Likewise. I think she's got a fair point, but skurely it's more sensible to keep shut until it's over.
  • Options
    tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    While I have no probelm with anything in the article it is in the Daily Mail. The press in the UK are in the main utter scum and the worst of the lot are the Daily Mail with their constant lying, twisting and manipulating of their readers to appeal to their sense of moral outrage. Basically don't believe anything you see written in that rag!
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her. it's about time someone said this about what is a farce of a show anyway.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    tiggerspp wrote: »
    While I have no probelm with anything in the article it is in the Daily Mail. The press in the UK are in the main utter scum and the worst of the lot are the Daily Mail with their constant lying, twisting and manipulating of their readers to appeal to their sense of moral outrage. Basically don't believe anything you see written in that rag!
    I despise that rag and wouldn't wipe my bum with it. They are quoting directly though, although they may have twisted Sam's words.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    I despise that rag and wouldn't wipe my bum with it. They are quoting directly though, although they may have twisted Sam's words.

It won't be the first time they have misquoted someone, not by a long chalk.

If Sam said it exactly as quoted I actually agree with her, but I will bet an awful lot of money she didn't.
  • Options
    TutunkaTutunka Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its in almost every single newspaper. The Star, Mirror and Daily Mail, probably in the others too...
  • Options
    InsomniacParadeInsomniacParade Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her. it's about time someone said this about what is a farce of a show anyway.

Maybe someone needed to say it, actually many people have. What we don't need is the person who is about to benefit massively from the farce acting high and mighty. It is akin to Lance Armstrong saying that drugs have made professional cycling a farce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is akin to Lance Armstrong saying that drugs have made professional cycling a farce.

Slight perspective check required here I think :D
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL this woman is delusional.

She'll be dropped by next year anyway. Give us that 80's covers album Sam!
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true, I agree, but for her to say it she's biting the hand that feeds her and comes off as a snotty and ungrateful cow.

When did being a good sport and presenting yourself with a bit of humility go so out of fashion? :(
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam's gone one better than all past winners: she's managed to diss XF before being voted off. I wonder if she'll use twitter today to plead her case directly to fans before the vote continues this evening?
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    Everything she said was true.

Look at how talentless everyone is this year.
    Re the 'sob story' thing she said people get through on, I've not heard any sob story from Nicholas or from Luke!!
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope Nicholas's fans or the people who live in Scotland see this!!!
  • Options
    bogsterbogster Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Maybe she realizes winning isn't the best course of action?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re the 'sob story' thing she said people get through on, I've not heard any sob story from Nicholas or from Luke!!

So Nicholas might die at any moment isn't a sob story?
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    So Nicholas might die at any moment isn't a sob story?

He didn't want to speak of it and told production that.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    He didn't want to speak of it and told production that.

But it still made headline news somehow - hmmmm