Options

Something wrong with the car or my driving?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes my MG wouldn't go into reverse - the gear lever had been in the right place (pushed down to select reverse, and under 5th gear) and everything but it just wouldn't reverse. Had to get the clutch to the bite point and de-select and re-select reverse and it'd be fine, but didn't happen all the time.
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the shifter linkage is right under the gear stick, still inside the cabin.....hidden by plastic. I saw one man showing this on a 1.4 diesel fiesta of same generation and how it would stick in gear. Theres a bunch of levers and stuff hidden inside the plastic housing and all he did was to clean and oil the bits which solved it.
  • Options
    oldcrakpotoldcrakpot Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Hi

I had this problem with an old Land Rover the rear brakes locked when in reverse it needed a little filing down of the brake shoe edges to clear the problem
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep an eye on what though?
    You asked if it was the car or your driving.
    The car appears to be ok, so ....... who's keeping an eye on you? :)

Appears being the operative word.

Do you get paid to be a douchebag?
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 2001 fiesta is sometimes akward to reverse, sometimes you have to select reverse, deselect reverse and select reverse again before it engages. Ive had a 1994 fiesta, a 1996 fiesta and 1999 focus that were all the same. I know its not my driving because I never had a issue with the Peugeot or BMW I owned.

The steering has never gone stiff or locked up on any of them unless I stalled the car.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    Appears being the operative word.

Do you get paid to be a douchebag?

Shouldn't you be out learning how to reverse by yourself?