Clips of Best/Worst Strictly Dances Over the Years

Comments

• Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    And one case of non-trad music that worked.

They just looked the part completely. It sort of transcended the contest, into a real dance couple dancing it.

It did. They were so 'in the moment' it was almost like as viewers we were intruding on something intimate. Ramps as a 'gaucho' was amazing.

I shall never forget that year. It was a brilliant year on DS too, especially in the Ramps thread. We were a little (ahem!) 'raucous' at times, but it was hilarious and I loved it.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    cherry pip wrote: »

Still, after all these years, makes me giggle like an idiot :D what were they thinking!
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So, so bad but so, so funny.

Though I think I've found a dance that probably nobody on here likes.. I give you THE VODERUMBA (note: proceed with caution)

For best dances? Hmm... my favourites that come to mind would be Jill and Darren's Jive, Tom and Camilla's showdance,Harry and Aliona's Quickstep and Natalie and Artem's American Smooth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    So, so bad but so, so funny.

Though I think I've found a dance that probably nobody on here likes.. I give you THE VODERUMBA (note: proceed with caution)

I should not have watched that before bed. I'm now going to have nightmares about camel coloured stretch polyester and Vorderumba simultaneously squatting and giving sex face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Since so many people have already linked to my favourites I shall gift the forum with Rachel Riley's malfunctioning sex robot paso. It says on the BBC website that one of Pasha's hobbies is building computers. Sadly this paso, and the hindsight knowledge that Rachel Riley's performance in it probably got him going, makes me think that the kind of computers he actually likes making are Real Doll style androids for kinky, adult fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GN3pTNzIAQ
  • nellieknelliek Posts: 10,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Maybe not the right place, but my gawd that shows how naff the AT has been danced this year.
    I measure all ATs against Ramps' and Karen's - and most of them I find wanting.
    One of the all-time great television moments. Even the camerawork was good.
    Rob Brydon's face just sums it all up.
    Quite agree.
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    I wasn't going to go that far, scared of incurring some members objection to such a statement, but yeah best AT ever, no argument.

But then they were my favouritist couple ever on SCD, ever.
    To quote Karen at the end of the dance - 'Oh yes!' :D
    I could have qualified it with 'in light entertainment' but I can honestly remember every moment of watching it at the time, and anything that makes that impact has to be something special.;-)
    Eight years on, I think most of us remember almost every second of that dance.
    And taking at least two minutes to pick our jaws up off the floor at the end of it. :D
    Yeah, me too. It was moody, evocative and sublime. The fact that I was 'quite' enamoured with Ramps (ahem!) is neither here nor there! :)
    I know that you weren't the only one!
    And one case of non-trad music that worked.

They just looked the part completely. It sort of transcended the contest, into a real dance couple dancing it.
    Totally agree.
    It did. They were so 'in the moment' it was almost like as viewers we were intruding on something intimate. Ramps as a 'gaucho' was amazing.

I shall never forget that year. It was a brilliant year on DS too, especially in the Ramps thread. We were a little (ahem!) 'raucous' at times, but it was hilarious and I loved it.
    Ah, the days of the 'Rampants'. :D
    I nearly fell out with a friend who's a big Surrey supporter when he invited Mark Butcher to his wedding anniversary party but not Ramps. :(
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So THAT'S where the producers got the idea for Mark's Superman Paso!

Whoever made that video should be ashamed of themselves :D

That's Batman :D

Think they got the Superman idea here - not the clearest clip sure there was a better one before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5kDLJG6aL0
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad to see Zoe's tango on there now, for ages you could only get the tour version.

The bit at the end when Ian chucked her on the deck reminds me of the end position on Torvill and Dean's Paso on ice from 1984.
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member

Oh, how I loved Zoe and Ian's tango! Gorgeous dress, great routine, fabulous!
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, how I loved Zoe and Ian's tango! Gorgeous dress, great routine, fabulous!

It's my favourite ever scd routine,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    That's Batman :D

Well, obviously they couldn't outright copy the directors Christopher Parker Batman edit, they'd have to change it a bit, right? Integrity and all that jazz...
    wazzyboy wrote: »

... nope. Apparently they wouldn't.

:D
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    American Smooth
    Best- Kara & Artem (Season 8)
    Worst- Dave & Karen (season 11)

Argentine Tango
    Best- Mark & Karen (Season 4)
    Worst- Jake & Janette (Season 12)

Cha Cha
    Best- Natalie and Artem (Season 11)
    Worst- Quentin and Hazel (Season 2)

Charleston
    Best- Sophie and Brendan (Season 11)
    Worst- Gregg and Aliona (Season 12)

Foxtrot
    Best- Rachel and Vincent (Season 6)
    Worst- Ann and Anton (Season 8)

Jive
    Best- Jill and Darren (Season 2)
    Worst- Gary and Karen (Season 6)

Paso Doble
    Best- Austin and Erin (Season 6)
    Worst- Dave and Karen (Season 11) (Honourable mention to Chris and Hanna (Season 1) but at least that made me laugh)

Quickstep
    Best- Denise and Ian (Season 2) AND Pixie and Trent (Season 12)
    Worst- Kate and Anton (Season 5)

Rumba
    Best- Kara & Artem (Season 8)
    Worst- Georgina & James (Season 4)

Salsa
    Best- Mark & Karen (Season 4)
    Worst- Nancy & Anton (Season 9)

Samba
    Best- Zoe & Ian (Season 3)
    Worst- Chris & Hanna (Season 1)

Tango
    Best- Zoe & Ian (Season 3)
    Worst- Diarmuid & Nicole (Season 2) AND Scott & Joanne AND Alison & Aljaz (both Season 12)

Viennese Waltz
    Best- Ali & Brian (Season 7)
    Worst- Jo & Brendan (Season 7)

Waltz
    Best- Abbey & Aljaz (Season 11)
    Worst- Nancy & Anton (Season 9)

Freestyle
    Best- Tom & Camilla (Season 6)
    Worst- Lisa & Brendan (Season 6)

(Could find clips for them all but best bet is Youtube cos it would take me a year!) XD
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What stood out for me in your list of 'worsts' Dama, was that Ann and Anton only got the one mention :D

My clip is from enough years ago to be able to laugh at without being overly cruel.

The things people do to avoid dancing a rumba ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8-KJRPW4oA
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I nominate this gem as the worst ever pro dance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsb4hnvA62w
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What stood out for me in your list of 'worsts' Dama, was that Ann and Anton only got the one mention :D

My clip is from enough years ago to be able to laugh at without being overly cruel.

The things people do to avoid dancing a rumba ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8-KJRPW4oA

Ann and Anton often made me laugh, and were always equal in terribleness to someone who was actually trying to do a serious dance! XD
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Zoe and Ian's tango is the best dance ever !! It disappeared from youtube for ages so I'm extremely glad to see a good version back ! Thank you.

PS. That fantastic black dress was also one of the best ever.
  • anne16anne16 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Ali Bastian and Brian Fortuna,they should have got to the final in season 9. Just re watched some of their dances and she was a great dancer. Their Viennese Waltz in Blackpool was spectacular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since so many people have already linked to my favourites I shall gift the forum with Rachel Riley's malfunctioning sex robot paso. It says on the BBC website that one of Pasha's hobbies is building computers. Sadly this paso, and the hindsight knowledge that Rachel Riley's performance in it probably got him going, makes me think that the kind of computers he actually likes making are Real Doll style androids for kinky, adult fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GN3pTNzIAQ

The best part of the Rachel Riley story was how she was up there as a bookie's favourite when the line up was announced! :o
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best : Kara and Artems Rumba , the first one in the pink dress was simply stunning

Worst : any dance the Anne Widdcome appeared in ( shudder )
  • MirlitonMirliton Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I remember this Foxtrot from, ooh... 2008 ?

Guest professionals Timothy Howson and Joanne Bolton I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy6MEDVJ2S4
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really need to re-find the thread of comments for that one :D
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    My favourite set of semi final performances. The fantastic contrast of a stunningly romantic Waltz and a sizzling Argentinian Tango. I think they both felt they were going home that night and danced each dance as if it were their last.

Ricky and Natalie - Semi Final Waltz

Ricky and Natalie - Semi Final Argentinian Tango

At the end of their AT the genuine shock on Natalie's face when they got a SO reminded me of the days when a SO only happened when the dance was truly stunning!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not saying it's one of the best, but it was one of my favourites...

Harry and Aliona's Tango -

I'm too old (and too alt.snobby) to have gotten into McFly, so I had only the vaguest idea of who Harry was and this was the first time I actually noticed him. It was slated by the judges for being too much out of hold, but it's a great example of Aliona's batshit-in-a-good-way choreo (sadly missed now she's languishing in Duffersville) and it was Halloween anyway, when half the rule book goes out of the window

One of *very* few dances that wasn't completely ruined by a theme! And just in case a producer is actually reading this - look how much better a performance is when the celeb actually likes (or heck, even recognises) their assigned music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L64-1I0lNw
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [Eight years on, I think most of us remember almost every second of that dance.
    And taking at least two minutes to pick our jaws up off the floor at the end of it.]

That's what I totally miss with most contestants, especially male, and especially more in recent years now SCD is a 'job'. I never miss ability, that is always there. But charisma. :( Austin was the closest but I think now looking back, Mark encapsulates the total SCD journey package completely. They hype up 'journeys' but his was the real deal, with highs, dramas, elation, difficulties and lows and eventual triumph. SCD was't just something that a celeb did with him, you really felt the thing mattered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3yj4E5iXOY

Paso in Week 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nmul1kQU4Y

Unlikely song but magic. Probably get 40 now!
  • streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    I really need to re-find the thread of comments for that one :D

Just for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZ0nOmfWwY

It's that vid though.

:o:D