Eilleens poor attempts at creating stories for herself

Comments

• trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    She is old compared to them :confused: Why can't she accept that. Kieran was talking to her about sleep and said that he thought as you got older you needed less sleep which is actually true.

I'd prefer her to just laugh off any crass comments she gets about age instead of acting like it's the latest issue that needs to be dwelt on and argued out.
  • paperdreamspaperdreams Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She grates on me.

I don't find her very genuine at all, I think she's trying too hard to appear entertaining and instead she seems false and a bit cringeworthy.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Being an 'older' person myself I feel I should be able to identify or sympathise with her. I find I simply can't I think she tries too hard to be cookie and she just looks beyond ridiculous. I!m often acutely embarrassed for her.
  • Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being an 'older' person myself I feel I should be able to identify or sympathise with her. I find I simply can't I think she tries too hard to be cookie and she just looks beyond ridiculous. I!m often acutely embarrassed for her.

Nice to see it's not just us "younger" people who are singing from that sheet :p
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    i really don't like Eileen. No idea why people do. She's quite aggressive and rude.

I think she's extremely assertive rather than aggressive. Almost coldly so at times. I'd find it quite intimidating I think. But I also kind of admire someone who can assertively tell someone to "butt out" without either losing her temper or allowing them to tread on her turf. And then when it's done, it's done. No hard feelings. She has quite good emotional intelligence compared to the others IMO.

She's much tougher than she first appears. I think that contradicts her dizziness and can seem quite paradoxical.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is old compared to them :confused: Why can't she accept that. Kieran was talking to her about sleep and said that he thought as you got older you needed less sleep which is actually true.

I'd prefer her to just laugh off any crass comments she gets about age instead of acting like it's the latest issue that needs to be dwelt on and argued out.

You're talking about someone who has had countless cosmetic procedures done, presumably in an effort to remain youthful in appearance, or possibly to help her forget that she's getting older every day.
  • keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She received many nominations last week citing her age so I think she was right to pull him up on it and quash the idea that they can keep using 'worrying about keeping her awake because she's old' as a reason to nom her.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's extremely assertive rather than aggressive. Almost coldly so at times. I'd find it quite intimidating I think. But I also kind of admire someone who can assertively tell someone to "butt out" without either losing her temper or allowing them to tread on her turf. And then when it's done, it's done. No hard feelings. She has quite good emotional intelligence compared to the others IMO.

She's much tougher than she first appears. I think that contradicts her dizziness and can seem quite paradoxical.

Her "dizziness" is put on, that's why.

She knows exactly who she is targeting and when she's called out on it she goes into "aggressive" mode.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm torn with Eileen ,sometimes i don't mind her and others she gets right on my wick ,,but she did well to tell Sarah to butt out .

Sarah made herself look stupid in that conversation by trying to insist she wasn't backing Kieran when that's exactly what she was doing and when Eileen rightly pointed this out to her ,she then stropped off like a teenager muttering as she went out the door
  • StigofthedumpStigofthedump Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Eileen just wanted to get something off her chest and that was that she is NOT old, because old people are offensive and Eileen is not one of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    my interpretation is that eileen was making it very clear to everyone albeit in a roundabout way ,that her age shouldnt be used as a reason for nominating her.
  • LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Eileen would just go to sleep and wake up for her eviction. To young people she is old She needs to accept she is not a twenty year old.
  • lee_mcclearylee_mccleary Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel sorry for her, cant be easy being 50 in that house. Dunno why they put older people in there unless they put a few in n makw it more even!
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Whether he said more or less is irrelevant. The point was about talking to Eileen as though she's just her age rather than as a person.
    Some are saying that she was rude and aggressive. She didn't come across that way at all to me. She wanted to get something off her chest, and did what people on here say housemates should do, approach the person and just let them know.
    She wasn't aggressive, she was calm, didn't lose her temper, and didn't start shouting. She just let her feelings known. It was Kieron who was being overly defensive and raising his voice. She was telling him that she knows that he didn't mean it, she just wanted him to be aware of how she felt about him treating her as some old person. She is only 51, and it is very patronising.

That's the thing with being patronising, people aren't usually conscious that they are. They need to be informed that they're being patronising or they'd never know that they are.
    They sorted it out, they were holding hands, and that should be it.
    What a great post. So good to see you're still here Alrightmate. Voice of reason, as always :)
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    cah wrote: »
    I'm torn with Eileen ,sometimes i don't mind her and others she gets right on my wick ,,but she did well to tell Sarah to butt out .

Sarah made herself look stupid in that conversation by trying to insist she wasn't backing Kieran when that's exactly what she was doing and when Eileen rightly pointed this out to her ,she then stropped off like a teenager muttering as she went out the door
    Absolutely agree. It was so funny! I like Sarah but that was just daft. Funny how people cannot see things right in front of them. I'm not sensing a general warmth to Eileen in the house so maybe that's what it is. Sarah trying to be polite but really wanting to tell Eileen to f off. Dunno. If there was only some kind of internet device that would allow us to see everything that goes on in there..... I've heard that in olden times it was possible. How sad that we lost that piece of technology.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How long does Botox last? I find myself watching her forehead hoping that soon it will start to move! Her face just looks really weird and I don't understand why people want to do that to themselves.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Eileen came across very well tonight actually, she has had a lot of ageist comments thrown at her in the house (even being nominated because of it) and Kierans comment seemed like the straw that broke the camels back.

She went up to him and tried to sort it out and other people got involved when it was none of their business.
  • jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pro_Sniper wrote: »
    Cringe beyond belief. That's why I wanted her out on Friday. She's clearly out of her depth...and her rude and aggressive behaviour is simply being excused or completely ignored because of her age.

Not pointing you out personally Sniper, but where in the scale of Big Brother is Eileens aggression. ? I put her around the 1,500th most agressive HM, if I am being mean :cool:
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I thought Eileen came across very well tonight actually, she has had a lot of ageist comments thrown at her in the house (even being nominated because of it) and Kierans comment seemed like the straw that broke the camels back.

She went up to him and tried to sort it out and other people got involved when it was none of their business.

She went to other people to ask them but they didn't agree with her and she didn't like that.

I really don't see that saying he thought as you got older you needed less sleep was really such an issue. She probably is wound up about age being mentioned but it's kind if inevitable in this set up when everyone is in their 20s and she is in her 50s.

I think her problem is she doesn't want to admit to her age and I'd suggest the facial treatments are testament to that. If she'd just accept it and champion it rather than fight it I think it would stop being an issue.
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether he said more or less is irrelevant. The point was about talking to Eileen as though she's just her age rather than as a person.
    Some are saying that she was rude and aggressive. She didn't come across that way at all to me. She wanted to get something off her chest, and did what people on here say housemates should do, approach the person and just let them know.
    She wasn't aggressive, she was calm, didn't lose her temper, and didn't start shouting. She just let her feelings known. It was Kieron who was being overly defensive and raising his voice. She was telling him that she knows that he didn't mean it, she just wanted him to be aware of how she felt about him treating her as some old person. She is only 51, and it is very patronising.

That's the thing with being patronising, people aren't usually conscious that they are. They need to be informed that they're being patronising or they'd never know that they are.
    They sorted it out, they were holding hands, and that should be it.

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he take issue with her accusing him of using the word 'old' when he actually said the word 'older'? If so, there is a difference, and I can understand him wanting that cleared up.
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, can't decide if she really is a misunderstood twit, or a manipulative cow.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I concur. She is incredily rude. I mean really, quite obnoxious imo. But now, it's ageist to say so.:(

She comes across as patronising and bossy sometimes.
    AA2009 wrote: »
    Kieran actually said that older people sleep LESS not more so Eileen misinterpreted him on purpose. She also delighted in bitching about Jade when the rest turned on her.

It is difficult to make sense of when they didn't show the full conversation but it looked to me as if as soon as she heard the word "older" she stopped listening, got offended and imagined things that were never said.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    The manic egg bashing task made her look an utter idiot. She just tries too hard.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    The manic egg bashing task made her look an utter idiot. She just tries too hard.

So busy putting on a show she lost.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »

I find her absolutely ridiculous:blush: