Well, that's how she pronounced it. ;-)

It's deffo time to 'leave'. :p

Agree with that.

Taxi for TheExecutioner.
  • Options
    Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Leave' rather than leave? Would this be like walking, only different?
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I dont want her to win but i definitely dont want her to leave just yet. Aaron, twins, eileen, chloe, pieface should all go before jade.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Good grief what a petty thread. Are you not aware that people with Irish accents do not pronounce words in the same way that the English Welsh and Scots do?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Good grief what a petty thread. Are you not aware that people with Irish accents do not pronounce words in the same way that the English Welsh and Scots do?

Exactly, as Father Ted would say "Down with this sort of thing"
  • Options
    TheExecutionerTheExecutioner Posts: 405
    Forum Member

Really? :o

I never knew there were distinctive accents behind our respective UK regions.....thanks for the Earth-shaking enlightenment.

:D
  • Options
    TheExecutionerTheExecutioner Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Or "Ting". :p
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or "Ting". :p

No Ted aka Dermot Morgan had correct diction...:p Lazy stereotyping..:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Really? :o

I never knew there were distinctive accents behind our respective UK regions.....thanks for the Earth-shaking enlightenment.

:D

The Republic of Ireland isn't actually part of the uk :p
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Don't you mean ting?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »
    Don't you mean ting?

thats already been done and it wasn't funny first time either
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member

She annoys the sh**** out of me, but the one thing I won't get on her for is actually speaking like an Irishwoman. So what? Bitch about the things she can and should control about herself (like being a raging egomaniac), not the thing she (through upbringing) really can't (nor really should have to).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    She annoys the sh**** out of me, but the one thing I won't get on her for is actually speaking like an Irishwoman. So what? Bitch about the things she can and should control about herself (like being a raging egomaniac), not the thing she (through upbringing) really can't (nor really should have to).

Nice one Kromm;-)
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The house would be quite boring without her. There would be nobody to dish out wisdom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    The house would be quite boring without her. There would be nobody to dish out wisdom

Good:p so lets keep her in then.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good:p so lets keep her in then.

She knows the score Berry, much more than any of the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    She knows the score Berry, much more than any of the others.

I know, I think she's a great hm. she's not as green as she's cabbage looking;-):p
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Jade stays. I like her and besides I always enjoy the look on their confused little faces when everyone nominates and then they're saved.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True, lots of youngsters in the Sarfeast would have said 'I'm gone in week free'. Some up North are starting to copy them, too.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member

I'm Irish and I speak correctly, I cringe when she says "udder" which I suspect she means "other" an udder is another thing altogether 😄
  • Options
    TaytoTayto Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No more extraordinary than the hundreds of people chanting "Get AdjoR out" on Friday night.
    Who's Adjor?
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes as been stated before a lot of Irish don't pronounce their th's just like a lot of English pronounce their th's as f's and say "Fink" instead of "think"..
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the two Irish men looking for a job when they saw an advert saying "tree fellows needed". Paddy turns to his friend and says "what a shame there are only two of us".

I'll get me coat :D
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »

Quite. Let's not get hung up on pettiness about someone's accent. As Partridge would say, Dere's more to Jade dan dis.
    Yera wrote: »
    I'm Irish and I speak correctly, I cringe when she says "udder" which I suspect she means "other" an udder is another thing altogether 😄

TBH, I cringe whenever I hear someone say they 'speak correctly' - unless they're the Queen or a newsreader from 1956.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yera wrote: »

She has a strong Dublin accent, nothing at all wrong with that. Actaully I'm finding it quite offensive that her accent is now being used as a means of ridicule. For goodness sake.>:(

Oh and we'll just have to take your word for it that you speak "correctly".;-)Received Pronunciation I suppose