Do you do a Tesco online shop?

13»

Comments

• John259John259 Posts: 28,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    I keep getting coupons at work giving me so much off my shopping when I use Online shopping.
    Then it would seem wise to use them, would it not?
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    You should give it a try! It makes life much easier.
    John259 wrote: »
    Then it would seem wise to use them, would it not?

I work in a supermarket, so if i need anything I just buy it there and then, what is easier than that? Anyway I get my groceries from different places, not all from work.

I also prefer to pick my own and then I know that I will get what i want and if it is out of stock then I can choose something different. I prefer Icelands way to be honest, i do my shopping and they deliver.
  • seamistseamist Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I bought something from tesco last night.I bought it online and will be delivered to my local store for pick up in a few days.
    I got a Philips Airfryer for £109.00,which was so much cheaper than anywhere else.It's got excellent reviews.Our previous chip fryer,a Tefal Actifry was pretty dodgy from day one... weak motor,paddle that squashed the potatoes,very uneven cooking which meant chips were white,black and raw a lot,mand very floppy weak chips..... Never Again.I hope the philips is better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seamist wrote: »
    I bought something from tesco last night.I bought it online and will be delivered to my local store for pick up in a few days.
    I got a Philips Airfryer for £109.00,which was so much cheaper than anywhere else.It's got excellent reviews.Our previous chip fryer,a Tefal Actifry was pretty dodgy from day one... weak motor,paddle that squashed the potatoes,very uneven cooking which meant chips were white,black and raw a lot,mand very floppy weak chips..... Never Again.I hope the philips is better.

It is. Good price you got too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to flit between Sainsburys, Tesco and occasionally Asda for my online delivery before I got access to a car.

To be honest, not once did it cross my mind what the picker thought about my shopping, just because I honestly don't think they care what I order. And like you I'd often order things like cat litter, jam, etc. Even ordered a few, lets say, more personal items and didn't care at all what the picker thought. Which is a bit odd for me I must say as I care deeply about what most people think of me!

The only thing that annoyed me about home deliveries is not being able to pick up and look at the stuff myself, i.e. ordering from Sainsburys you cannot enter a note to picker, and as towards the end this is where I did all my online shopping, it was most annoying. I like bananas green so they can ripen at home, most of the time I got yellow squishy ones on the verge of browning. Same with most fruit. And also sell by dates, I like to pick food that has a sell by date as far away from the current date as I can, but this wasn't always the case when getting home deliveries!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Do a[...]shop', ugh.
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I am well impressed with the Tesco system. I started using the delivery service after a spell in hospital and now use it every week for my main shop (even though I am now fit enough to go to the actual supermarket). Most helpful bits for me:-

1. Delivery to actual door (I live on the third floor with no lift)
    2. Precise delivery time (ie within a one hour slot) - todate have never failed to turn up on time
    3. Reliable substitution policy - I have never had to refuse an item that has been substituted.

All in all, I wouldnt hesitate to recommend.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in a first flour flat(one above ground) and I feel a bit guilty about them carrying stuff up the stairs, especially all the value coke. I'm a bit of a coke(cola) addict though.

Up until recently they used to leave all the crates, and I could leave them in the hallway for days(weeks) unpacking a bit at a time, but they want the crates back now. I think they are worth a couple of bob, so I can't blame them...I prefer it this way anyway.