Options

Forum versus GB public

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
Forum Member
✭✭
Has the BB forum been so out of touch?

Reading the Forum over the last few weeks gave the impression that Ashleigh was a clear favourite followed by Christopher and Chris. In fact the general consensus was that Helen would finish fifth or sixth.

The number of anti-Helen threads and a peep at her Appreciation thread showed how little she was liked on this Forum. This made her winning even more astounding.

Have there been other BB winners who were disliked on DS but still won?

Comments

• Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gullible British Public more like
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always been the case.

I don't think a DS forum favourite has ever won BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Ashleigh was the favourite everywhere. Not just this forum. And if she was not, Helen definitely was not.
  • Options
    yhtrownuyhtrownu Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that twitter was the best guage. Helen was dominating, I heard.

The GBP generally are not relevant. Most viewers don't vote.
  • Options
    atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »

Reading the Forum over the last few weeks gave the impression that Ashleigh was a clear favourite followed by Christopher and Chris. In fact the general consensus was that Helen would finish fifth or sixth.

The number of anti-Helen threads and a peep at her Appreciation thread showed how little she was liked on this Forum. This made her winning even more astounding.

This is one of many forums not THE BB forum! DS has always been out of touch with the BB viewing public.....it is only a small percentage of the shows audience! It's nothing new this year, it's the same every year!!
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Well I can't answer your last question, but I think Helen was always an unknown quantity even though some people were so sure she'd be hated.

I think there's been a quiet minority that have supported Helen all through the show but dared not voice their opinion for fear of being shot down in flames and only this week put their money where their mouth was and voted her to win.

The alliances and campaigns throughout the series where hms were evicted to save those as part of that alliance didn't help either. So in the end it was almost a protest vote against these campaigns and for justice for those hms who were voted out as a result of them. Because nobody is more surprised than I was at Helen winning tonight. So this is my honest opinion on what I think has happened. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    The BOTS audience have also been very favourable towards Helen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    But what would stop the quiet minority from voting in polls? Again, not just this website, everywhere else too.

I don't think Helen had more fans than anyone else in the top three. Definitely not. I just think her fans spent more.
  • Options
    daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think us forum users are a bit obsessive and take it a bit too seriously.
    But its fun LOL
  • Options
    lynn666lynn666 Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Well I can't answer your last question, but I think Helen was always an unknown quantity even though some people were so sure she'd be hated.

I think there's been a quiet minority that have supported Helen all through the show but dared not voice their opinion for fear of being shot down in flames and only this week put their money where their mouth was and voted her to win.

The alliances and campaigns throughout the series where hms were evicted to save those as part of that alliance didn't help either. So in the end it was almost a protest vote against these campaigns and for justice for those hms who were voted out as a result of them. Because nobody is more surprised than I was at Helen winning tonight. So this is my honest opinion on what I think has happened. :)

Very good post,I posted a comment on another thread with similar meaning to your post but I didn't explain myself as well as you have, well done.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last time I looked into this less than 10% of the BP voted.....nearly half were teenagers...I rest my case
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Judging by a recent poll in here about 60% of us never vote at all.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think where the forum fails it doesn't let go of things that maybe happened two months ago.

The gbp move on quickly
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    I doubt the British public voted for Helen, infact they don't watch BB anymore and won't ever know who any of the housemates are.
    Even on the net it's very hard to currently find where the Helen fans are. I'm starting to think the voting numbers are so low that alot of the results are up for grabs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Janette800 wrote: »
    The last time I looked into this less than 10% of the BP voted.....nearly half were teenagers...I rest my case

I'm glad it's only 10% of the gbp voting, but what a shame the demographic is so many teenagers. Well, if this is a teenager-focussed show, and feeding bullying with no responsibility at all, I'm glad to not watch it again. Had stopped for years. Glad to again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lynn666 wrote: »
    Very good post,I posted a comment on another thread with similar meaning to your post but I didn't explain myself as well as you have, well done.

Thank you lynn :)
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »

I don't think a DS forum favourite has ever won BB.
    Aaron
  • Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From memory, Aaron from BB12 wasn't especially liked around here but he went on to win.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad it's only 10% of the gbp voting, but what a shame the demographic is so many teenagers. Well, if this is a teenager-focussed show, and feeding bullying with no responsibility at all, I'm glad to not watch it again. Had stopped for years. Glad to again!

Shame these kids look up to someone like Helen
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    Gullible British Public more like

So appropriate:D

I turkey think it's the older/ diehards vs the Twitter/Facebook age range personally. I know all dabble but I'm referring to the blind faith multiple vote brigade of the younger viewers. (Not all).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I do think where the forum fails it doesn't let go of things that maybe happened two months ago.

The gbp move on quickly

And they are fickle in terms of a regular bb audience also, so bb nerd to be careful who they're courting.
    Arcana wrote: »

I think many do on the final night.

But they and the Friday eviction audience are the ones normally out of sync.
    yhtrownu wrote: »

Sadly predictable, the Geordie shore, scripted reality lovers:D but it's killing a once loved show.

I don't think a DS forum favourite has ever won BB.[/QUOTaaron
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »

This ^^^ I didn't like Helen in the beginning but the overhype about Ashleigh, who, in my opinion was just as nasty, vindictive and b@tchy as Helen (albeit behind their backs) grated on my nerves and it made me start to like Helen more for owning her bad behaviour and trying to change for the better. Particularly when Ashleigh did mean and spiteful things and never acknowledged it and her fans were congratulating her purely because of their own hatred of Helen, whilst condemning Helen and other HMs such as Ash for the most minuscule of things; it got right on my nerves. One thing that irks me the most is self-righteousness and a holier than thou attitude especially when it's mixed with a complete inability to forgive and move on.

When Winston was voted out mainly because of the Ashleigh fans' obsession, it was the last straw (and I don't even like Winston) so I can completely understand how it would annoy viewers. I think Helen won for a variety of reasons including that she was the most interesting HM (good and bad) but also because she was the anti-Ashleigh person at the end of the day and whilst it was a small percentage, more people wanted Helen to win than Ashleigh :)

PS I didn't vote personally as I'm on hols but if I had been there, once Christopher left I would definitely have sent a few votes Helen's way just as a protest vote against the sheer hypocrisy of Ashleigh fans ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

The gbp move on quickly

And they are fickle in terms of a regular bb audience also, so bb nerd to be careful who they're courting.
    Arcana wrote: »

I think many do on the final night.

But they and the Friday eviction audience are the ones normally out of sync.
    yhtrownu wrote: »

Sadly predictable, the Geordie shore, scripted reality lovers:D but it's killing a once loved show.

I don't think a DS forum favourite has ever won BB.[/QUOTaaron
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mcjjjunior wrote: »
    This ^^^ I didn't like Helen in the beginning but the overhype about Ashleigh, who, in my opinion was just as nasty, vindictive and b@tchy as Helen (albeit behind their backs) grated on my nerves and it made me start to like Helen more for owning her bad behaviour and trying to change for the better. Particularly when Ashleigh did mean and spiteful things and never acknowledged it and her fans were congratulating her purely because of their own hatred of Helen, whilst condemning Helen and other HMs such as Ash for the most minuscule of things; it got right on my nerves. One thing that irks me the most is self-righteousness and a holier than thou attitude especially when it's mixed with a complete inability to forgive and move on.

When Winston was voted out mainly because of the Ashleigh fans' obsession, it was the last straw (and I don't even like Winston) so I can completely understand how it would annoy viewers. I think Helen won for a variety of reasons including that she was the most interesting HM (good and bad) but also because she was the anti-Ashleigh person at the end of the day and whilst it was a small percentage, more people wanted Helen to win than Ashleigh :)

PS I didn't vote personally as I'm on hols but if I had been there, once Christopher left I would definitely have sent a few votes Helen's way just as a protest vote against the sheer hypocrisy of Ashleigh fans ;)

You've pretty much summed up my own thoughts to how I've felt throughout this series, even down to like and dislike and even confusion at times. However, for me it was always the double standards and non-ownership of the same behavioural traits that I could see in both Ashleigh and Helen. But the over worshipping of Ashleigh did it for me and also the sheer level of vitriol aimed at Helen.

There was never room to try and defend Helen on any grounds at all here on the forum. And it galled me so much.

So yes, for those reasons alone, I'm happy with tonight's result. That said, I think Christopher and Pav have been fantastic and really decent housemates and I'd have been more than happy had either of them had won. :)
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »

Yes this must be true. I did not know a scum bag audience had tuned in.... I will now tune out of mainstream BB as I'm not a scum bag BMP type .