Arrow Season 3 - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With Arrow starting again in just 2 days I thought it deserved a thread. I for one can not wait for this to return and only hope that Slade Wilson isn't out of the picture for too long.

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long left to go, i'm so excited.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very happy to hear this as I thought it was end of October for some reason, maybe I was thinking of the UK return date.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The (excruciating) wait is almost over :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very happy to hear this as I thought it was end of October for some reason, maybe I was thinking of the UK return date.
    Or you could be thinking about the other comic book show Constantine which airs on October 30th. But yeah, the sooner the better with Arrow.

NinjyBear wrote: »
    The (excruciating) wait is almost over :cool:

Finally, I have no doubt season 3 will be as good as 2 and it will be very interesting to see the flashbacks now they have a different setting.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited!!
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has come around quick. It doesn't feel long since season 2 finished.

Looking forward to it, although I will miss Slade's presence.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, although I will miss Slade's presence.
    Fear not, he's bound to be back. He has the privileged of being one of the few villains Ollie has fought of which Ollie has left alive. Besides, in the comics, Slade is an antihero, and (thus far) he's been an villain. I have no doubt that he'll return at a later date as said antihero.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, lots to look forward to. Though, I'm guessing there are bigger spoilers no one knows about yet. The crossover sounds like it will be awesome. I'm going to bet money that Batman will be at least mentioned with Ra's showing up, even if it's just a "I've dealt with you billionaire playboys before!" to Ollie.

I'm guessing Deathstroke will appear. If Titans turns out to be linked to this universe, he's more than likely keyed into starring in that, too. (Deathstroke was a big Titans villain).
  • BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Is there some way in the UK that you're all watching the US pace? Or... do I need to "obtain" it by other means?
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Fear not, he's bound to be back. He has the privileged of being one of the few villains Ollie has fought of which Ollie has left alive. Besides, in the comics, Slade is an antihero, and (thus far) he's been an villain. I have no doubt that he'll return at a later date as said antihero.
    Yeah, the fact that he was left alive means there is a good chance that he will make a Malcolm Merlyn-style return, at some point. I expect him to come back, just not for a while.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so pumped and ready for season 3!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made a HUGE mistake of looking at Twitter... I plan on watching tomorrow, but I am so stupid! DO NOT read the spoiler if you haven't seen the episode yet.
    Sara was killed! Didn't think it would happen in the first episode of S3!
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    :eek:
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:(:o
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    i think it was pretty much a given somebody had to
    new life brings death
    :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wow at the ending. I was on ign before seeing the episode and it mentioned a twist at the end so when I saw Sara come back I just figured the twist was her death. Naturally there will be speculation that it was Ra's considering it was obviously a man, but in the comments in the review they speculated someone else from the comics.
    komodo or something
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was not expecting that ending :o.
    I'm so glad that | avoided all the spoilers. I can't believe it. What were the writers thinking?! Sad part is that it was a good premiere.
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not happy about
    Sara's death I'm really pissed about it :( but it lets laurel move to take on the black canary mantel. I do feel they made big mistake. They have caused big backlash from fans :o^_^
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't care,
    I was never very fond of Sara tbh. Also noted that Laurel has switched to blonde hair, which always suited the actress better as it's more her natural shade.
    :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't care,
    I was never very fond of Sara tbh. Also noted that Laurel has switched to blonde hair, which always suited the actress better as it's more her natural shade.
    :blush:
    Nah you're not. Couldn't take to Sara at all, so I let out an early morning cheer when she hit the ground. I'll be pissed off if she manages to cheat death AGAIN!!!

The episode on a whole was awesome. I found it very amusing how Felicity manges to even showcase her hacking abilities on a tech support computer. She really is something amazing. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, there's no need to spoiler tag stuff from an episode that has already aired in the US. Anyone coming into this thread does so knowing it's US Pace and has to expect anything from aired episodes to be open. The only things that need spoilering are speculation based on comic book knowledge and actual things from upcoming episodes like character and plots.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Naturally there will be speculation that it was Ra's considering it was obviously a man, but in the comments in the review they speculated someone else from the comics.
    komodo or something
    To be honest, I doubt Sara's killer is Ra. Nyssa was close to Sara, and with Nyssa practically speaking on behalf of her father, it seems unlikely that it's Ra that killed Sara. There's also the added speech in that it appeared cryptic (like Ollie when talking to Lance), Ra wouldn't need that when talking to Sara; she likely already knows him.

I suspect Ra (and Nyssa) venture to Starling to figure out what has happened to Sara, or more to the point, the circumstances surrounding her death. He's a villain, but he's a villain with a code of conduct/honour.

Other than Sara's death though (I didn't like that so soon) I thought the episode was solid. I fear though that Diggle wont be utilized as much, and we'll seemingly be losing two characters (Sara due to death, Diggle due to family). We've already lost so many people last series too. Was also nice seeing the cameo from Barry - though we already know how that worked out. I'm hoping we'll see a lot more of them together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the killer was a man and someone that Sara knew, when she said, "What are you doing here?" before being shot, she didn't sound too worried or scared, it was a reply to someone you haven't seen in a long time, not an enemy, but not a friend either... and acquaintance. So, I wonder who would fall under that category :confused:
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    So the killer was a man and someone that Sara knew, when she said, "What are you doing here?" before being shot, she didn't sound too worried or scared, it was a reply to someone you haven't seen in a long time, not an enemy, but not a friend either... and acquaintance. So, I wonder who would fall under that category :confused:

It could be a girl, might have one of those nifty voice mutation things that Ollie has.

Still finding it hard to believe that Roy (who I find dull) is now close to Ollie's standard in everything. I know, Miracuru (sp) whatsit, bit yeah... it bothers me. No doubt Thea will show up with the skills of Artemis herself in a couple of weeks:blush:
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be a girl, might have one of those nifty voice mutation things that Ollie has.

Still finding it hard to believe that Roy (who I find dull) is now close to Ollie's standard in everything. I know, Miracuru (sp) whatsit, bit yeah... it bothers me. No doubt Thea will show up with the skills of Artemis herself in a couple of weeks:blush:

As long as they show lots of footage of Barrowman training her I don't mind :blush: