Arrow Season 3 - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    That's a point or wouldn't her grave/headstone have being taken down I still think in the eyes of the world she was already dead which also means even if Quentin knew he couldn't arrest someone for killing someone who has been dead for 7 years.
    He'd likely just go vigilante save for arresting them.

I'm glad this was mentioned though, I watched the episode yesterday and was thinking "they got that headstone quick", it didn't occur to me (then) that the rest of the city already thought her dead.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Speaking of Ollie taking out villains, when he (and Roy) were fighting Komodo, Komodo jumps out of a window and Ollie follows. Roy runs up to the window ... and doesn't follow. What's that all about?
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    He probably didn't have the necessary equipment to follow.

He missed the lessons on diving out of a 50 storey window in Arrow School.

I was waiting for a scene of Roy to casually walk over to the lift and take that down to the ground floor.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

I was waiting for a scene of Roy to casually walk over to the lift and take that down to the ground floor.

Haha, so was I. It would have been hilarious just to have him shrug and casually strut to the elevator and then splice shots of Ollie and Komodo fighting with Roy waiting for the lift.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »

That would have been funny but I did think it was funny like he thought well I'm stupid but not that stupid as he looked out the window
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I did like that as it also did show that his training is not complete and while he's good he's still not on Ollie's level.

I'm sure he will be jumping out of windows ect in time
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like that as it also did show that his training is not complete and while he's good he's still not on Ollie's level.

I'm sure he will be jumping out of windows ect in time

Better be careful though. He may lose something..
  • BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    "Oh look - that man has just been shot through the window by an arrow. I'll just walk up to the window and stare out of the hole, instead of getting to safety, or at least *away* and in cover".
    I know lol. Especially since he was shot for the information he knows, and he obviously just told her. The natural thing would be to shoot her as well now. That was really stupid.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Vinnie Jones cast
    for a 3 episode arc as comic villain 'Danny Brickwell'.

When I said the show needed more recurring villains he's not quite what I meant
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the plus side if any of the main characters were to suffer a heart attack we know that they are in good hands. Hard and fast on the sovereign to Staying Alive says Vinnie Jones.
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Better be careful though. He may lose something..

He may lose a lot

Lesson 1 if this goes wrong there is no lesson 2
    Forum Member
    Whilst I still have a hard time believing it's him, the promo for episode #4 seems to be setting Merlyn up as Sara's killer. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense though, not from any perspective.

Firstly, if Merlyn were to kill Sara, he would need a distinct motive, and at the moment, I'd think taking out the friends of his daughters brother would be the least sensible thing to do.

Secondly, Sara knew her killer, yet she was also aware that Merlyn had been killed by Ollie in Season #1 - whilst she was surprised to see her killer, she didn't look as though she'd seen a ghost.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is everyone in this show now a super ninja/fighter/vigilante? I know that's what it's about, but it's starting to get like later seasons of Buffy and Vampire Diaries, where there's only a couple of mere mortals left standing. Sows lose something when that happens, imo, a sense of grounding in reality.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it was losing the firm grounding. They still have Felicity and Diggle who aren't super ninjas. That's 100% more "normal" humans in the cast than TVD has at the moment (Matt) At least it isn't as bad as that either with Oli only being super fit, Agile and strong. They aren't all vampires, werewolves or witches. I've seen people run over stuff like Oli (Parkour) and seen people who are strong too...granted they don't all fire arrows from a bow but if they did.....
    I'm yet to see someone turn into a wolf during a full moon though. So Arrow still has a grip on reality I'd say. It's just a very athletic city, Starling City. lol Olympics 2026?
    Forum Member
    Does anyone think that Lyla is going to die?

In the last episode when you heard a door open and shut I thought it wasn't going to be Diggle and you would see her get shot then when she said she was going to the office I just got a feeling that next time we are going to find she got killed there.
    Forum Member
    I'll put this is spoilers in case some don't know about a certain character
    I think it's obvious we will see Ray Palmer as The Atom but will it turn out he got his powers from the particle accelerator in The Flash or some other way?

Also on that we already know ep's 8 of both series will cross over but I do think we will see Metahuman's in Arrow to and they will deal with it without having to call The Flash in
    Forum Member
    Promos count as spoilers. Please use tags when discussing them.

This season is rather bland so far IMO. I'm liking most of the character interactions, but the weekly plots have been poor. This episode should have dropped the random Diggle stuff and stuck with Thea and Malcolm.

edit: Also, I miss Slade. A lot :(
    Forum Member
    Does anyone think that Lyla is going to die?
    No, at least, not yet. There is more to Amanda that they've yet got to flesh out; she was responsible for recruiting Ollie, and we still don't know why yet.
    In the last episode when you heard a door open and shut I thought it wasn't going to be Diggle and you would see her get shot then when she said she was going to the office I just got a feeling that next time we are going to find she got killed there.
    I must admit, when I heard the door I didn't expect it to be John. I, alike you, thought it was going to be an assasin or someone.
    I think it's obvious we will see Ray Palmer as The Atom but will it turn out he got his powers from the particle accelerator in The Flash or some other way?

Also on that we already know ep's 8 of both series will cross over but I do think we will see Metahuman's in Arrow to and they will deal with it without having to call The Flash in.
    Most likely correct in all senses. The two shows are interlinked, so it's inevitable that a metahuman will show up on Arrow at some point. if Ollie can't deal with it though, maybe that's where the other guy will step in?
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    This episode should have dropped the random Diggle stuff and stuck with Thea and Malcolm.
    One thing that really annoyed me about this episode; Thea knew all about Sara right? At least, her return? Ollie never thought to say "Sara is dead, and I'd like to better protect you." He didn't even mention Sara's condition to Thea. You'd think she'd have been a hell of a lot more sympathetic if she knew?
    Also, I miss Slade.
    He'll be back. Give it time.
    Forum Member
    One thing that really annoyed me about this episode; Thea knew all about Sara right? At least, her return? Ollie never thought to say "Sara is dead, and I'd like to better protect you." He didn't even mention Sara's condition to Thea. You'd think she'd have been a hell of a lot more sympathetic if she knew?

but then he would have to explain they are keeping it a secret from Lance and why would she have been randomly killed, that would lead to the reveal of her as canary and him as arrow.

also how could plain old Oliver protect her
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Is everyone in this show now a super ninja/fighter/vigilante? I know that's what it's about, but it's starting to get like later seasons of Buffy and Vampire Diaries, where there's only a couple of mere mortals left standing. Sows lose something when that happens, imo, a sense of grounding in reality.

I don't mind Ollie having a group around him that know how to fight, what I have issue with is that EVERYONE in Starling City (sorry, Star City) seem to know who he is now, ok a slight exaggeration but it has to be the worst kept secret in tv show history, if he keeps this rate up by the end of the season the only person that won't know will be the dense postman who delivers letters to 'the arrow, verdant, the top secret basement' whilst the door is left adjar and ollie collects it dressed as the arrow with the hood down and the mask in his hand.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Promos count as spoilers. Please use tags when discussing them.

This season is rather bland so far IMO. I'm liking most of the character interactions, but the weekly plots have been poor. This episode should have dropped the random Diggle stuff and stuck with Thea and Malcolm.

edit: Also, I miss Slade. A lot :(

They are obviously setting Diggle up for a storyline thats why it was added.
    You need 2 storylines in an episode otherwise they would have to do a LOT of padding to every episode, then you really would find it very bland.

The Ollie story this week was never going to have any action, thats why they added the diggle story, this is an action show so they cannot do an episode where all everyone does is just sit down with a coffee and chat.
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    but then he would have to explain they are keeping it a secret from Lance and why would she have been randomly killed, that would lead to the reveal of her as canary and him as arrow.
    Ollie had already stated no more secrets between him and Thea.
    Forum Member

Well to be fair he didn't tell her he was The Arrow when he had the chance to.

I'm surprised Malcolm hasn't told her unless he has and we didn't see it I was half expecting him to as she walked out the door "Oh by the way you do know Ollie is The Arrow don't you" I do think if she doesn't already know she will by end of the series and then she will make her choice with or against him.

As I said if Malcolm is using her to get to him and fight him in many ways she is the perfect choice and she is the one person that no matter what he would never fight back against even if it meant dying.
    Forum Member
    *marv* wrote: »
    They are obviously setting Diggle up for a storyline thats why it was added.
    You need 2 storylines in an episode otherwise they would have to do a LOT of padding to every episode, then you really would find it very bland.

The Ollie story this week was never going to have any action, thats why they added the diggle story, this is an action show so they cannot do an episode where all everyone does is just sit down with a coffee and chat.

It's not obvious they're setting Diggle up for a story - they went to Russia with him early last season and that was the end of him until the Suicide Squad episode.

Ollie went to find Thea. Thea was with Malcolm. Malcolm and Ollie will come face-to-face sooner than later. Why not just get it over with this week instead of including a random, highly-coincidental ARGUS mission?

This episode could, and should, have been much better.
    Forum Member
    It's not obvious they're setting Diggle up for a story - they went to Russia with him early last season and that was the end of him until the Suicide Squad episode.

Ollie went to find Thea. Thea was with Malcolm. Malcolm and Ollie will come face-to-face sooner than later. Why not just get it over with this week instead of including a random, highly-coincidental ARGUS mission?

This episode could, and should, have been much better.

Because Malcolm and Ollie/Arrow are this years big story it would be stupid to them to meet and get it over and done with in episode 3 it needs playing out and now the story will be for once Thea will be the one keeping secretes.
    Forum Member

and thought better of it when John had a chat to him so he didn't tell her jus disclosed a little to try to coax her home