Ken - pantomime villain gone wrong?

SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sometimes in CBB series we see various housemates declare that they want to get out and that they will act as horrible as possible to achieve this. John McCririck had success with this in CBB3 and Ultimate BB.

So has Ken attempted to take this path and play the pantomime villain, being deliberately provocative to get out of the house asap, but his comedy judgement is way off so he's taken it too far and is coming across as being genuinely nasty?

He might say it's meant to be a joke, but that doesn't really work when no one's laughing.

Comments

• Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    I don't know.

If that was his attempt at being a pantomime villain, then he is possibly one of the more stupid CBB housemates there has ever been!

He should have stuck to the tried and tested route of sitting around in baggy grey pants and vest, moaning about having no Diet Coke and protesting in silence :D
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    When BB were giving him his formal warning, he should have put a pair of underpants over his head.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McCririck never made racist or sexist comments
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like I said in another thread. He's obviously a man with a plan. Just to see his face on launch night was enough for me to see he was totally out his depth. I actually felt a bit sorry for him. Most of the others seemed to know each other and he was just stood there on the sidelines. Not a position he was used to I suspect. So he had to resort to being offensive to get himself noticed and therefore make a quick exit.
    As for mccrichric of course he made sexists comments.
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    I don't get the impression that he's joking and I'll be quite happy for him to be evicted as soon as possible. Hopefully he will cross the line and get booted so he can't collect his fee.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He just comes across as a fool
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »
    When BB were giving him his formal warning, he should have put a pair of underpants over his head.

**Wibble**:D
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    McCririck never made racist or sexist comments

John McCrirrck was entertaining. Ken is not. As I have put on other posts I think he thinks in his bufuddled brain that by being shocking and "contraversial" as he sees it by making awful comments he is being entertaining. A pathetic old man lost in the 21st century. He said he is about to retire - goodbye.
  • Dave_62Dave_62 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Burn a big fat negroe in the oven."

What panto is that a line from?
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has adopted his Reg Holdsworth leering character.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexander was implying Ken was going to hell before the 'negro' remark. I don't think Ken likes it when people give it back.
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    A few years ago I saw a Channel 4 show 'Five Go To....: where Derek Acorah, Rosie Millard, James Redmond, Bianca Gascoigne, and Ken Morley holidayed together in Lanzarote.

Morley was an odious, ignorant and thoroughly unpleasant man then - and nothing has changed. since
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    He has adopted his Reg Holdsworth leering character.

Reg Holdsworth and Ken Morley appear to be one and the same imo, as a lifelong Corrie fan I can only say how relieved I was when he left the soap. He always appeared to be sleazy and I believe that he has always been a pervy, nasty gobshoite who thinks its fine to act the way he does.He is unbearable.