American Horror Story S5: Hotel

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I hope not in a major role then.

Being a regular usually tends to be a major role. I'm not her greatest fan either but I'll keep an open mind for now though.
  • StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher should have been the star guest, not Gaga. A dominant female is needed now Jessica Lange is out!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher should have been the star guest, not Gaga. A dominant female is needed now Jessica Lange is out!

Cher isn't very well, plus rarely acts.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evan Peters has checked in...
    Forum Member
    Nice to see him back.

That's eight regulars we now know of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angela Bassett has been confirmed

Ryan Murphy tweeted her character will be making trouble with Lady Gaga's character.
    Forum Member
    Looks like that leaked cast thingy might actually be true or partially so.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not Hotel related but Murder House is coming soon to 5 Star.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i saw an advert for it on Ch5. 5* will be showing season 1 of AHS: Murder House. One of the best seasons of the show. Great for viewers who haven't seen it on Fox UK.
    Forum Member
    Might catch up with Murder House again.
    Forum Member
    Finn Wittrock and Denis O'Hare are returning. Wittrock's character will be in a love triangle with Gaga and Bomer's characters.

The show will have a panel with Scream Queens next month at Comic Con.

Filming for Hotel also begins next month.

http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/American%20Horror%20Story
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max Greenfield (Schmidt from New Girl) has also been cast.

In an interview with Deadline, Ryan Murphy has said there will be no musical numbers in this season and Lady Gaga will NOT be singing. Her role will be a pure acting part. He also claims the 5th season will be more straight up horror and bloodier than previous seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 5 is also being described as a throwback to season 1 and 2, and i personally feel the show peaked at those seasons, so i hope season 5 is a return to form. But this is is Ryan Murphy though. Glee and Nip Tuck continued to get worse the further they went along.
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed it's more a return to form then, though I did enjoy most of Coven and Freak Show.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only got into AHS in the past month when a colleague recommended it to me and I watched the first season in a week! I'm mid-way through episode 2 of Season 2 but I'm having a break :D

I can't wait to see Matt Bomer in Season 5 as a regular. Matt and Lady Gaga together is going to be so interesting. It's also fantastic that Evan Peters is back - he was amazing in Season 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma Roberts has been confirmed. She will be doing three episodes at the end of the season. Her character will be to do with Evan Peters. I hope their real life break up doesn't cause any tensions on set.
    Forum Member
    Mixed feelings on Roberts returning to AHS to be honest. I was hoping Scream Queens would keep her busy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Mixed feelings on Roberts returning to AHS to be honest. I was hoping Scream Queens would keep her busy.

Scream Queens finishes production around the time AHS nears production of the last few episodes so it just happens to work out well.

Ryan Murphy needs to seriously starting working with new actors on AHS. Does he know there is tons of talent out there? He should go through his phone book and see if any of Nip/Tuck or The New Normal cast members want to join. I think Joely Richardson would be a fab addition. She would bring some british-ness to the show. I could imagine her as some washed up hollywood english actress checking into the hotel and causing havoc.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there not much love lost between RM and the cast of Nip/Tuck? I read somewhere that as a whole they felt neglected by him as the show continued.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very short teaser for AHS: Hotel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTSI5LYCi0
    Forum Member
    Those little teasers are nice, but I can't wait to see what kind of concept trailer they do with the cast though.

We have some character names as well ....

Kathy Bates - Iris
    Matt Bomer - Donovon
    Evan Peters - Mr March
    Sarah Paulson - Hypodermic Sally

More spoilers .....

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/07/american-horror-story-scream-queens.html
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    lily returning is great for the show. I'd like to see her in a role similar to her S1 character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cast is so big. This is what I believe is one of the reasons why Coven and Freak show were no no's for me. Ryan Murphy needs to remember less is more. Murder House had a very small cast. Asylum was a bit bigger. Cover and Freak Show was packed. Hotel seems to be following that. He needs to scale down. I feel claustrophobic everytime I head into a new season of AHS.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    I guess the nature of a Hotel means that some characters could be checking in for a limited amount of time. That's what I'm hoping anyway, because I agree that less is more with AHS characters