Options

Virgin Menus arrive in Stockport

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
Forum Member
:) Got home from work and discovered my TV guide/menu etc have had the Virgin makeover from the old NTL look.
Must say i am quite pleased with it and seems to have a few more options than the old NTL one :)

Comments

• Options
    spacepostmanspacepostman Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they have colour tv there now too?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey! I live in Stockport! We`ve had colour TV for almost 6 months now!
  • Options
    DinoDino Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV?.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I live in Winsford, and we've only just had electricity switched on just after Xmas. :eek:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deltanine wrote:
    Hey! I live in Stockport! We`ve had colour TV for almost 6 months now!

It's just as well. Once that bridge on the A6 closes for its repair, the government experiment into complete town gridlock truly begins.

In a few week's time, you'll not be able to drive in, out, round, or through the whole of Stockport.

Enjoy your telly. You'll not be leaving HMP Stockport for a long time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    HeHeHe :D Very Very True.... :eek: We will all be in the 'clink' all summer :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    logik19 wrote:
    I live in Winsford, and we've only just had electricity switched on just after Xmas. :eek:
    and you have the internet how? lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grrrrrrrrr.... I'm in SK4 and sill no new menu.... although quite why I'm disappointed I don't know... am going to be proper peeved when my channel order gets screwed with!
  • Options
    LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    The new menus have been in Southampton since 13th february :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    The new menus have been in Edinburgh for the past three weeks as well. Not sure I really like the yellow on black - it looks too much like the arrival/departures display screen at the train station.

Perhaps Virgin should a large red [Cancelled/Please wait in departure lounge] for the Sky channels..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got them a few days ago here in Plymouth (at least I did).

There does seem to be a minor glitch.

Say, for instance, I am watching BBC1. If I press the blue button to get the menu sometimes it changes channel and puts that in the top right corner.

BUT the wierd thing is the STB still says it is tuned in to 101 !!!!

If I come out of the menu again the new channel is still visible (and no, it's not the previews you get further into the menus), and the box still says 101.

The box appears to freeze for a short time, because if I key in 101 it doesn't do anything, but if I use the up/down keys it resolves the problem, and I can now go into the menu and keep BBC1 in the corner......

Like I said, it's wierd. I think they have a little more work to make it perfect.

Anyone know what might be wrong?
  • Options
    Gary CooperGary Cooper Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Still not here in SE London (ex NTL Bromley).
  • Options
    Peter LitlerPeter Litler Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smashmouth wrote:
    grrrrrrrrr.... I'm in SK4 and sill no new menu.... although quite why I'm disappointed I don't know... am going to be proper peeved when my channel order gets screwed with!
    Have you tried rebooting your STB?