Options

Anyone else going cold turkey this year?

JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I haven't watched it yet. Have you?

No cold shivers yet, I'm feeling pretty good about it really. I've had quite a lot of stuff to do so that takes my mind off it.

How are you coping?

Comments

• Options
    Red DevilRed Devil Posts: 13,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think this member is watching it...I could be wrong!

http://digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=812740
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To tell you the truth, I know I could probably take it or leave it.

I've watched the highlights since it started and a bit of the live feed but the unclarity surrounding the wedding task (which started off quite good) is a sign of amateurish (again) from the makers of the show so I'm feeling a bit distant now. I don't like to invest too much in anything I see as potentially very shoddy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched it yet either, except for the launch show to see what they were all like. I'm just checking out the live updates and the threads on here that don't have incredibly childish, stupid, inflammatory or troll-like titles.
    I have grown to trust my own initial judgements, apart from the odd surprise - and not trust the highlight show at all!

I will watch the live feed if I think there is anything worth seeing, but nothing has grabbed me yet.
    I like Darnell, Rachel and a few others. I dislike Alex and Steph. Lisa and Mario seem ok-ish, they love themselves a bit, but nowhere near as much as some, they at least appear to have interesting sides. Dale is great eye candy so I hope he stays in for a good while, but I don't think he is a winner.
    I would be happy if Kat wins but I don't think she will.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn,t even enter my head not to watch even after last years disaster, I think i can safely say I,m a BB addict but hopefully one day I shall be cured:o:D
  • Options
    Tom-Cool2Tom-Cool2 Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get cold turkey when its finished :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day 6:

Started to feel it today. I thought I'd got through it with a repeat of this week's Britain's Next Top Model on Living+1, only to realise Big Brother starts at ten, not nine. :rolleyes:

There was nothing on at ten. I tried Discovery on the off chance a rogue episode of Mythbusters would get me through the hour......You've usually got about a fifty/fifty chance Mythbusters in on but no such luck tonight.

Thank God for TV on demand.

The journey continues....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straight after the main show, not really the best time to get much support with this, is it?
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Day 6:

Started to feel it today. I thought I'd got through it with a repeat of this week's Britain's Next Top Model on Living+1, only to realise Big Brother starts at ten, not nine. :rolleyes:

There was nothing on at ten. I tried Discovery on the off chance a rogue episode of Mythbusters would get me through the hour......You've usually about a fifty/fifty chance Mythbusters in on but no such luck tonight.

Thank God for TV on demand.

The journey continues....

Every year I think about quitting because each year I become more cynical about the production itself and the way we're manipulated. But mostly I resent the way it appeals to our basest instincts to judge and hate others. What IS that about? :confused:

Already this year it's proved very gripping with one of the best ever 'baddies'. But watching her, she's making me feel really disturbed AND I'm starting to feel actual dislike for this person who I've never met and who hasn't actually done ME any harm at all. That surely can't be what we term 'entertainment'? So why do we watch? Is it cathartic?

How I wish it was the more innocent 'people watching' experiment of the early years, then I wouldn't have to feel dirty for watching. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    i was thinking about it, i didnt watch the last series because i think the last series was appalling and BB was getting worse and worse each year but im actually liking this year, the contestants seem more down to earth (rachel, jennifer, bex etc) they arent full of themselves or think theyre better than everyone else, but there are some typical b****es in the house that can be annoying but adds to some entertainment i suppose. i though it was going to be another year of bimbo antics but so far...all is good! and its pretty good viewing! i actually recommend it for once
  • Options
    rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha you're missing a good show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im struggling to like any of them this year.
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you really going to treat us to what you're doing instead of watching Big Brother for the next 87 days? I mean... seriously? Should I give you a round of applause if you manage it?

Most people just stop watching, and that's the end of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    Are you really going to treat us to what you're doing instead of watching Big Brother for the next 87 days? I mean... seriously?

I was thinking about it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    i lasted one day....after telling everone i know i won't be watching it if they paid me! trouble is had e4 on and caught a bit of bblb and couldn't resist watching it on virgin 4od....hooked already now!! sad aye!? goodbye summer!!
  • Options
    TomDaOneTomDaOne Posts: 11,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched it yet. Have you?

No cold shivers yet, I'm feeling pretty good about it really. I've had quite a lot of stuff to do so that takes my mind off it.

How are you coping?

After last years show I had enough, didn't watch the Celeb Hijack in January at all, had no interest. This series of BB I have so far watched the launch show and nothing else, except for little bits of live feed online and I have not even watched any of that since Sunday.

I don't miss it at all, not one little bit. I may dip in and out but I wont be glued to it. A friend of mine has, like you chosen to just not watch at all. I say good on you JonDoe. :D
  • Options
    LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this year is better than last year's by a mile, quit next year lol
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not watching much live feed, reading the threads here for info and watching the hi-lights.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Sprogg wrote: »
    Are you really going to treat us to what you're doing instead of watching Big Brother for the next 87 days? I mean... seriously? Should I give you a round of applause if you manage it?

I know I probably would. For those of who wish we had the same resolve, JonDoe will be like a beacon of purity, guiding me on the path to righteousness.

That or a slavering wreck with the shakes. :D
  • Options
    MollieMMollieM Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I've quit watching for the first time since it started. I said the last few years when the series ended that I wouldn't watch it again but by the time the next series started I'd forgotten why and couldn't help myself. Anyway, my OH hates the programme with a vengeance so I promised I wouldn't watch this time and apart from about ten minutes when I was flicking channels I've stuck to that and am not missing it at all. Once you get past the first few days it's easy. In fact, now I can really see why people don't like it. Not least because the contestants are such desperate wannabees and it is so incredibly manipulated. But hey, that never stopped me before.......

Anyway, I came on here to see how the ratings were doing and have got waylaid......better go before I get sucked in and addicted once more!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomDaOne wrote: »
    A friend of mine has, like you chosen to just not watch at all. I say good on you JonDoe. :D

Thanks for the support. :)

It wasn't really a choice. I had everything ready for launch night as I do every year. Six pack in the fridge, nibbles in the cupboard, my get-out-of-baby-duty-in-the-morning card stamped by the missus.

Got sat down, opened a cold can of beer, and waiting excitedly for the new opening credits.

Then I watched the first fifteen minutes and suddenly thought, 'what am I doing?' :confused:

I'll keep you posted........Go on, it makes a change from all the 'Alex is Satan Incarnate!' threads.........Whoever Alex is. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That or a slavering wreck with the shakes. :D

Most likely. :D

Cheers Scarlet. :)
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched just 20 minutes of highlights.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not gone cold turkey this year but if BB some how fix it for Asbo Alex the Dictator to stay in I will sure be turning off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MollieM wrote: »
    Anyway, I came on here to see how the ratings were doing and have got waylaid......better go before I get sucked in and addicted once more!

Good idea Moliie.

See you tomorrow for another thrilling installment........Or maybe I'll cave in tomorrow. Who knows?

See, this is already gripping stuff. :cool:
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about it. :D

I can't wait. :D