Options

Dales Disaster - Who Will Die? Place Your Bets

Comments

• Options
    Shelly456Shelly456 Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete
    I really wish Adam would survive. Mainly because I can't watch Aaron cry solidly for the next year.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alicia
    Petes definitely a goner :p

James escaped didn't he >:(
  • Options
    Shelly456Shelly456 Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete
    I do t think they'll kill more then one Barton son and apparently Pete has a really dark and depressing storyline in the aftermath of all this according to Anthony Quinlans interview so odds are its Adam which is a bit of a loss as I thought he had farrow potential then Pete. I can't see where Pete can go now that he and Debbie are done and I certainly have no interest in watching him and Ross have the same fight over and over.

I really hope it's not Finn either because he's brilliant..
  • Options
    shepster34shepster34 Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val
    My two centa....

I dont think adam will die. I think he will be blamed for the fire and being so drunk he wont be able to deny it...... I also think him and vanessa are safe due to the big father reveal that we still havent had yet. vanessa is also still in early pregnancy so it cant be a mum dies but baby survives senario either.

Im predicting ruby and one of the bartons (not Ross as im sure he was still quite a bit away from the village).

obviously Val is leaving so she will either also really die or use this as a way to put her fake death into action. telling Diane is a bit of a confusing storyline unless Diane dies and takes knowing the plan with her. My thoughts are that maybe Vals fake death plan was revealed so her real death is more ironic.

Now Debbie is really pregnant she may have decided to leave to look after the kids and maybe the big surpriise death.

They may kill one of the older cast like Sandy or Pearl, but with Betty only just leaving i dont think they will. With older cast members its quite feasible that they die of natural causes where younger members are usually killed off in these kind of tragedies so im more inclined to think they will be ok. maybe saving Sandy is how Ruby dies.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Other
    It's not looking good for Ruby. The helicopter wing knocked her straight out. There was no point to her even being in the building when it was mainly the Dingles, Bartons and their satellites... hence why Dan ran in so that Ruby can have someone to talk to in her dying moments.

It's not looking at all good for Finn and my heart is already breaking for poor dear Val.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Lachlan
    My death predictions based on tonights episode

Pilot and Co-Pilot - 100% certain they are dead

Ruby - 90% certain - made a point of showing her entering the Village Hall at last minute for no real reason and getting hit square in chest by a support beam.

Dan - 75% certain - he ran in at the last minute and could be that he dies a hero.

Joanie - 60% certain - point made that she was going to leave with the kids but Belle left instead after Zak insisted. Zak and Belle would blame themselves for death.

Val - 50% certain - Di and Eric will be expecting her to fake her death and if she does an Archie and is vaporised her body will not be found fuelling their speculation.

Finn - 0% certain but we need a surprise death and he is the most expendable of the Bartons.

Debbie (or Pete) - 100% certain to survive following the 'Will Debbie Die?' Spoilers that have been released but on may suffer a (temporary) paralysis forcing the other one to decide whether to stay in a love-less marriage or walk away
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other
    My Bets are:

1. Wendy a.k.a. Brenda
    2. Alicia
    3. Val (Will use the disaster to fake her death)
    4. Rachel
    5. Rhonna

My two are two of yours, Val and Rachel (not on the poll). Val was making a great thing about her death, and it would be a 'surprise' if she were killed off and her eulogy used......
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People inside the building:

Aaron, Chas, Debbie, Pete, Joanie, Marlon, Dan, Cain, Moira, Finn, Ruby, Victoria, Kerry, Andy, Zak... Not sure if I've missed anyone?

Of those I'd say Joanie, Dan, Finn and Ruby are at risk.

To the FM who said Kerry wasn't there, she was. She's stood next to Victoria and says "aw, first dance, I hope they do something upbeat" just as Chas and Andy get back with the dongle.

Rhona left the building chasing after April, and I think the whole Marlon/Rhona scene was an excuse to get April out of the building rather than Rhona's final goodbye - all the kids were taken away throughout the day, so I think Rhona will be fine.

Val and Diane stuck in the Mirror Maze which will probably collapse from the explosion... Val dies, or takes the opportunity to fake her own death and disappears.

Edna and Pearl going away is too convenient; Sandy will die, somehow.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    I've heard that Val 'dies' but we see her later in the week leaving the country. Everyone will believe she has perished, but only the audience will know that she has faked her death.
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't think we will see that many people die because of the stunt (a maximum of 3, maybe the pilot too?) however I do think that we will get a lot more special effects this week, we will see many storylines after the disaster because of it and many twists and turns along the way this week.

I also think we might get a very community based feel, people being there from the village to rescue people and help people escape before the emergency services even arrive. I remember when a Home Farm van rolled into the shop trapping Doug, Leyla and Ryan and even though none of them died, I thought it was great how a lot of the village got together to make a plan of escape.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I was wondering why the ridiculous storyline of Val faking her own death but it could be that she really dies and her body is not found for some reason and the people she has told about her crazy scheme think she has carried out her plan. In a way that could be a clever idea because she would have left after being supposedly killed off but could come back at a later date if she wished because she really had faked it. It just seems she has become a caricature of herself in these latest ridiculous storylines.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other
    I had to rewind to see who got whacked but I couldn't make out. Thanks for making it clear it was Ruby. Does not sound good at all. That would of smashed her inside, likely leading her lungs to fill up with blood, i assume.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Lachlan
    My death predictions based on tonights episode

Pilot and Co-Pilot - 100% certain they are dead

Ruby - 90% certain - made a point of showing her entering the Village Hall at last minute for no real reason and getting hit square in chest by a support beam.

Dan - 75% certain - he ran in at the last minute and could be that he dies a hero.

Joanie - 60% certain - point made that she was going to leave with the kids but Belle left instead after Zak insisted. Zak and Belle would blame themselves for death.

Val - 50% certain - Di and Eric will be expecting her to fake her death and if she does an Archie and is vaporised her body will not be found fuelling their speculation.

Finn - 0% certain but we need a surprise death and he is the most expendable of the Bartons.

Debbie (or Pete) - 100% certain to survive following the 'Will Debbie Die?' Spoilers that have been released but on may suffer a (temporary) paralysis forcing the other one to decide whether to stay in a love-less marriage or walk away
  • Options
    FaggyFaggy Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I know it may mean nothing and some names have probably deliberately been held back but the Radio Times cast list for next week doesn't include
    Aaron, Cain, Debbie, Val, Ross or Ruby

As I said, it may mean nothing.

I also wonder if the lifeless body being bundled into the boot of a car isn't actually dead but is someone being taken to be held hostage.
    I could certainly see a couple of characters doing that sort of thing.
  • Options
    ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Inside Soap, under the sneak peak at next week section (Unless fake spoiler) -

Joanie raises Zak's suspicions about Sam and Rachel
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm thinking Alicia, Joanie (why else bring her back?) and Finn.

Also, the big fuss about whether she was coming to the wedding or not. First she wasn't going, then she was.
    She's at that reception for a reason.
  • Options
    CoroDaleEndersCoroDaleEnders Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Other
    Joanie
    Rhona
    Ruby
    Finn
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val
    Called Val and Adam right from the start, I'll stick with it.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    90 posters think Alicia will die - she's not even in the village :D
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn
    90 posters think Alicia will die - she's not even in the village :D

They didn't know that when they voted :p
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »

But she wasn't even in the village when they voted :p;-):D
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn

No but the trailer was misleading.

I still don't understand why she was in it.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    I've heard that Val 'dies' but we see her later in the week leaving the country. Everyone will believe she has perished, but only the audience will know that she has faked her death.

I think Val using this opportunity to fake her own death is typical Val. I hope they leave her death ambiguous, and then they show her living it up to the viewers in a few months, after lots of turmoil from Diane and Eric. Rather that than her actually dying.
    star89 wrote: »

People are still naming her as a potential victim after last nights episode, though :D
  • Options
    MavisConsuelaMavisConsuela Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val
    Alicia, David, Rakesh, Priya and Kirin are all in the trailer but no sign of them yet. There is obviojsly so much more to come. FWIW I reckon it's a massacre and Adam, Dan, Joanie, Alicia, James and Ruby are all gone - Val faking her death.
  • Options
    MavisConsuelaMavisConsuela Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val
    Having said that - Val, Sandy, Kerry, Finn, James and Emma are not in the trailer. Maybe there's something in that?