Concert query

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't know whether you'll be able to understand this because it's hard to word but basically, what would I need to do if I wanted to go and watch a concert in America but I wanted to purchase the tickets here?

Comments

• PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I presume so.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to the website that sells the tickets, buy them, book a plane ticket, book a hotel ticket, and make sure you've got the time off work to go. Also make sure you know how you'll get from the airport to the hotel, and the hotel to the venue.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I don't know whether you'll be able to understand this because it's hard to word but basically, what would I need to do if I wanted to go and watch a concert in America but I wanted to purchase the tickets here?

You could probably do it. You might have to go to the band/artist's website and click on the venue want to go to. I've never done this before, but I hope this helps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    You could probably do it. You might have to go to the band/artist's website and click on the venue want to go to. I've never done this before, but I hope this helps.

What do you mean, probably?

You buy the tickets the same way you buy any other ticket. I don't understand the problem here.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Psychosis wrote: »
    What do you mean, probably?

You buy the tickets the same way you buy any other ticket. I don't understand the problem here.

Just saying that because I've never been to a concert in a different country before...

that's all.

:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely you just go to ticketmaster.com and buy the tickets like normal? The prices will be in dollars but you'll be charged in pounds.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzBrown wrote: »
    Surely you just go to ticketmaster.com and buy the tickets like normal? The prices will be in dollars but you'll be charged in pounds.

This. Or if you're using another ticket site just check they ship internationally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and I wasn't sure whether they would need to be dollars like when you buy some things from US sites! Thanks fo the help some of you but I don't understand why the majority of users on this site have to be so condescending!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it will be dollars - they will charge it to your account in dollars, which will be taken out in the relative amount of pounds.

It really is as simple as "go to the website and click 'buy'", which is why I'm baffled and yes, pehraps condescending. It's no different to me to someone saying "how do I buy clothes?"

Ah, one more thing. If they don't ship internationally you may need to collect it from the box office.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Ah, one more thing. If they don't ship internationally you may need to collect it from the box office.

And in the US, box office collection is referred to as "Will Call" ;)
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and have fun!

Who are hoping to go and see?