Options

Does tmobiles full monty plan 'unlimited internet' really mean that?

2»

Comments

• Options
    old bill2old bill2 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not in a position to comment officially as I deal with more of the Orange side of the business. However, for what it's worth, I'm looking forward to getting my new phone on The Full Monty next week (iPhone 4S) and will be more than happy with 3.8MBit if that's the highest it goes, because quite frankly that's more speed than I'll need on a mobile phone. :)

If your moving over to T-Mobile for data. Then it looks like the chances of us left on Orange getting any decent data offerings any time soon are very slim.
  • Options
    Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ajh94 wrote: »
    I do happen to agree with denyo1977... Whether the speed is needed or not its the fact that T-Mobile are capping everyone in the first place, and lying about it! They also said it was a mistake! As denyo said I do appreciate your contribution but it's still not right they are lying to their p[aying customers. Also you say you don't need the speed but everyone's uses are different, 1.8 isnt good for downloading because I used to be capped at that and the fact they are capping the upload at about half a meg is not good at all. If Orange can give speeds of like 7meg why can't T-Mobile.

Indeed.

I just don't trust T-Mobile's data network because of these caps.
    old bill2 wrote: »
    If your moving over to T-Mobile for data. Then it looks like the chances of us left on Orange getting any decent data offerings any time soon are very slim.

Maybe he prefers T-Mobile's "budget" nature? Although I'd have thought he gets some sort of discount from Orange...
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    To be fair, one of the reasons I am moving from Voda to T-Mobile is the fact I now have a usable 3G T-Mobile signal (I have poor to no coverage on Orange 2/3G or T-Mobile 2G indoors where I live) due to a local boozer having a T-M 3G site installed on the roof! Also the new Full Monty plan with u/l data may have something to do with it :)

Discount? We get a small discount ;)
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I agree with Plymouth that it must be unintentional as i've seen fairly tasty speeds on Full Monty.
  • Options
    SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, one of the reasons I am moving from Voda to T-Mobile is the fact I now have a usable 3G T-Mobile signal (I have poor to no coverage on Orange 2/3G or T-Mobile 2G indoors where I live) due to a local boozer having a T-M 3G site installed on the roof! Also the new Full Monty plan with u/l data may have something to do with it :)

Discount? We get a small discount ;)

Plymouth again I value your contribution but support AJH and Dennis. You do play the " why do you want that fast speed on a mobile"
    I am on the full monty and also capped at 3.8 Mbps. Although t mobile say the I am not, I am. Secondly how about the people that purchased the full monty because they don't have broadband at home and want to tether, you're saying heat thy should be restricted to speeds of 3.8 Mbps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok fair play. Has anyone actually done a speediest on the handset and then done another test immediately after using tethering? They may use a different APN like Orange do for tethering that may offer a higher speed.

Not throwing the cat amongst the pigeons - I'm truly interested...
  • Options
    SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok fair play. Has anyone actually done a speediest on the handset and then done another test immediately after using tethering? They may use a different APN like Orange do for tethering that may offer a higher speed.

Not throwing the cat amongst the pigeons - I'm truly interested...

Yes mate. The most I can get is 3.8 either way. Which is frustrating when I am trying to tether.

I would be really grateful if you could find out why some full monty customers are capped and some aren't

Many Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmmmm interesting......