Options

Orphan Black - UK Pace *NO SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Has another thread started about this program, this one is oddly silent.
    No Soccer mom in leggings so far (part 7) hope she makes an appearance in part 8.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! :eek:

K
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that was a cliffhanger and a half!

I've reviewed both tonight's episodes in one here - can't wait for next week!

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/25/orphan-black-episodes-7-and-8-parts-developed-in-an-unusual-manner-and-entangled-bank-4155371/
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member

9 pages for 8 episodes of a show on BBC3 is pretty good.

2 great episodes tonight - what a cliffhanger to end on :eek:
  • Options
    freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    9 pages for 8 episodes of a show on BBC3 is pretty good.

2 great episodes tonight - what a cliffhanger to end on :eek:

Certainly, I didn't see that coming!
    Shame there are only two more episodes :cry:

But they are making a second series/season :D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    No Soccer mom in leggings so far (part 7) hope she makes an appearance in part 8.
    Great appearance in ep 8...revenge with the Husband - but is Aynsley a monitor.

Cosima getting close to Delphine, the spy - and the cops getting closer to the Clones....will be interesting when they bump into Helena.

The Tail...:eek:
    And Kira....:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't know where this is going to go now, it's a fun ride though.
    Art's hot on the trail, I'd think he could be trusted to keep schtum if/when Sarah tells him the full story, how he'd keep his boss and partner out of it, is another matter.
    It looks like Leekie isn't the part of the organisation that created the clones, they've just stumbled across them IMO.
    There really should have been numerous Doctors and Government types flapping around yerman with the tail, I suppose they've (the writers) got enough going on without bringing them into it.

I'm guessing series 2 could be tracking back to Brixton and the Clones underground railroad.

Right, who was the woman (civilian/phone shooting that Beth shot) part of Leekie's group or the Clone killers (Helena's) group?
  • Options
    PerfectMarkPerfectMark Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Don't know where this is going to go now, it's a fun ride though.
    Art's hot on the trail, I'd think he could be trusted to keep schtum if/when Sarah tells him the full story, how he'd keep his boss and partner out of it, is another matter.
    It looks like Leekie isn't the part of the organisation that created the clones, they've just stumbled across them IMO.
    There really should have been numerous Doctors and Government types flapping around yerman with the tail, I suppose they've (the writers) got enough going on without bringing them into it.

I'm guessing series 2 could be tracking back to Brixton and the Clones underground railroad.

Right, who was the woman (civilian/phone shooting that Beth shot) part of Leekie's group or the Clone killers (Helena's) group?
    I don't see why, there are lots of people in real life that have that kind of thing done to them. The difference between what happens in real life and the show is they added a bit of genetic manipulation into the mix rather than it being purely surgical.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Where did Helena pick up the letter that gave her the address to the kid's house? I can't remember when she had access to Sarah's mail :confused:
  • Options
    rachpidrachpid Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Where did Helena pick up the letter that gave her the address to the kid's house? I can't remember when she had access to Sarah's mail :confused:

They swapped coats in the nightclub basement & it was in Sarah's coat pocket.

Also wondering about Felix - how come his laptop was tracing Sarah or did I miss something?
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    rachpid wrote: »
    They swapped coats in the nightclub basement & it was in Sarah's coat pocket.

Also wondering about Felix - how come his laptop was tracing Sarah or did I miss something?

Thanks, totally missed that!

I thought it was Paul's laptop monitoring Sarah? Via the tracking device that they put inside her the night she was operated on in her sleep.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they are making a second series/season :D

But will we see it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But will we see it?
    With BBC America one of the Production Companies behind it, I'm sure will see it over here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Thanks, totally missed that!

I thought it was Paul's laptop monitoring Sarah? Via the tracking device that they put inside her the night she was operated on in her sleep.

Tracking her via her car, that's why Paul told her to use his car later, that's how I read it, anyway.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the final two episodes. Moved the story on to a good point, nice cliff-hanger (if a little predictable) and sets up plotlines for season two well.

I have to say bravo to Tatiana Maslany, whose performances have been consistently brilliant and subtle throughout, especially when playing one of the clones impersonating one of the others.

The effects work is deserving of a nod too - the three-hander with Sarah, Alison and Cosima all in Felix's flat in the final episode is smoothly handled (and not the first the show has delivered), with the characters' movements and sight lines seamlessly co-ordinated despite the fact that one or other of them is moving almost constantly throughout the scene. Throughout the series scenes involving multiple clones have been handled deftly and shot in a 'difficult' way, rather than the usual solution of using doubles or ensuring the actress stands virtually still or never crosses her opposite's space.

Looking forward to season two. Orphan Black hasn't always been consistent throughout these ten episodes, but it's been lots of fun and when it's good, it's excellent.

Here's my final review:

http://slouchingtowardstv.com/2013/11/01/orphan-black-s1-ep910/
  • Options
    freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly left it on a cliff hanger, and in a way many of the questions have been left unanswered. If anything it just opens up a lot more questions. The one question is why of why do UK viewers have to wait forever for the DVD/Bluray in the US it was released 6 weeks after the final episode, here it is 9 and a half months later, why BBC why? And bring on season 2 and I'm guessing 3 too!
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,714
    Forum Member
    why BBC why?
    They won't have a clue. It's BBC Worldwide you will need to ask :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    They won't have a clue. It's BBC Worldwide you will need to ask :)

Perhaps they could answer WHYNO REPEATS? Series linked and watched final double bill, ep 10 must have overrun as cut out so, after a long day and struggling to stay wake, still missed the ending as sky+ comes upas " end of programme"...AGH
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they could answer WHYNO REPEATS? Series linked and watched final double bill, ep 10 must have overrun as cut out so, after a long day and struggling to stay wake, still missed the ending as sky+ comes upas " end of programme"...AGH

Can't you watch on iPlayer?
  • Options
    wrighty694wrighty694 Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Really, really enjoyed this series (i ended up watching the second half of the series in a day.....i have spent worse days haha), full of invention, wit and suspense (and Matt Frewer is never a let down for me :D) so glad to hear there's a continuation in the pipeline!
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    A great end to a great first season but I hope we don't have to wait until September 2014 for season 2 as it shown in the US in April 2014

Although I think that might be the case with the first season not out on DVD/Blu Ray until the 11th August 2014 as that would make sense to release it then just before BBC3 show season 2!
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    If there's no word on BBC3 showing season 2 by the time it starts in the US I think most people will just download it. Still can't find anything regarding the ratings.

Anyway, the final 2 episodes were very good. Sorry to see the back of Helena....feel they could have kept her off-screen for a while instead of killing her. The twist about Allison's husband being her observer and Mrs S being shady were pretty obvious, but I cant really fault the first season. Looking forward to more next year :)
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,714
    Forum Member
    No it didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it didn't.

If you got cut short get_iplayer.
    Downloaded both and will keep until the new season, I'll have forgotten what happened by then any way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The effects work is deserving of a nod too - the three-hander with Sarah, Alison and Cosima all in Felix's flat in the final episode is smoothly handled (and not the first the show has delivered), with the characters' movements and sight lines seamlessly co-ordinated despite the fact that one or other of them is moving almost constantly throughout the scene. Throughout the series scenes involving multiple clones have been handled deftly and shot in a 'difficult' way, rather than the usual solution of using doubles or ensuring the actress stands virtually still or never crosses her opposite's space.
    Loved that scene.

Great end on Friday to a little Gem of a series.....How Tatiana Maslany kept up with all her Characters, I don't, 'who am I this morning'.

Pleased Kira is OK - some kind of 'superpowers'.;)
    Loved the intervention group with Alison...:D - and the Waste Disposal death.:eek:....wrong one.

Plus Victor at a Help Group.:(
    Bloody cough...:(