House of Cards Drama Channel 12th July

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,500
Forum Member
The Drama Channel will be repeating the original HoC starring the brilliant Ian Richardson next Saturday from 7pm. It's going to be shown all in one go so I'll be setting the Sky box to record :) Superb series and superb acting!

Comments

• james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great news I love the original are they showing just house of cards or the whole trilogy aswell?
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,500
    Forum Member
    james_W85 wrote: »
    great news I love the original are they showing just house of cards or the whole trilogy aswell?

I'm not sure, but I assume it will be the trilogy. It just has to be :)
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I've got this ready to record. 4 episodes one after the other. Good old Drama channel, they are pulling some goodies out of the hat including the recent various Minette Walters adaptations. Intrigued what they may show next.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also on Netflix along with the Kevin Spacey remake :)
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first part of the trilogy on Netflix. Fantastic television.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also on Netflix along with the Kevin Spacey remake :)

the Kevin spacey version is actually really good if you haven't watched it yet I recommend it highly
    Forum Member
    suesuesue wrote: »
    Yes I've got this ready to record. 4 episodes one after the other. Good old Drama channel, they are pulling some goodies out of the hat including the recent various Minette Walters adaptations. Intrigued what they may show next.

I enjoyed The Ice House and The Sculptress, my signal kept going wrong when 'The Scold's Bridal' was on but I've since bought the dvd so I'm looking forward to watching that :) I missed The Dark Room the week before though and I notice they missed one of the adaptations out which was 'The Echo.'

I absolutely love House of Cards. Ian Richardson was wonderful, totally believable and delicously nasty in the role as the dastardly Francis Urquhart. Great casting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed The Ice House and The Sculptress, my signal kept going wrong when 'The Scold's Bridal' was on but I've since bought the dvd so I'm looking forward to watching that :) I missed The Dark Room the week before though and I notice they missed one of the adaptations out which was 'The Echo.'

I absolutely love House of Cards. Ian Richardson was wonderful, totally believable and delicously nasty in the role as the dastardly Francis Urquhart. Great casting!
    Ian R and his direct smirk to camera or raised eyebrow was classic. So looking forward to it. What with HoC and Edge of Darkness being shown on BBC4 we are being spoiled!

Enjoyed all the Minette Walters adaptations tho found a massive spoiler in the cast list after the first episode of a The Dark Room but that's another story :)
    Forum Member
    Ian R and his direct smirk to camera or raised eyebrow was classic. So looking forward to it. What with HoC and Edge of Darkness being shown on BBC4 we are being spoiled!

Enjoyed all the Minette Walters adaptations tho found a massive spoiler in the cast list after the first episode of a The Dark Room but that's another story :)

Yes, I love his smirk to camera and also when he says his infamous line...... :D

Was 'The Dark Room' worth watching? I looked at the dvd on Amazon and it doesn't look as good as TS, TIH and TSB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I love his smirk to camera and also when he says his infamous line...... :D

Was 'The Dark Room' worth watching? I looked at the dvd on Amazon and it doesn't look as good as TS, TIH and TSB.
    I enjoyed it (spoiler withstanding) but I like Dervla Kirwan. I expect it will be repeated soon. The Sculptress is the beet of all tho.

Notice that The Long Firm followed by State of Play take up the remaining July weekends on Drama. All good stuff :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it (spoiler withstanding) but I like Dervla Kirwan. I expect it will be repeated soon. The Sculptress is the beet of all tho.

Notice that The Long Firm followed by State of Play take up the remaining July weekends on Drama. All good stuff :)

not complaining because it's still brilliant but drama showed state of play about 2 months ago couldn't they have chose something different
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Two of the best drama series ever!

I've loved watching the repeats of Sharpe. I'd forgotten how good it was, especially the early episodes.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Superb series and superb acting!

You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment

:D Love it!
    Forum Member

Yes, if they're showing State of Play again they might repeat The Dark Room. I'd like to see it.

I thought they might show To Play the King and The Final Cut though :( Hopefully we'll get them in August!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, if they're showing State of Play again they might repeat The Dark Room. I'd like to see it.

I thought they might show To Play the King and The Final Cut though :( Hopefully we'll get them in August!

I was hoping they would show the full trilogy aswell it makes no sense to just show the first part
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically an intelligent version of Mrs Brown's Boys
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I watched the whole trilogy just last month on DVD, it was a good as I remembered.
    Forum Member
    james_W85 wrote: »
    I was hoping they would show the full trilogy aswell it makes no sense to just show the first part

I agree, it's pointless showing a third of a trilogy! I thought they'd be showing the trilogy over the next few weeks. Hopefully the other two thirds will follow at some point :) I remember Yesterday showed the trilogy a few years back, must be at least four years ago, maybe more.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    It was a great bit of drama, i might need to watch this again, i have no memory of what happens any more, just the power of the acting i remember.

I might watch this again, then give the remake a go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    It was a great bit of drama, i might need to watch this again, i have no memory of what happens any more, just the power of the acting i remember.

I might watch this again, then give the remake a go.

you definitely should try the Kevin spacey remake it's brilliant, cannot fault the acting at all, I would say it's as good if not better in some parts than the original
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member

Mrs Brown's Boys and House of Cards with Ian Richardson are nothing like each other in any sense of the word.

Different leagues? More like different planets!
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member

Eh????

edit - just realised did you mean because of the playing to the camera?
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never seen House of Cards but I do know about it and my mother told me to watch as the late Ian Richardson is superb in it.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    I've loved watching the repeats of Sharpe. I'd forgotten how good it was, especially the early episodes.

*swoon* Sharpe really brightened up the Yesterday channel!