Comments

• sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River Belle, The maid, belle of the ball:D
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could well be, but that means that if Time Lords can change sex after a regeneration then it could also possibly be the Meddling Nun! ;-)

Although she's no looker, she's far more attractive then Peter Butterworth. :D
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incidently, how do you think a female Master would go down? Would people be angry? Or would they welcome the idea?

I wouldn't go so far as to say "angry" more "resigned" to another 30 years of people banging on about which actress should play the next Doctor with this as a justification.
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-08-23/doctor-who-who-is-missy
    But what about River, the Doctor’s wife? Now, bear with me, but remember when we first met River in Silence of the Library? When she died? Well, the Doctor saved her consciousness, (and a bunch of other astro-archaeologists) by downloading it into a planet sized-database. This postmortem data version of River actually psychically visited the Doctor in The Name of the Doctor. Could she have regenerated? Could the library – a massive, circular underworld- be the Nethersphere?

No. This theory is stupid and wrong. Fun to consider though.

It looks as thought Missy will turn out to be River, then :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    She definitely isn't a recycled River Song/Tasha Lem character - She doesn't have a "love' relationship with the Doctor - Listen to how she speaks - she's being delusional.

I am certainly open to the idea of her being the Master and The Promised Land being her TARDIS
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could also be the female version of the White/Black Guardian as well...

Be interesting to find out in any event...
  • fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    shes death last episode is called death in heaven
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    shes death last episode is called death in heaven

And Death's boyfriend is the Doctor.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UCOS_ wrote: »
    And we know Mary Poppins' bag is bigger on the inside...

Oooooh. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Missy made a robot version of The Doctor for her garden?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be a turn up for the books if Clara turned into River, I definitely would laugh.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River Song mentioned Netherspace back in series 5...'The Big Bang', could it be related to the Nethersphere? :o
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Misy isn'tt his "girlfreind" past,future or whatever. Please say she is just a crazy stalker type. Deluding herself that he is" hers" and he "loves" her. Plus the thought of Clara or even River showing up to sort her out is something I would like to see. If she really is building a fake "heaven" full of the doctors dispatched enemies. How are they going to stop her ?.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    River isn't in Series 8.

It's hard to tell at the moment whether Missy is friend or foe.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    River isn't in Series 8.

It's hard to tell at the moment whether Missy is friend or foe.

Missy is Thanos' niece.

Cue Doctor Who/Marvel Universe crossover! :D

(Winter Soldier wonders why Clara looks like his old GF, while the Doctor
    discovers Amy has turned blue, bald and bad).
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missy is Thanos' niece.

Cue Doctor Who/Marvel Universe crossover! :D

(Winter Soldier wonders why Clara looks like his old GF, while the Doctor
    discovers Amy has turned blue, bald and bad).

So what is the Ninth Doctor doing pretending to be Malekith?

:D

EDIT: ........ OMG, Andrew Garfield could be SPIDER-PIG :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dreamlord has also made his way into a computer
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    And Death's boyfriend is the Doctor.

Well, going back to the first episode Rose, Mark Benton's character did say '[The Doctor's] constant companion is Death'
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I do like his new accent though. I think I might keep it"

Just a throw away line from Missy at the end of the episode?

Speculation: It screams
    Dreamlord
    to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Missy is the valeyard? Idk..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Missy is the TARDIS :)
  • hajuahajua Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I think she's Miss E. E standing for the Doctor's other wife : Elizabeth I. As she looks different, its probably her Zygon doppelganger, who somehow survived and did that fugue state personality overwrite thing that happened to Jackson Lake in the Next Doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hajua wrote: »
    I think she's Miss E. E standing for the Doctor's other wife : Elizabeth I. As she looks different, its probably her Zygon doppelganger, who somehow survived and did that fugue state personality overwrite thing that happened to Jackson Lake in the Next Doctor.

Hasn't "The Next Doctor" been "unhappened" now?
  • jackjack1984jackjack1984 Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Looking at the episode titles or pictures officially released.
    There a lot of robots/cyborgs in this series; clockwork men, Daleks, Cybermen, robots of Sherwood, & an episode set in the future.

The clock work man still had his hat, yet it clearly fell to the floor.

Could Missy be saving a digital consciousness rather than the actual soul, with her plan to potentially download "digital souls" into other bodies or a joint contentiousness?

Completely unrelated , I'd like to see a villain that has faced the Dr before & won, but the Dr hasn't met yet. The Dr knowing he will lose the next time, no matter what he does now.

Valeyard related
    we did see a large explosion in the first half of the regeneration, could the valeyard have been created in that moment. "sometime between his 12th and final regeneration"

although I like the idea of the valeyard being the second 10th Dr whose trapped in another universe. now that would be a good multi Dr story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valeyard related
    we did see a large explosion in the first half of the regeneration, could the valeyard have been created in that moment. "sometime between his 12th and final regeneration"

although I like the idea of the valeyard being the second 10th Dr whose trapped in another universe. now that would be a good multi Dr story.

By not dying at Trenzalore the Doctor has changed his own future.

Until The Time Of The Doctor, the Eleventh Doctor WAS the final incarnation.

With that In mind, I personally think if the Valeyard is around as a separate entity, it would have to be because he escaped as a separate consciousness when the Ganger Doctor was created and the last time we saw him he was a bundle of nasty thoughts hiding in a pile of ganger gloop ;)