Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any idea if the girls are going to have any writing credits on this album? I did some searches on the publisher registrations and noticed that only 3 of the girls have a writing credit and that is on Me and My Girls (Camila, Normani and Ally).
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that they won that MTV Award is a huge deal, especially considering they're a girl band. On paper, they were not supposed to win that award!! They were up against people like 5 Seconds Of Summer and Sam Smith who let's be honest, everyone expected to win. Girl bands in America historically do not do well, so to win an MTV Award is a huge deal. The fact that it was an award voted by the fans makes it an even bigger deal...they obviously have a big fan base. I really hope that the album does well for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that they have a larger fanbase than 5sos or Sam. It's they have a commited and determined fanbase who basically were never not voting. Now it will twll how determined they are when the album drops I just wish they weren't so agressive over social media and would quit tryig to encourage a payola system with music....it's not the 90's/early 00's, it runs differently now.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    The fact that they won that MTV Award is a huge deal, especially considering they're a girl band. On paper, they were not supposed to win that award!! They were up against people like 5 Seconds Of Summer and Sam Smith who let's be honest, everyone expected to win. Girl bands in America historically do not do well, so to win an MTV Award is a huge deal. The fact that it was an award voted by the fans makes it an even bigger deal...they obviously have a big fan base. I really hope that the album does well for them.

Yes, it's great news. Especially in an era dominated by boybands. Their win marks the first group to win a VMA since 2008 and first female act to win Artist To Watch since 2009z

Sam Smith also took to Twitter to congratulate them.
    @samsmithworld: @FifthHarmony congratulations girls for winning the VMA!!!! Also I love that medley you did ages ago. Hoping you're all well x
    Forum Member
    Album: Reflection
    #24 Paraguay
    #43 Malta
    #54 Dominican Republic
    #57 Brazil
    #63 The Bahamas
    #69 Trinidad and Tobago
    #76 United States
    #78 Mozambique
    #83 Philippines
    #84 Dominican Republic
    #85 Paraguay
    #90 Mexico
    #90 Panama
    #90 Peru
    #91 Macau
    #92 Singapore
    #95 Slovenia
    #98 Ecuador
    #119 Ecuador
    #123 Nicaragua
    #129 Costa Rica
    #130 Costa Rica
    #133 Nicaragua
    #140 Peru
    #144 Cyprus
    #144 Malaysia
    #194 Nigeria

Still doing great on pre-orders
  • tj hazukitj hazuki Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think Going Nowhere should be the next single?
    Forum Member
    tj hazuki wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Going Nowhere should be the next single?

I wouldn't mind at all. I like both Reflection and Going Nowhere but if they have stronger material than those then they should choose a new track.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I think its safe to say BO$$ is done on Pop radio. Its gaining spins on Urban and Rhythmic though so we'll see what happens there. Its still managing to stay in the 55-65 range on itunes so there's that as well. Spotify increases have been pretty good and consistent. Not really sure what happened with Pop but despite its lack of support, BO$$ has yet to drop out of the Top 100 on itunes since its release. Its also improved each week on the Billboard Hot 100 other than its debut at #43. Its latest position on the chart is #64. Hopefully it'll take off on either Urban or Rhythmic. I know at least 25 Urban stations are playing it. Time will tell how this thing plays out but for now our attention has shifted to those 2 formats.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they gonna promote in other countries?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they gonna promote in other countries?

Well I remember correctly they are going to be still with Austin during his Brazil shows, so hopefully they are able to do a little promo down there. They are also apparently scheduled to travel to the UK, which I assume is for promo and a x factor spot which is great news. I just hope EPIC do all the right things for the US promo first.
    Forum Member
    I don't want them to come to the UK just yet I want them to take advantage of Latin America first. There's massive demand for them there.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I don't want them to come to the UK just yet I want them to take advantage of Latin America first. There's massive demand for them there.

Agree on this. They have the potential to be such a huge crossover act and have made such huge strides in Latin America already. That's always been one of my favourite things with their strategy, singing songs in two languages.
    Forum Member
    ^ Same, I think they're recording the album in spanish too.

Random but Cheryl just retweeted Camila - which is strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Fifth Harmony: 'It sucks when people try to create rivalry between us and other girl groups'

http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/FifthHarmony/view/114260/
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I don't think we get compared to something like that - if anything, it's the Spice Girls - but we don't hate that at all. What sucks is when people try to rival us with Little Mix and groups like that. They try to make it like a competition when, really, we're friends with the girls."

"The thing is, if we're trying to promote girl power and things like that, we're going to promote that with other groups, too. We're going to support everybody!"

If only a majority of Harmonizers would actually realize this instead of pinning them against each other or bashing LM!

I would LOVE to see 5H & LM joining forces to perform this mash-up on stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3L9CdYsgU

Bitches would be SLAYED!!!
  • luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    "I don't think we get compared to something like that - if anything, it's the Spice Girls - but we don't hate that at all. What sucks is when people try to rival us with Little Mix and groups like that. They try to make it like a competition when, really, we're friends with the girls."

"The thing is, if we're trying to promote girl power and things like that, we're going to promote that with other groups, too. We're going to support everybody!"

If only a majority of Harmonizers would actually realize this instead of pinning them against each other or bashing LM!

I would LOVE to see 5H & LM joining forces to perform this mash-up on stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3L9CdYsgU

Normally I would agree with you, but do you want to know how I even discovered LM in the first place? First they were never relevant in America back in 2012(They still aren't now but thats not the point) yet I found them. How? On the Anything can Happen video on the XF USA's channel I saw a bunch of European fans of this so called group Little Mix complaining and bashing 5H. I of course had no idea what a Little Mix so I did some research and that's how I discovered LM. So really this whole LM Vs 5H thing, was started by Mixers first. Harmonizers(In America) had no idea what a Little Mix was, so you cannot say they were the ones who started to pin 5H against LM.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What medley was Sam Smith refering to when he said he loved the medley they did?
    Forum Member
    What medley was Sam Smith refering to when he said he loved the medley they did?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v0p3hSMFB4c

This
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair it isn't just Harmonizers, Mixers do it too, but I think it all steams from the same age bracket where these "kids" aka anyone under 18 for sake of argument- just like to be the person who is supporting "the best" in that group, whether is be Girl Groups, boy bands, latest pop stars. I just wish the ones within this fad can realize that you can like who you like without being a complete bitch to the other side. The two groups are friendly with each other and have been since they meet, I know this group of fans (from both sides) hate to admit that they can both co-exist but they really can. First of all, they are groups based in two different countries, just because LM have semi made waves in the US doesn't make them a threat to 5H nor does 5H current rise do the same vice versa.

I just wish it was as easy for Girl Groups to gain respect as it very clearly is for boy bands, if there is anything that annoys me it's this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't see there being any problems with testing the waters with traveling to the UK even if it is just for when the album drops there + perform on the UK X Factor, but I think it would be more wise for them to head to Latin America too and put some real effort in there. More than one of the girls is bilingual so can get away doing decent promo there and translating for the girls who don't know. It could be a great trip for them if EPIC do it properly and have them traveling around, instead of just hitting one place (ie Brazil because they are opening for Austin.)

Also I would like these girls to get a little break before they start doing all the promo rounds and everything when the album drops. The last thing they want is for someone else to get hospitalized with exhaustion like Camila did. There is nothing wrong with striking while the iron is hot, but they need to let the girls rest a little, because overworking their vocals/selves will do them no justice.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Gotta love camila :)
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    I don't see there being any problems with testing the waters with traveling to the UK even if it is just for when the album drops there + perform on the UK X Factor, but I think it would be more wise for them to head to Latin America too and put some real effort in there. More than one of the girls is bilingual so can get away doing decent promo there and translating for the girls who don't know. It could be a great trip for them if EPIC do it properly and have them traveling around, instead of just hitting one place (ie Brazil because they are opening for Austin.)

Also I would like these girls to get a little break before they start doing all the promo rounds and everything when the album drops. The last thing they want is for someone else to get hospitalized with exhaustion like Camila did. There is nothing wrong with striking while the iron is hot, but they need to let the girls rest a little, because overworking their vocals/selves will do them no justice.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. They should have just played half the dates for the Austin tour - and what's worrying is I don't think the money that they're earning from this tour is going to them. I feel like this is another TLC and LA Reid issue all over again.

But the girls really need someone who knows how the business works to advise them on how to do what's best for them in terms of the business side of things.
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh my gosh, Camila is perfection, I really love her so much :blush:
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I just saw Bo$$ on the UK music channel, Starz.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's ridiculous. They should have just played half the dates for the Austin tour - and what's worrying is I don't think the money that they're earning from this tour is going to them. I feel like this is another TLC and LA Reid issue all over again.

But the girls really need someone who knows how the business works to advise them on how to do what's best for them in terms of the business side of things.
    If their management contacted Austin's people and asked for 5H to be on the tour then Epic/Syco would've had to pay for the girls to have to opening slot, this thing usually happens more when acts don't share a label (like these two). If this is the case they would be seeing even less than if they were asked and being paid by Austin's people to be on the tour.

The artist will earn more from tours than studio albums which might be why 5H do it more consistently, but it's still not going to help them physically if they are getting sick and tired more often. They need a rest at some point because if they are just going to go straight from this tour into hardcore album promo the strain is going to push someone to crack and that is the last thing these girls deserve and need. I just hope there is someone there (doesn't at least one of their parents travel with them?) to put their foot down and say stop give them a rest or you will pay for it.