Options

Mail article on Ceri Rees

Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2039846/The-humiliation-Ceri-Rees-disturbed-die-hard-X-Factor-fans.html

If it's true that the producers beg her to come back and tell her that the judges are dying to see her, I feel very sad. :(

However I can't help thinking of the old adage that any publicity is good publicity and this latest controversy will only add to the show's popularity. Let's face it, the British public love a bit of bear-baiting; Jeremy Kyle is still going strong, after all.

:(

Comments

• Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is appalling if it's true. I think XF has often made some debatable decisions about who to screen in the past, and this year in particular they showed a number of people who were extremely nervous and distressed, which IMHO shouldn't have been shown. You'd think the programme's producers would have learnt something from the Shirleena episide last year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I don't know why they bothered showing the auditions on TV if it was all set up and manipulated.
    Does this mean that we have already seen the final 12 or are there others we have not seen from the televised auditions?
    By the way I think the judges this year are brilliant. I like them all.
    Ceri has had the last laugh. Good. I am glad that her exploitation has not gone unnoticed by the Great British Public.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I don't know why they bothered showing the auditions on TV if it was all set up and manipulated.
    Does this mean that we have already seen the final 12 or are there others we have not seen from the televised auditions?
    By the way I think the judges this year are brilliant. I like them all.
    Ceri has had the last laugh. Good. I am glad that her exploitation has not gone unnoticed by the Great British Public.

I hope there are others that we haven't yet seen, otherwise the live shows are going to be pretty dire. I've only seen a handful of potential winners, and one of those doesn't even make it to the lives, apparently. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2039846/The-humiliation-Ceri-Rees-disturbed-die-hard-X-Factor-fans.html

If it's true that the producers beg her to come back and tell her that the judges are dying to see her, I feel very sad. :(

However I can't help thinking of the old adage that any publicity is good publicity and this latest controversy will only add to the show's popularity. Let's face it, the British public love a bit of bear-baiting; Jeremy Kyle is still going strong, after all.

:(

I'm pretty sure it's true. I was explaining it to my Mum yesterday, who hadn't realised that applicants have several auditions in front of researchers/producers; hence by the time they get in front of the judges, the most vulnerable or deluded people think they're actually good at singing. She was really shocked.

It is like bear baiting, and as well as that, how many very good singers without sob stories/funny costumes/mental illnesses are turned away and don't get to sing in front of the judges?
  • Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why did any of her friends advise her not to appear on the show.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    This show is despicable, to be perfectly frank.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Have a question. Why are these Producers calling back these Bad Singers/Acts. If 11m are watching they are not going to change this. It will happen again next year.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is bad if it's all true, all coz the judges want a bit of laugh at her expense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    This is bad if it's all true, all coz the judges want a bit of laugh at her expense

Yes but nobody has forced her to appear on the show. i think after 3 times she should have known what she was letting herself in for. She could have said no
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but nobody has forced her to appear on the show. i think after 3 times she should have known what she was letting herself in for. She could have said no

Yes nobody forced her to come and yes she should have realised after 3 attempts what the situation is but maybe the producers might have paid her to come on, who knows? We don't know the ins and outs but if I was in her shoes I would give up after 3 attempts
  • Options
    Forum Member

:confused:

Have you read the article, specifically what her vocal coach/friend said?
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's true that the producers actually pursued her to audition, then it's disgusting. If people want to show up and make fools of themselves, that's fine, let them get on with it, but if they are actually chasing people in order to humiliate them, then it's inexcusable. Have X-Factor made any statement on this yet?
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Yes nobody forced her to come and yes she should have realised after 3 attempts what the situation is but maybe the producers might have paid her to come on, who knows? We don't know the ins and outs but if I was in her shoes I would give up after 3 attempts

To put it bluntly I'm not sure Ceri has that kind of capacity for reasoning. The article explains this.

She is a poor, sad widowed woman who isn't the brightest spark in the world and has been told by the producers of ITV's biggest show that the judges are 'dying to see her again'.

The whole point of the debacle is that she doesn't realise she's being exploited. :sleep:
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's in a rag, therefore it's bollocks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ordinarily I would agree but these are direct quotes from her vocal coach. There's nothing of the ' a friend of Ceri claimed' etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To put it bluntly I'm not sure Ceri has that kind of capacity for reasoning. The article explains this.

She is a poor, sad widowed woman who isn't the brightest spark in the world and has been told by the producers of ITV's biggest show that the judges are 'dying to see her again'.

The whole point of the debacle is that she doesn't realise she's being exploited. :sleep:

That is the sad reality of it all :(
    But we really don't know who is at fault here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit that I didn't bother reading it... but vocal coach???

WTH?????

The DM couldn't miss a bandwagon of outrage though could they, that would never do!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    It's in a rag, therefore it's bollocks.

When DS agrees with something the Daily Mail writes, it just shows how out of proportion it has become! Its funny how people believe whats in it too when it fits their agenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grenade wrote: »
    When DS agrees with something the Daily Mail writes, it just shows how out of proportion it has become! Its funny how people believe whats in it too when it fits their agenda.

Exactly!
  • Options
    DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A broken clock is right twice a day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but think who is exploiting her here? If it's true that it is her vocal coach who has provided the quotes, does the vocal coach not consider the service provided to be a tad exploitative? Who the hell takes money from somebody who clearly has little chance of being vocally talented? Did this vocal coach lead her to believe that she had improved in some way? Are the outraged really targeting the right people, or is the real point being missed?

Oh... and just to fit in... baaaaaaa!

Edit: I just scanned through the article, and while it clears up my questions about the vocal training... I don't buy it at all... the coach claims to have been dead set against her going back on, and it appears that the coach also stopped coaching her some time ago... but why did they take money in the first place? She never needed vocal coaching, she just needed telling not to bother. The coach is as guilty as anyone, if only for giving her hope in the first place.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The big difference here is that Ceri's audition is out there for all to see, so we don't have to take the word of a newspaper - we can watch it and judge for ourselves.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't actually blame the judges for this debacle. It is the producers who should be called to account. And by the producers I really mean Simon Cowell who is their boss after all.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    I can't help but think who is exploiting her here? If it's true that it is her vocal coach who has provided the quotes, does the vocal coach not consider the service provided to be a tad exploitative? Who the hell takes money from somebody who clearly has little chance of being vocally talented? Did this vocal coach lead her to believe that she had improved in some way? Are the outraged really targeting the right people, or is the real point being missed?

Oh... and just to fit in... baaaaaaa!

Edit: I just scanned through the article, and while it clears up my questions about the vocal training... I don't buy it at all... the coach claims to have been dead set against her going back on, and it appears that the coach also stopped coaching her some time ago... but why did they take money in the first place? She never needed vocal coaching, she just needed telling not to bother. The coach is as guilty as anyone, if only for giving her hope in the first place.

Doesn't it say somewhere the coach offered her free lessons?

I know what you mean though, I mentioned it on the other thread, that hopeless couple said they had lessons too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    A broken clock is right twice a day.

But you can't choose when it is/isn't right.