Options

Was the original Hallowe'en on last week?

Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
Forum Member
Just wondering as I couldn't see it anywhere and really wanted some old-school, slow-burning, subtle 70's creepiness.

The scene with Michael Myers standing in the middle of Laurie's washing line in the garden staring up at her bedroom was one of the best, scariest moments in cinema of that time.

Anyone know if it's on in the near future- doubtful though as Hallowe'en is over?

Comments

• Options
    ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may have been but i didn't see it on any of the freeview channels. Halloween 2 and 3 and 4 were all on though and Halloween H20 was still on Iplayer as of last night.

The original Halloween is not only the best of the Halloween series but also is arguably the best of the entire slasher sub-genre.
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't on satellite tv. First time it's not been on at Halloween for years. Wasn't the same without it:(
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the quintissential Halloween offering!!
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Zeus wrote: »
    It may have been but i didn't see it on any of the freeview channels. Halloween 2 and 3 and 4 were all on though and Halloween H20 was still on Iplayer as of last night.

The original Halloween is not only the best of the Halloween series but also is arguably the best of the entire slasher sub-genre.

Halloween 2 wasn't on and neither was Halloween.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I do know that the original Halloween played in the Showcase Cinemas in the UK. It had a small re-release just like The Shining had.
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant remember when this classic was last on Halloween night /?....i just put the DVD on !
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I do know that the original Halloween played in the Showcase Cinemas in the UK. It had a small re-release just like The Shining had.

Yeah that's why i'm thinking that this wasn't on this Halloween. Just like when Channel 4 didn't show "Titanic" on the 100th anniversary.