Options

please help! whats the name of the woman singing at the piano with jools holland ?

bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Last nights show? Really want to find out x

Comments

• Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    do you have a link?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on iPlayer. I just want to know for an elderly friend who loved her.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she a black woman? Could've been Ruby Turner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's an episode guide

Joining Jools in the studio are Welsh rock and rollers Manic Street Preachers, who return with songs from their latest album 'Rewind The Film'. This sees the band trade their electric guitars for a more stripped back sound.

Following the colossal success of his self-titled debut LP, 19-year-old Nottingham troubadour and Mercury Prize nominee Jake Bugg returns to Later with new tunes from his up coming Rick Rubin produced second album, 'Shangri La'.

Ahead of the release of their second LP, critically acclaimed Minnesota indie quintet Poliça make their anticipated return to the studio. From Texas, new star of country music Kacey Musgraves will be performing a track from her album 'Same Trailer Different Park'. Also in the studio, originally from Northampton and now based in London, VV Brown returns to the show with tracks from her 'Samson & Delilah' LP. Completing the line up is French-American singer Cécile McLorin Salvant, who has been described as 'an extraordinary revelation of contemporary vocal jazz'.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cécile McLorin Salvant, apparently - the episode's on BBC iPlayer, and she's about 10 minutes in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03d53m3/Later..._with_Jools_Holland_Series_43_Episode_4/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on iPlayer. I just want to know for an elderly friend who loved her.

So, if you knew it was on iPlayer, why didn't you skip through and find her? I'm not being pugnacious (or not trying to be), but it would have been easy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I'm on my mobile, not a laptop
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    do you mean v v brown?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I'm on my mobile, not a laptop

Ah I see - sorry! I forgot about being able to see stuff on mobiles. :o
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Relly wrote: »
    So, if you knew it was on iPlayer, why didn't you skip through and find her? I'm not being pugnacious (or not trying to be), but it would have been easy.

Just replying because you used 'pugnacious' in a post. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe. Should I be feeling embarrassed? :D:o