Options

Is Nicholas falling under the radar?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
Forum Member
✭✭
At the start of the live shows I was really impressed by him but as the weeks have gone on I've found his performances too safe and a bit forgettable. He'll clearly get far in the competition as he has all the Scottish community voting for him but I can't see him winning anymore.

Comments

• Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    This is what I've been saying too. He's been giving good vocal performances, but he's starting to become a bit forgettable. He didn't dominate this theme which played to his strengths really.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    his performances are dull :sleep:
  • Options
    ChelseaaKylexChelseaaKylex Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree, he was kind of my second favourite behind Luke but as the weeks go on I haven't actually enjoyed his performances and even question if he's one of my favourites? I think it's a shame because he has a beautiful voice
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. He has a lovely voice but he does nothing for me. Also this really should have been his week to shine but he was good but it wasn'tt he "moment" I was expecting.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    At the start of the live shows I was really impressed by him but as the weeks have gone on I've found his performances too safe and a bit forgettable. He'll clearly get far in the competition as he has all the Scottish community voting for him but I can't see him winning anymore.

Oh FFS - no they aren't. :mad: I do not know a single Scot voting for him. Other Scots on here cannot stand him. So please stop spouting this garbage.

It may be a shock but some ENGLISH people like him
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the impression he is comfortable with his song choices, most weeks he hasn't even heard of the songs. He said he didn't want to do the song that was chosen for him this week. Is Louis making him do these songs or is he too young to speak up about what he wants to do?
    I feel he is making it through at the moment based on the fan base he built up early in the show, but he is becoming more forgettable and as contestants leave and others fan bases grow he could be in trouble.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has the Scottish vote like Leon before him.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed there is no such thing now as a significant scottish vote. It's multiple cultural and diverse just like England
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Oh FFS - no they aren't. :mad: I do not know a single Scot voting for him. Other Scots on here cannot stand him. So please stop spouting this garbage.

I agree I hate the assumption that because there is a Scottish act everyone in Scotland votes for them. I'm Scottish, and I like Nicholas but he isn't my favourite and I wouldn't vote for him and I don't know anyone who is voting for him.

I never vote for an act because of where they come from, and I expect a lot of Nicholas's votes are coming from outwith Scotland.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis is doing a bad job with the song choices for Nicholas. I hope he sorts that out soon because right now I feel his chances are being scuppered.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Louis is doing a bad job with the song choices for Nicholas. I hope he sorts that out soon because right now I feel his chances are being scuppered.

Didn't he say in week one, he thought Nicholas would be the oy who would go the furthest in the competition, or somethin like that? If this is the case, why is he getting the worst song choices out of the boys? It is odd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    OP i agree with you, His song choices are not helping him at all he seems to just go along with it, his voice which is fantastic is the only bonus point coming off and personally found this week as his weakest performance, maybe the reason to call him last to say " Up your game"

He is talented just needs to come out of his shell now :)
    and Scottish votes I think im over the fact that no scotland dosent just vote for Nicholas :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't he say in week one, he thought Nicholas would be the oy who would go the furthest in the competition, or somethin like that? If this is the case, why is he getting the worst song choices out of the boys? It is odd.

Complacency, maybe?

Or possibly he's just bad at seeing what's good about someone, and bad at listening to his contestants. He seems to only think in terms of such and such is like a little so and so, so he tries to fit Nicholas into the cute baby Buble template, thinking 'ah, I know, this'll get the mums voting.

It's really annoying as Nicholas showed at the Arena and bootcamp auditions that not only does he have a beautiful voice, but he can really communicate feeling and emotion with grit and conviction when he's singing songs he wants to sing. He's not getting the opportunity to shine as he should at all. I'm actually starting to wonder if he's being nobbled.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I liked him to begin with but recently he's been a bit samey?
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicholas is a good example of why it's not all about the voice or even likeability. You have to have star quality and the X Factor which is about putting a song across and connecting. I think he's becoming the third obvious finalist who might have done better by waiting to be more experienced. This week he should have knocked it out the park. I love his voice but he performed like a talent show contestant, not a star. Sam B performed like a star. Waiting for years has boosted her, not eliminated her.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why everyone was making a big thing out of him to begin with. His voice screams pub singer and he has zero star quality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complacency, maybe?

Or possibly he's just bad at seeing what's good about someone, and bad at listening to his contestants. He seems to only think in terms of such and such is like a little so and so, so he tries to fit Nicholas into the cute baby Buble template, thinking 'ah, I know, this'll get the mums voting.

It's really annoying as Nicholas showed at the Arena and bootcamp auditions that not only does he have a beautiful voice, but he can really communicate feeling and emotion with grit and conviction when he's singing songs he wants to sing. He's not getting the opportunity to shine as he should at all. I'm actually starting to wonder if he's being nobbled.

He said on Xtra Factor he didn't like the song so he can voice his opinion just wish he stood his ground and did something he enjoyed think it's time someone sacked their mentor
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that the point since he's not the target winner?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    he will win the show , im pretty sure of it !!
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the start they were making a big thing out of him but as the weeks have gone on, he's just turned into another filler contestant and it's all about Sam and tameera. It's a shame and I think it's down to bad song choices as he seems to be getting less confident as time goes on. Hope he gets a song that is younger and plays to his strengths soon although to me, they'd be as we'll calling it the Sam Bailey Show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's letting him sail along on the back "He's cute boy and only 16." He can sing ok but Louis is being careful to give him songs well within his capabilities, and therefore it's all much the same! If he has to go toe to toe with either Sam B or Tamera he may be shown up a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the start they were making a big thing out of him but as the weeks have gone on, he's just turned into another filler contestant and it's all about Sam and tameera. It's a shame and I think it's down to bad song choices as he seems to be getting less confident as time goes on. Hope he gets a song that is younger and plays to his strengths soon although to me, they'd be as we'll calling it the Sam Bailey Show.

They do seem to be doing everything they can to pimp Sam B it must be said.
  • Options
    katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not Scottish and don't understand a word he says when he speaks but hell he has a lovely singing voice.

It's pretty dumb to think that he is only there because the scots are voting for him only?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »

I have him on Facebook and the majority of comments on his statuses are "go on son, the whole of Motherwell are rooting for you!!" with tons of people liking the comments. I've been about the North Lanarkshire area and saw posters for him outside shops and in club windows saying "____ are proud to be supporting Nicholas McDonald from X-Factor!". My entire news feed at the weekend is full of people in Scotland boasting about how much they've voted for him.

I have no opinion on him either way. He seems like a decent guy and is a decent singer but does he deserve to win? Hell no.
  • Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a brilliant singer but yes, his songs are dull.