Advice needed from outsiders POV

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
Forum Member
✭✭
I need advice from outsiders as I have noone else to talk this through with. I now some of you can be quite harsh on here and I think that's what I need tbh. Im quite angry at myself. Let me explain..

To cut an long story short, I have a guy I talk to over the phone (messaging) for a few years. He doesn't like to speak on the phone so we only message. 90% of the time its me initiating it although he does sometimes. I have tried to arrange meeting up but there's always an excuse or its we'll see during the week. If I try and phone him he doesn't answer then texts to say he cant talk hes busy. We were supposed to meet this weekend we spoke about what we would do- watch a movie etc. He has a lot of trust issues from a girl in the past and because of this he doesn't attach to girls, he even told me if we got together he will hurt me because hes not a nice guy. he only uses girls for sex or if he did get in a relationship and it ended he can happily walk away and not care about the girl.

I understand now why he doesn't want to speak on the phone or meet up and doesn't care how I feel about it. I cant even say were friends because friends don't work that way. I have messaged him if I can call him and he didn't respond. I have messaged him a further 3 times and no response. He is clearly ignoring me.

I feel an idiot for caring so much but I don't know what I care about. Hes not a nice person but the physical pull I feel towards him is so intense plus in a stupid way I want to be the girl that makes him see life in a new way. He is a very depressed person and I want to help him but he wont let me in.
I'm wasting my time aren't I? Is there anyway He will come round or should I be there as a friend but not so available or just move on totally? If I do just leave him alone and he messages me how do I respond?
Thanks for reading

Comments

• joijijoiji Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is married or in a long term relationship. You are just his bit if fun and confidence booster.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need advice from outsiders as I have noone else to talk this through with. I now some of you can be quite harsh on here and I think that's what I need tbh. Im quite angry at myself. Let me explain..

To cut an long story short, I have a guy I talk to over the phone (messaging) for a few years. He doesn't like to speak on the phone so we only message. 90% of the time its me initiating it although he does sometimes. I have tried to arrange meeting up but there's always an excuse or its we'll see during the week. If I try and phone him he doesn't answer then texts to say he cant talk hes busy. We were supposed to meet this weekend we spoke about what we would do- watch a movie etc. He has a lot of trust issues from a girl in the past and because of this he doesn't attach to girls, he even told me if we got together he will hurt me because hes not a nice guy. he only uses girls for sex or if he did get in a relationship and it ended he can happily walk away and not care about the girl.

I understand now why he doesn't want to speak on the phone or meet up and doesn't care how I feel about it. I cant even say were friends because friends don't work that way. I have messaged him if I can call him and he didn't respond. I have messaged him a further 3 times and no response. He is clearly ignoring me.

I feel an idiot for caring so much but I don't know what I care about. Hes not a nice person but the physical pull I feel towards him is so intense plus in a stupid way I want to be the girl that makes him see life in a new way. He is a very depressed person and I want to help him but he wont let me in.
    I'm wasting my time aren't I? Is there anyway He will come round or should I be there as a friend but not so available or just move on totally? If I do just leave him alone and he messages me how do I respond?
    Thanks for reading

All I can say poster is that you should probably see if you can find a professional to talk through these emotions with. If you can afford £40 or so a week you can easily get a private therapist, otherwise go to your GP and explain a few of your feelings and i'm sure he will refer you to someone on the NHS. From the sound of your post it sounds like you've got to that stage.

My general advice to anyone who is having this much difficulty with a relationship is to just end it and move on. I completely understand how you can become emotionally attached and want to believe that things will work out in the long run but it's not likely and not worth the pain (trust me i've been there many times). Hopefully you can find someone to talk to and they will help you with moving on with your life.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    OP, didn't you post this a few weeks ago?
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've never met him, is that right? I Think you're living in a dream relationship. He doesn't want to speak to you,only text, how do you know he's even a man, he could be someone / anyone. Stop messaging him get out and meet some real people and move on.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    He's a catfish
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

I'm sure the OP has been in similar situations in the past with other blokes, beyond a few weeks ago...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

I supose it's the same guy in this thread.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1920856&highlight=
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    He's a catfish

I agree. He is a catfish. He is likely married or in a serious relationship already. He is lying to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know him hes not a catfish lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete his number and move on. If he really cares about you he will contact you to see if your alright, if he doesn't then you will know where you stand and would have saved yourself from further heartache.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MagiLisu wrote: »
    Delete his number and move on. If he really cares about you he will contact you to see if your alright, if he doesn't then you will know where you stand and would have saved yourself from further heartache.

Thankyou x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankyou x

Your welcome.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the pull you feel is your own need to change him or prove him wrong about women. It's quite a strong emotion, to be fair, and I'm not surprised you feel it. I just Googled "catfish", and (if I understand it correctly) maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but he's definitely using you as an ego boost, and the more he tells you he doesn't trust women etc the more you try to disprove him. I'd try what MagiLisu said and not message for a while to see what he does.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I know him hes not a catfish lol

Know him as in have spent time in his company?
    Still sounds like a catfish to me
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    where did you meet him, online ? if so you dont know who you are talking to. Amnyway he is stringing you along, just delete his number and move on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where did you meet him, online ? if so you dont know who you are talking to. Amnyway he is stringing you along, just delete his number and move on.

I met him at work. Thankyou I will do that I feel I have too
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    He's definitely using you whether for an ego boost or his present relationship is not looking good and is looking for a fall out plan, I fell for something similar once.
  • WizsisterWizsister Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Stop trying to fix him and look inward to see what you can change about yourself to improve your self esteem. Please.
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    I think you need to take a long look at yourself. Why are you accepting this treatment of you? Why does his lack of communication make you come back for more? Why do you want to be the one to change him (if what he says is true about being hurt in the past)?

You know things aren't right, so why are you still going along with it? The more time you waste (after all as you said it's been years) the less time you are spending with someone else who could actually reciprocate and be enjoying spending time with in person!
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not interested. Move on - you can't fix him.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    OK, I deleted my reply because this seems to have been covered in a previous thread and the advice was ignored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I deleted my reply because this seems to have been covered in a previous thread and the advice was ignored.

Exactly. The OP hasn't replied to that one though.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Exactly. The OP hasn't replied to that one though.

Fed up with being 'had' in Advice, one way or another. I fall for it every time and almost always wish I hadn't bothered making a well thought out reply and looking up info etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do take on board advice sometimes it's just hard and things develop in the situation where I need more advice. I wanted this to be an end all as it's the new year and I'm not going into the new year with this crap. I can assure you you won't be seeing anymore threads from me about this crap I'm so tired of it (as I'm sure you are of reading it) I appreciate all your lovely words and the time you took to answer. I have took on all your advice and won't be bothering with this guy again a complete waste I'm way too good for him.

Thanks again everyone. Wishing you all a great 2014 :-) x
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear about the guy ignoring your messages. If it is any consolation, I think this has happened to a lot of us women, being ignored. I think the best thing you can now do is move forward and just get on with your life. Forget this bloke and you may end up finding someone better to like:) Good luck.