EastEnders: Stacey's return: For or against?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Even though I really like the character and the actress. I'm wondering now if her return is unnecessary because she is seems to be disliked by an overwhelmingly majority on here.

So are you for her return or are you against her return.

Are you for or against Stacey's return? 41 votes

For
68%
valddd68when0in0romeKyle123ThaGazBoiBertypop[Deleted User]pothuthicBadRomanceDessieMikaRimmerO-JI've Got Class[Deleted User]Hyper_IntakekirbyreedKate Ford fantjp1991guestofsethdazc 28 votes
Against
31%
andallthatjazz[Deleted User]nathan69KFA2shy2007Shazla09Reotinkerbell987MrAndrewpriscillaSMIDSYmk2Everlasting[Deleted User] 13 votes

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Against
    Against, I think her character should remain in the past. Her actual return eps were awful, I'm not sure what else they can do with her, I hope Max doesn't start sniffing around her like a dog on heat.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For
    Don't ask silly questions :p roll on Monday!! :D
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Neither tbh.

I like Stacey and I rate Lacey but there are plenty of Characters i'd have over her tbh.
    I would have Stacey back 100% over Ronnie though.
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing left for her. It is sooooooo far fetched her return storyline. Kill her off.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Against
    Against, I really don't see the point, unlike Sonia and Dean who are part of big SLs (carols cancer an the Mick and Shirley reveal) Stacey's is so utterly pointless and I dont what she can do or SLs she will play an important part in.
    I stopped liking around the live ep and it will be hard for me to like her again.
  • MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For
    Very much for! I've been waiting for her full comeback sihe left at christmas 2010, so now we've had little teasers of her return, but I for one cannot wait for next week when shes back properly.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For
    As long as she is used properly
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For
    For, of course. :D I love how you made the poll public so I can see who the Stacey haters are and who I shall never talk to ever again.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For
    To be honest, I don't think the majority here dislike her, more of a vocal minority. I think most people are either fans or generally neutral towards her.

Personally I'm a big fan so I'm glad she's coming back. To be honest it's been very annoying that her return has been so staggered! :p
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    For
    For. A top character played by a superb actress. Now we need another Slater or two.
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not that fussed to be honest. Stacey is ok but she's not the saviour of the show.
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    For. A top character played by a superb actress. Now we need another Slater or two.
    Agreed! 'If your a Slater see you later!' :p
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Against
    ALowsley wrote: »
    I am not that fussed to be honest. Stacey is ok but she's not the saviour of the show.

She sure feels like she is according to some
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    For
    I like the more mature Stacey we've seen this year, if she can keep it up then I think her return is worth all suspension of reality needed and can only improve the show. Not that I consider her a saviour, or think EE needs saving, the show has a lot of great characters and actors at the moment and adding another can only be a good thing.
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    She sure feels like she is according to some

I know - that is really annoying. Stacey is alright but I'm sick of people saying "Stacey is the best ever character". "Stacey is the Queen" etc. But Lacey Turner is a brilliant actress. I just don't want Stacey to be overused like in 2009-2010.
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For
    Stacey's actually a pretty popular character. She came 7th in the 'Your Favourite EastEnders Character Ever' poll earlier this year, only Ian and Carol out of the present characters came higher.

I think it's not that people don't like Stacey, I wonder if it's more that people are concerned that the return won't live up to the original stint. I can understand that concern, as Stacey (along with Janine and Pat) is tied for my favourite character ever. I do wonder what they're going to do with her.

I always believed that that Stacey left too soon, there was a wealth of places they could go with her.

DTC has said this is a second act for Stacey, so it makes me believe he has a plan. I'm trusting in this - therefore, my answer, is 'FOR'
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    For
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Agreed! 'If your a Slater see you later!' :p

Oh you've decided to honour us with another visit.;-)
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Oh you've decided to honour us with another visit.;-)
    Thought i'd better had. Can't let the Boyfriend have me all to himself :p