no more doubts about fix

pabirdpabird Posts: 871
Forum Member
✭✭
Lisa performed better than Louis? never in a month of Sundays

I do not accept that normal standards of judgement are in place when such appalling judgements are made

I believe the judges are in collusion and probably hand in glove with their BBC paymasters

Absolute disgrace

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,154
    Forum Member
    Lisa got the same score as Louis. I thought that was about right.
  • cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous OP

Louis fell really flat tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AM32 wrote: »

Louis looked a bit awkward, but it was an OK dance. Lisa had NO hip action whatsoever. It was technically crap and she didn't even capture the mood. Truly awful.
  • Tracker321Tracker321 Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    Lisa performed better than Louis? never in a month of Sundays

I do not accept that normal standards of judgement are in place when such appalling judgements are made

I believe the judges are in collusion and probably hand in glove with their BBC paymasters

Absolute disgrace

Totally agree. Louis should have been marked higher on a few occasions during this series. Quite disheartening for him and Flavia, and incredibly unfair.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rotationbl wrote: »
    Louis looked a bit awkward, but it was an OK dance. Lisa had NO hip action whatsoever. It was technically crap and she didn't even capture the mood. Truly awful.

Ah but the rules don't apply to Lisa as you should know by now- who cares if she has no good footwork :rolleyes:

The music Louis had precluded blood on the floor whatever the judges may think and it wasn't his best dance but it was better than Lisa and sorry but Nicky had no swivel action and got 4x 9 :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Even Robin seemed confused by the scores.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if that was a fair mark or not for Lisa, after the first twenty seconds I screamed and waited in the hall until it was done. And none of that was to do with the dancing, it was ALL to do with the facial expression.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah but the rules don't apply to Lisa as you should know by now- who cares if she has no good footwork :rolleyes:

The music Louis had precluded blood on the floor whatever the judges may think and it wasn't his best dance but it was better than Lisa and sorry but Nicky had no swivel action and got 4x 9 :confused:

Yes, it was all a bit of a mess this week.
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One was a rhumba, another was a paso, you can't compare the two. Louis lacked any attack, and I don't think some of his lines were all that clean either.

Lisa had a dance where she couldn't get her performance going, a rhumba doesn't allow for much bubbly performance. It was ok, I liked it, but I rarely get excited about a rhumba. She did have some hip movement, and she danced it well and gracefully with clean lines.

I'd personally put Lisa above Louis, slightly. You can't look weak in a paso, and at times, Louis did. I can see where the judges are coming from.
  • catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Louis dance and thought it was much much better than Lisa's.

I really do feel that the judges have it in for him. They don't just score him low they make nasty comments with no real praise. He is not an actor and nor has he ever danced before unlike some on there
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    I have never been a huge fan of Louis's but I am beginning to feel bad for him now. He is so much better than Lisa yet gets so much more criticism.
  • CornishDunkCornishDunk Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    No doubt in my mind that Lisa's getting preferencial treatment because of her size. Her dance was dire tonight....lots of forward & backward steps but little else.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

More fool them for choosing it then. Let's face it, it's not like he would have acted any better with different music anyway. He didn't smile once during his "American Smooth" last week, which funnily enough none of the judges mentioned.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    catkins198 wrote: »
    I liked Louis dance and thought it was much much better than Lisa's.

I really do feel that the judges have it in for him. They don't just score him low they make nasty comments with no real praise. He is not an actor and nor has he ever danced before unlike some on there

Absolutely agree with you - I am fed up with the judges and their favourites. I would love Denise and Dani to be in the bottom two and see who the judges will save.

I think Louis is also hindered by the choreography. It just isn't exciting!

I am sick to death of undermarking and their favourites!!!
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    One was a rhumba, another was a paso, you can't compare the two. Louis lacked any attack, and I don't think some of his lines were all that clean either.

Lisa had a dance where she couldn't get her performance going, a rhumba doesn't allow for much bubbly performance. It was ok, I liked it, but I rarely get excited about a rhumba. She did have some hip movement, and she danced it well and gracefully with clean lines.

I'd personally put Lisa above Louis, slightly. You can't look weak in a paso, and at times, Louis did. I can see where the judges are coming from.

If you recorded have a look at the Lisa footwork? poor as usual
    Could Lisa attempt a dance with the degree of technique in the dance that Louis and others offer week in week out? no

If you recorded turn the sound off and play again, in watching in silence be honest in judging who captured the nature of their dance the best
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    If you turned the sound off to Lisa's routines it would be very difficult to tell what dance she was supposed to be doing.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AM32 wrote: »

Louis had good technique but no performance. Lisa's technique wasn't anywhere near as good - no hip action whatsoever and no connection with Robin.

There should have been about 8 points difference between them in my book - Lisa scoring a generous 24 and Louis about 30-32!
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    If you turned the sound off to Lisa's routines it would be very difficult to tell what dance she was supposed to be doing.

That's because she's been doing the same dance since week one. ;)
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    If you recorded have a look at the Lisa footwork? poor as usual
    Could Lisa attempt a dance with the degree of technique in the dance that Louis and others offer week in week out? no

If you recorded turn the sound off and play again, in watching in silence be honest in judging who captured the nature of their dance the best

Hah! Take off the Bolero jacket and try and guess what dance Louis was definitely not performing :p
  • soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Don't like paso's unless theyre to traditional music, cant get the feel right. Lisa is always overmarked in my opinion. Great enthusiasm but shes not the best dancer & theres always tthe unsaid 'for a fat girl' in the judges comments which is patronising in the extreme. Louis was better in my opinion. Victoria to go tonight
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa could 'roll' around and get good comments. tonight for the first time they were honest about her.....
  • deb gdeb g Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the music it wasn't yraditi
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hah! Take off the Bolero jacket and try and guess what dance Louis was definitely not performing :p

I'm always puzzled by comments like these. I can always tell what dance it is supposed to be, regardless of the dance or the celebrity, because the professionals always put in at least some content that is specific to that dance. How could you think Louis was dancing anything other than a paso? No other dance has that type of hold. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »

Not to me, she always does recognisable steps for whichever dance she's doing. :confused:
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive said its a fix for ages