Options

unlucky Victoria

pabirdpabird Posts: 871
Forum Member
✭✭
not a lover of Victoria but she did a harder routine than Michael and performed technically as well as Michael

But going back over Saturdays performance both danced a more technical demanding dance and with better dance character than Lisa

Comments

• Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt the opposite, the other two danced cleaner and with more aplomb. Gracious and professional exit from V and B though.
  • Options
    ncl*girlncl*girl Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her exit was long overdue!!
  • Options
    LiliaprincessLiliaprincess Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    It was definitely her time to go. Should have gone before Fern & Richard as well. It's such a relief that she's gone as I really enjoy watching everyone else, but I cringed at her every week.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlucky ?..after that performance !
    This thread is a joke, right ?
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what a salsa should look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhXolH3Tof8

Victoria simply isn't a dancer. Even if she got every step right (which she absolutely didn't) her lack of natural ryhthm and basic awkwardness means that she would still look wrong.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ncl*girl wrote: »
    Have to agree there, she should never have lasted as long really, she was never going to be a good dancer, the girl has no sense of rhythm.
  • Options
    VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Denise's fans would have you believe that being awesomely fit is an advantage comparable to dancing on the West End Stage.

I think Victoria is living proof of what a crock that is.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think her fitness was her expected advantage, that was meant to be her competitiveness and determination,
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MORE cardboard and stiffness in Victoria, than a plank of wood. dance she cannot..
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    i personally think michael and lisa could have gone before her, but it was probably the right time as i could see she was becoming uncomfortable with the experience. i think it is outrageous that brendan has contributed to that discmfort, almost as if he felt entitled to assume that because she is an athlete she ought to be able to dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember I started by saying she was never someone I thought much of as a dancer
    My comments were made to indicate that if you take time to look closely at her performance alongside that of Lisa you would see far more technical content and a far more difficult routine to achieve

But unfortunately people will not go the distance and compare like for like

Next weeks dance off should be ever more emotional for some with Michael and Lisa the weakest dancers left
  • Options
    VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    Next weeks dance off should be ever more emotional for some with Michael and Lisa the weakest dancers left

If Michael has a Latin next week he's toast.
  • Options
    essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough if you're not a fan of Lisa but to say Victoria was good enough to outlast her is wishful thinking I think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite! She was very lucky to survive for so long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough if you're not a fan of Lisa but to say Victoria was good enough to outlast her is wishful thinking I think

I am not a fan of any particular contestant this series but as an ex-dancer (competitive) I love dance and though Victoria was a weak member of the team and would go soon enough she still learned more and executed more new moves with differing technical content week in week out than has Lisa
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did it boil down perhaps to the fact Victoria was dancing a Latin routine? If she'd had a ballroom dance things may have been different.

I know it's all relative but sometimes circumstances dictate more than personal ability. Slightly off topic but an example of this is, Michael Jackson was on track for having the first two consecutive number one singles on the US charts since the Beatles. He was held off the top spot for one week by Dexy's Midnight Runners Come On Eileen.

If they'd have released that song a couple of weeks later MJ would've had his consecutive number ones.
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO I thought Victoria's performance in the dance-of was a vast improvement and Michael's was about the same level as his original dance...maybe the judges were told to vote her off
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank Mag wrote: »
    IMHO I thought Victoria's performance in the dance-of was a vast improvement and Michael's was about the same level as his original dance...maybe the judges were told to vote her off

vast improvement - What????
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't and the end lift looked a lot more messy, she seemed to forget more bits of it too.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Did it boil down perhaps to the fact Victoria was dancing a Latin routine? If she'd had a ballroom dance things may have been different.

I know it's all relative but sometimes circumstances dictate more than personal ability. Slightly off topic but an example of this is, Michael Jackson was on track for having the first two consecutive number one singles on the US charts since the Beatles. He was held off the top spot for one week by Dexy's Midnight Runners Come On Eileen.

If they'd have released that song a couple of weeks later MJ would've had his consecutive number ones.
    :confused:
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think it was a vast improvement - she lost track of the steps altogether on more than one occasion and the last lift wasn't good at all. And she still looked stiff and out of time for a lot of the dance, very awkward doing the twirls under Brendan's arm - just poor.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought Victoria's performance in the dance off was better too, its all a rather fishy business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member

I've never seen anything more awkward than the week she started off her routine dancing on the judges desk (I can't remember the dance for the life of me.)
    I'd have called her a taxi that night.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    I've never seen anything more awkward than the week she started off her routine dancing on the judges desk (I can't remember the dance for the life of me.)
    I'd have called her a taxi that night.
    Yep....I agree. That was a cringeworthy attempt to waste time and it backfired due to her inability to let herself go. The two girls holding her hands were more fluid just standing there shaking their hips. I was :o:o:o .
    She was so buttoned up,like an old maid,and refused to undo anything more than one button. Good riddance frankly.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I thought Victoria's performance in the dance off was better too, its all a rather fishy business.
    Her timing was off from about 20 seconds in. She missed steps & turns. Her lift nearly resulted in her crashing head first into the floor & her ducking under Brendan's arms looked ridiculously awkward. Apart from that it was wonderful. Not.