Options

Bouquet of Barbed Wire ITV 1

Comments

• Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I think I agree with all you say here - particularly the fact that Hermione Norris doesn't look a day over 40 - and could easily pass for someone in their mid 30s!
    You're joking I was just thinking how much she has aged!
  • Options
    alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D That made me laugh so much! :p

If it was back in his Shoestring days I'd be very much inclined to agree! :o;)

All eras for me - love him in Waking The Dead - he gets so cross - yum!
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prue in the original series was a spoilt brat most of the time, in fact all the characters had their dubious points but you still sort of liked them
    even Gavin, who Prue wound up so much he ended up beating her senseless

The characters this time round seem much more simplified, less shades of grey, but I suppose it's a shorter series and broader strokes are required.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    Prue looks about 10 years too old to me.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick, sick, SICK!! For entertainment!!?? Just so wrong on so many levels. I cannot believe people want to watch a programme about an incest based relationship.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,110
    Forum Member
    its promising so far
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Is Gemima Rooper's character (the new architect girl) the evi husband(Moriarity from Sherlock)'s sister? I can't see why they'd make her wear brown contacts otherwise. I keep missing bits. :confused:;)
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Sick, sick, SICK!! For entertainment!!?? Just so wrong on so many levels. I cannot believe people want to watch a programme about an incest based relationship.

Hamlet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her husband is a total knob! No wonder Trev wants to punch his lights out!
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its dark, dark stuff.

But drama should be challenging. Incest happens, that much is a fact. So as long as its done well, why NOT do a story about this?

And ITV have clearly realised this has a lot to live up to and have put a lot of effort into it. Personally I still prefer the slower pace of the original, but all in all its a pretty decent standard for a modern ITV programme.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    Hamlet?

My first thought was Sons and Daughters. :D
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member

That's not even half of it, there's just been a Trevor Eve sex scene. :eek::eek::eek::eek:;)
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh for god's sake don't watch it then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey! :eek:
    For some reason I wasn't expecting that! :eek:
    &on the desk too! :o

How many episodes is this Series then?

I can't really get my head around the fact that it's been remade to suit the present day (internet and all, etc) rather than set in the 70s or whenever the original was made. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    That's not even half of it, there's just been a Trevor Eve sex scene. :eek::eek::eek::eek:;)

Yes, disgusting stuff indeed! :p;)
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    I believe that although there is no explicit incestuous activity, an incestuous tone in the father/daughter relationship is implies.

Yes you didn't need it to go further - for me it was the incestuous undertones that made it gripping. The relationships built up gradually and so for a while with the whole "daddy's girl" thing, you couldn't be sure if he was crossing a line with his thoughts. I say, for a while.....:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for god's sake don't watch it then.
    There is no incest in the book or in the original. It is all psychological. He has an obsession with his daughter, it is not about sex but control
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Is Gemima Rooper's character (the new architect girl) the evi husband(Moriarity from Sherlock)'s sister? I can't see why they'd make her wear brown contacts otherwise. I keep missing bits. :confused:;)

No. Jemima wasn't in Sherlock - her eyes are in fact greenish-blue but in some lights they look brown. Something to do with weird lighting I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ding Dong - wooftastic!
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I agree with all you say here - particularly the fact that Hermione Norris doesn't look a day over 40 - and could easily pass for someone in their mid 30s!

I think that type of middle class woman wouldn't have had her child so early .
    Amanda Redman would have been a better casting choice!

Are you serious? They aren't having an incestuous relationship but incest is a reality and books , plays and films have always tackled such an issue.
    You can always watch something else if you find this programme distasteful!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    i haven't heard anything about this proggramme or heard about the original.

But wow that sex scene was a bit unexpected it just feels a bit disjointed and out of sequence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Gavin looks like the original Gavin actually.

(He has just died)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    I just love Trev he can take me any day:):)
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,110
    Forum Member
    This Gavin looks like the original Gavin actually.

(He has just died)

oh thats a shame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ding Dong - wooftastic!

You're hilarious! :p
    I bet you'd like to call him 'DADDY!' :o Lol! ;)