Options

Suggest a good standalone episode of X-Files for me to watch on my afternoon off.

NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I've the afternoon off, my missus is off to work, so it's beer and telly time for me this arvo:D:D:D:D:p

Now I'll catch a bit of Wimbledon, maybe play a bit of playstation, but I have a real hankering to watch some good old classic X-Files after reading the other thread.

Please leave me your suggestions for a good standalone episode, ala Toombs, or Squeeze, to watch, or maybe a set of 2-3 episodes which tie together (like the Video sets).

I have Series' 1-5 7 and 9 on DVD, so please suggest from them.

I'll be home again at around 230-3pm.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From season 7 watch either Hungry, Rush, The Amazing Maleeni or First Person Shooter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    My favourite episode still to this day is Darkness Falls, from Season 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without doubt 'Jose Chungs from out of space' but if you tell anyone you're a dead man :D
  • Options
    dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourites is Bad Blood from season 4 (the episode that first has Mulder point of view of what happened, followed by Scully's point of view).
  • Options
    TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without doubt 'Jose Chungs from out of space' but if you tell anyone you're a dead man :D

Exactly what I was going to suggest :)
  • Options
    NealeNeale Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    One of my favourites is Bad Blood from season 4 (the episode that first has Mulder point of view of what happened, followed by Scully's point of view).

yep :) only seen it once but definately memorable :). Or the cochroaches one from the 2nd or 3rd season ?. When they do comedy they really get it right :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    So I've the afternoon off, my missus is off to work, so it's beer and telly time for me this arvo:D:D:D:D:p

Now I'll catch a bit of Wimbledon, maybe play a bit of playstation, but I have a real hankering to watch some good old classic X-Files after reading the other thread.

Please leave me your suggestions for a good standalone episode, ala Toombs, or Squeeze, to watch, or maybe a set of 2-3 episodes which tie together (like the Video sets).

I have Series' 1-5 7 and 9 on DVD, so please suggest from them.

I'll be home again at around 230-3pm.

Thanks

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose (Eps 4 from Season 3) or another Darin Morgan-scripted episode (such as Jose Chung, Humbug or War of the Coprophages).
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ice

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    johnh777 wrote: »
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose (Eps 4 from Season 3) or another Darin Morgan-scripted episode (such as Jose Chung, Humbug or War of the Coprophages).

Completely agree with all these
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    I can't remember which episode it is, sorry, but I always loved the Groundhog Day one.
    Especially since it wasn't actually the central characters who were doing the remembering. Made things that little bit more chaotic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Most definitely. Jose Chung and Clyde Bruckman are my two favourite ever episodes. War of the Coprophages is pretty excellent too (and features the lovely Dr Bambi, so even more reason to watch it).

In fact, sod it, have a triple bill !
  • Options
    doctorwhodoctorwho Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Jayenkai wrote: »
    I can't remember which episode it is, sorry, but I always loved the Groundhog Day one.
    Especially since it wasn't actually the central characters who were doing the remembering. Made things that little bit more chaotic!
    If anyone remembers which one it was let me know!
    Cause I'm doing an x-files viewing marathon with my girlfriend..
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Ice

This...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Just got done with series 2. The last one about the chickens in that is good.
  • Options
    BoatmanBoatman Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squeeze and Tooms as a double header.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the suggestions:
    From season 7 watch either Hungry, Rush, The Amazing Maleeni or First Person Shooter.

Season 7's out I'm afraid, not good enough IMHO.
    pugxsi wrote: »
    My favourite episode still to this day is Darkness Falls, from Season 1.

I would if I hadn't watched this one on recorded VHS about 50 times in my teens, possibly my favourite ever episode of anything.

Stong contender, but seen it lots.

Very strong contender.

Again, seen CBFR lots, but Humbug on the other had....
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Ice

See "Darkness Falls"
    Tommy_tank wrote: »
    In fact, sod it, have a triple bill !

Well actually, mine's a double!

The winners are Humbug (season 2 Ep20) and Bad Blood (S5E12), neither of which I can remember from my last viewing (a few years ago now).

Thanks again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Season 5, actually... :o
    doctorwho wrote: »

'Monday'. Season 6, episode 14. :)
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theres always 'Post Modern Prothemus' as well, which is fantastic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    theres always 'Post Modern Prothemus' as well, which is fantastic

I didn't get the fuss about this episode... it was good, just not as brilliant as it's made out to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    I like "Triangle". Where "Scully" is back in time to a Nazi-occupied US cruise ship in the Bermudas, and Mulder is on the same boat in the present. It has really good cinematography, and the longest continuous (no cuts) scene in TV. Unfortunately I think it's in Season 6
    doctorwho wrote: »

It was the one where they kept on reliving a bank robbery
  • Options
    lucky74lucky74 Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squeeze and Tooms for sure. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angelus69 wrote: »
    Season 5, actually... :o

'Monday'. Season 6, episode 14. :)
    elpaw wrote: »
    I like "Triangle". Where "Scully" is back in time to a Nazi-occupied US cruise ship in the Bermudas, and Mulder is on the same boat in the present. It has really good cinematography, and the longest continuous (no cuts) scene in TV. Unfortunately I think it's in Season 6

It was the one where they kept on reliving a bank robbery

:D

I loved that episode, too. I knew the day had rewound as soon as the woman said something slightly different to AD Skinner.

See? Watching TV (Tru Calling) does pay off. :p
  • Options
    hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourites was the one w here the episode was filmed like a cop show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hassan wrote: »
    One of my favourites was the one w here the episode was filmed like a cop show

X-Cops, very silly but a great episode.

It was great to see Humbug again, really emotional at the end when it's revealed what's doing the killing.

Bad Blood though was a fantastic suggestion, so funny, I think I'd only seen it once before.

I got the XFiles bug so watched the Season 4/5 triple of Gethsemane/Redux/ReduxII last night as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    CAn't remember the titles off-hand, but the set of 3 episodes concerning the Anasazi.

I didn't like the X Files till I saw the cliff-hanger episode where Mulder gets trapped underground in the desert with the alien bodies - but I was hooked from them on! Top notch stuff

"Bad Blood" and "Triangle" are both brilliant too - and great stand-alones