Options

Corrie - can someone clear uup the 4 deaths for me

tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
Forum Member
I have searched on here, but to no avail.

We were told 4 funerals and a wedding for weeks on end and yet as far as I am aware there were only 3 deaths... what am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 4th death is a man that was in a car, and was turning the corner just as the explosion happened. It was a extra, rather than a cast member..
  • Options
    GrindlewardGrindleward Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    The 4th death is a man that was in a car, and was turning the corner just as the explosion happened. It was a extra, rather than a cast member..

Which caused a huge out cry as some people feel scammed...
  • Options
    DannyCaulfieldDannyCaulfield Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not two bothered, I always counted Jack Duckworth as a death as his death was around the anniversary aswell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I thought they were still keeping us waiting on the fate of Peter and Hope.
  • Options
    tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Which caused a huge out cry as some people feel scammed...

Well frankly I feel 'scammed' too.

We were debating it today and I thiought I would join in here to find out what happened... the death of an extra doesn't really cut it for me.
  • Options
    Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The was an article about Collinson admitting it was a red-herring but i can't find it..
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The was an article about Collinson admitting it was a red-herring but i can't find it..

Perhaps the car driver is a red herring and the fourth death is, in fact
    Hope Stape
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    tiggerspp wrote: »
    Well frankly I feel 'scammed' too.

We were debating it today and I thiought I would join in here to find out what happened... the death of an extra doesn't really cut it for me.

You'l get over it in time
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a red herring to attract viewers - it worked, now after 20+ 4-deaths explanation threads... can we leave it be? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this and you could argue that the 4th death actually makes a point. Not everyone who died was a resident and thus someone we care about. Truthfully in this kind of event having three deaths and two serious injuries would be near-enough a miracle. Shame there wasn't more "extra deaths" (extra as in the actor term) to add a greater sense of impact to the tram crash.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AshSan wrote: »
    I was thinking about this and you could argue that the 4th death actually makes a point. Not everyone who died was a resident and thus someone we care about. Truthfully in this kind of event having three deaths and two serious injuries would be near-enough a miracle. Shame there wasn't more "extra deaths" (extra as in the actor term) to add a greater sense of impact to the tram crash.

And I'm sure the driver's family will be distraught that people don't think its a worthy enough death!
    And they have just saved the job of a regular member of the cast.