Best 10 players in the world

Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who do you rate as the worlds best 10 players?

Mine in no particular order.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Tevez
4. Vidic
5. Sneijder
6. Eto'o
7. Robben
8. Xavi
9. Iniesta
10. Fabregas

Comments

• celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd more or less go along with that, maybe dump one for Ibrahimovic.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Rooney
    Messi
    Xavi
    Drogba
    Buffon
    Vidic
    Ronaldo
    Maicon
    Sneijder
    Lahm

Bit of variation too. Almost included Yaya Toure, who has carried City at times during this season, unbelievable player who is somehow still underrated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lawro2 wrote: »
    Who do you rate as the worlds best 10 players?

Mine in no particular order.

1. Messi
    2. Ronaldo
    3. Tevez
    4. Vidic
    5. Sneijder
    6. Eto'o7. Robben
    8. Xavi
    9. Iniesta
    10. Fabregas
    I'd replace him with Luis Enrique and Robben with Ashley Cole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? Luis Enrique retired years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Eh? Luis Enrique retired years ago.
    Sorry Jose Enrique. ! Hope he stays with us I can see him walking into any team in the world tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have stuck with Luis to be honest...
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    I'd more or less go along with that, maybe dump one for Ibrahimovic.

Agreed , dump Vidic .

How someone , who breaks every single rule in the flamin' book , gets an award beats me .
  • ajdcbgajdcbg Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine in no particular order,bar Messi

1. Messi
    2. C.Ronaldo
    3. Suarez
    4. Rooney - when he can be bothered
    5. Torres - same as Rooney
    6. Sneijder
    7. Maicon
    8. Xavi
    9. Iniesta
    10. Kaka
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't dump Vidic, but then I don't bitterly despise Man Utd and everything they ever do.

He's one of the finest defenders in football. Show me one who doesn't take liberties with the rules and I'll show you a golden unicorn.
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't dump Vidic, but then I don't bitterly despise Man Utd and everything they ever do.

He's one of the finest defenders in football. Show me one who doesn't take liberties with the rules and I'll show you a golden unicorn.

Rio Ferdinand is one of the best defenders I've ever seen Vidic is just a cheating thug in my view.

My all time fave players include Georgie Best , Mark Hughes , Scholesie , Becks , Cantona etc etc .

Just have no time for cheating , cynical defenders.
    The fact that he gets away with murder on a regular basis makes it worse.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's a great defender no doubt but what the he'll was he doing for Barca's second the other night :confused:

Messi has to be top of the pile for me by a country mile now, I think the final the other night could have been either way without him, the way he played though reminded me of Maradona at his best.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    It is hard to argue with, there were umpteen times this season he should have been sent off but managed to stay on.
    Forum Member
    Rio Ferdinand is one of the best defenders I've ever seen Vidic is just a cheating thug in my view.

My all time fave players include Georgie Best , Mark Hughes , Scholesie , Becks , Cantona etc etc .

Making tough challenges isn't cheating. God knows what you'd of done in the old days when football wasn't full of complete pansies who collapse to the ground just from being looked at. Back then people were doing challenges that get red cards today and it was seen as a great tackle. Vidic commits fouls in the game, that's not cheating, that's not being a thug, that's mistiming a tackle, it happens with defenders.

The reason he'd get an award is because he's arguably the best defender in football right now.
  • Flagg613Flagg613 Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then you must have no time for Sergio busquets. Considering this blatant piece of cheating....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgrVpZUGToI
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Making tough challenges isn't cheating. God knows what you'd of done in the old days when football wasn't full of complete pansies who collapse to the ground just from being looked at. Back then people were doing challenges that get red cards today and it was seen as a great tackle. Vidic commits fouls in the game, that's not cheating, that's not being a thug, that's mistiming a tackle, it happens with defenders.

The reason he'd get an award is because he's arguably the best defender in football right now.

Sure defenders "bend " the rules but nobody "bends" them as much ViDick . He constantly pulls and blocks people in the box , clatters into forwards leading with elbows unconcerned about the damage he does, nobody but nobody does as many brutal body checks on forwards as he does .... he gives his little "innocent " look and the refs turn a blind eye time after time ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love the fact you say you have no time for cheats, But Barcelona at time do the worst kind of cheating I have ever seen.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmGIFz_EP0&feature=related

Okay Manchester United have their fair share of cheats, Nani, Anderson, Scholes and I'll now add Valencia to that list...But I acknowledge that they are cheats. But you go on about other clubs and players cheating, but then in many of your posts defend the likes of Busquests and Pedro against cheating. But you say you have no time for cheats. I''m sorry but your posts reek of bias towards Barcelona.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    1. Messi
    2. Xavi
    3. Ronaldo
    4. Iniesta
    5. Sneijder
    6. Villa
    7. Rooney
    8. Etoo
    9. Vidic
    10. Robben
    Forum Member
    Flagg613 wrote: »
    I love the fact you say you have no time for cheats, But Barcelona at time do the worst kind of cheating I have ever seen.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmGIFz_EP0&feature=related

Okay Manchester United have their fair share of cheats, Nani, Anderson, Scholes and I'll now add Valencia to that list...But I acknowledge that they are cheats. But you go on about other clubs and players cheating, but then in many of your posts defend the likes of Busquests and Pedro against cheating. But you say you have no time for cheats. I''m sorry but your posts reek of bias towards Barcelona.

Show me one post where I've defended diving by Barcelona players ?

We went through this a while ago in a different thread , I don't condone diving by anyone , I did once say that Buscetts is only young and he will hopefully learn not to do all that stupid stuff , he was fantastic the other night ... no dives , no playacting .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show me one post where I've defended diving by Barcelona players ?

We went through this a while ago in a different thread , I don't condone diving by anyone , I did once say that Buscetts is only young and he will hopefully learn not to do all that stupid stuff , he was fantastic the other night ... no dives , no playacting .

Okay Fair enough. I'm glad you do not condone cheating in any way....And I apologize for saying you did, when you do not.
  • PacManMannyPacManManny Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    11. Bebe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we prevent this becoming another 'Barcelona cheat/so does ____' thread? There have been more than enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we prevent this becoming another 'Barcelona cheat/so does ____' thread? There have been more than enough.

Yes sorry about that, That was my fault and I have apoligized to ZicoZ for that.

Just looking at everyones top 10....Why is their no goalkeepers on their lists?
    Forum Member
    Yes sorry about that, That was my fault and I have apoligized to ZicoZ for that.

Maybe they should get their own thread ;)
    Forum Member

Buffon was on mine. Cesar wasn't too far behind as well. Think they're constantly over looked by people because they're keepers, too often strikers/midfielders get more credit.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    Sure defenders "bend " the rules but nobody "bends" them as much ViDick . He constantly pulls and blocks people in the box , clatters into forwards leading with elbows unconcerned about the damage he does, nobody but nobody does as many brutal body checks on forwards as he does .... he gives his little "innocent " look and the refs turn a blind eye time after time ...

I take it you have never watched John Terry play then? He's worse than Vidic.. The gulf between him and Vidic is as wide as Barca and United. It's only because he's "England's captain" he gets away with it. Like Alan Shearer before him and Bryan Robson before that. There are always players who manage to bend the rules and get away with it more often than others.