EE from Day One

Comments

• dayne14dayne14 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    Andy looks a bit like David Tennant.

Must admit gboy, I don't see it myself and I'm a DW fan. But that said are there any now household names or big stars I should look out for in early EE even as a cameo? Y'know where I can go - OMG - was that Kate Winslet in the Cafe? (example - dn't actually know if she did EE!)
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit later on but if you watch Kalfie wedding in 2003, you'll see David Walliams :D
    Forum Member
    Was he a lady! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dayne14 wrote: »
    Was he a lady! ;)

He wasn't actually:eek::D
    He played the fake priest at the wedding, Ray i think his name was
    Forum Member
    IanMandy wrote: »
    He wasn't actually:eek::D
    He played the fake priest at the wedding, Ray i think his name was

That's a shame:D
    Forum Member
    no ep today. Personal problems. Feel crap and sad. My heart's not in it today. Will double up tomorrow. Friends can be so cruel. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no ep today. Personal problems. Feel crap and sad. My heart's not in it today. Will double up tomorrow. Friends can be so cruel. :(

Hope everything works out:(
    Forum Member
    I had a crochet blanket like that! Ha ha Lou has no logic. Tut tut Den you'll make Angie think she's going mad. Nice to see Sue a bit brighter. At least Sue's explaining he feelingsand wantsto move forward. Makes me feel better :) Don't worry Angie we all woner what Ethel's talking about sometimes. Poor Annie's even giving me a headache in my earphones. Ethel's waistcoat thingy looks like a patchwork quilt.

The tension between Saeed and Naima :eek: £25 is a large whip round back then. I shall assume that's part of the wedding cake, isn't that the tradition? Lou's determined to call the baby Albert! Video. I've still got one. Did Ethel have kids of her own?? Ooops a Michelle tantrum, oh dear! It's like TARDIS in Pauline's. It's funny that Sue's so bright, don't get me wrong it's good, but for the first time it feels little unrealistic i.e. holding a baby is the wonder cure. It surely don't hppen overnight.

I'm with Kathy the holiday sounds cheap. Get the feeling Arthur's frightened oflosing Michelle. I think Annie may be ill or teething. Ironic that the Video Player is the invention to end all inventions. Den caught in a lie at last. Oh dear I didn't think Saeed had actually been to a brothel. I'm shocked - thought it was a nasty rumour. I was willing Angie not to drink and be strong, but Den always wins.
    Forum Member
    Hope everything works out:(

Sadly not, they want nothing to do with me, and I've been told to stay away from a leaving do for a mutual friend by others because of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly not, they want nothing to do with me, and I've been told to stay away from a leaving do for a mutual friend by others because of it.

Oh dear.:(
    Forum Member
    :cry::(:cry:
  • Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 57-64 as promised are now up and ready to be watched. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCbbconchoice
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

Sorry I've not been about for a few days as promised but, I've felt the need to resort to threatening one of Britain's biggest outsourcing companies with slander and defirmation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching back through the old eps, I really liked Debbie Wilkins, its just a shame that she didn't last very long.

I wonder what she would do if she turned up on the square again after all these years- only Ian, Dot and Sharon would recognise her!
    Forum Member
    Indeed IanMandy, the way I understand it though is that she was written out in early '87 after effectively serving no purpose following Ross Davidson's departure in late '86 (apparantly after their real life daliance).

Ep 50 next
    Forum Member
    Don't want to know about you're feeding habits Lou! Horrible mental image. Lovely to see all those flowers for Hassan. Oh dear Saeed and Naima again. All getting bit unsavoury. The same as aways Vic landlords rubbish at putting up banners. Tension begining to simmer beteen Den and Michelle see. Is Debs suit what was classed as a power suit. Ha ha for a minute I thought Ian was peeing in the air. I love the young Ian. Oh dear trust Ian and Kelvin o get the 'ol bill on the case. Nice to see Sue and Ali happy, I need to take leaf from their book. Roly needs a wash, Mchelle needs a slap. All of a twitter - Oh ange if only you could see the future! :D Nice Moses basket.

Everyone in the Vic shows community. Shut up about Albert Lou. Dot looked so different didn't she whereas Pauline... well... didn't. Altogether now "Viva Espania"! God Debs is quite goog looking, and the age old Con Lab debate. Labour man myself. So the horse came in for Ali. A successful charity night. Ethel, free love Ha ha ha! Uh oh, Nick's on his way back. Nice to see Tony taking a fatherly stance with Michelle.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    I wasn't born until 1993 so my earliest memories are the Slaters. (Which isn't a bad thing - I love them!)

but I would love to watch every episode from the beginning, also.
    Forum Member
    I wasn't born until 1993 so my earliest memories are the Slaters. (Which isn't a bad thing - I love them!)

but I would love to watch every episode from the beginning, also.

Welcome Mattehhhftw. Why not start. The BBC have provided eps 1 - 54 here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EastEnders

and DanCbbC has provided a link for eps 55 onwards above :)
    Forum Member
    Den's jumper. Ha ha, and in August. Ethel I too would be worried about Nick's return. It's funny how the video reorder was seen as the innvention to end all inventions. Anyone know if we're off on location with Sue and Ali? Wait I've had a premonition, how about call Baby Fowler "Martin". Just a thought. :D

More chat for Den with Jan, or is it Michelle? Sharon's on her high horse. Though she has a point. Oh a pound note, when did it go out? Delivery men have changed for Debs and Andy, though I'm sceptical. Early beginnings for the allotments. Overcrowding sounds like today! Things look to have gone well for Tony at the bank. Sharon flirting's a bit cringe. I wonder if this is a permanant exit for Naima. Dr Legg and Ethel would make an interesting couple.

Nick's changed. :rolleyes: Yeah right. Pine TV cabinet, very kitch. Lol Michelle, "Tony'd make a nice Dad." Sharon, "wrong colour." Shouldn't laugh but LMFAO. :D I knew that 'delivery man' was dodgey! Poor Andy, and will they blame Lou??? Technology is always a burglar's paradise, but for God's sake... The hoover! :eek: Mary looks troubled. Maybe Nick was in the wardrobe! She wants a Mars Bar Saeed!!! I'd forgotten Mary couldn't read. At least Mary's told someone. My cousin's been through this. It's hard. I taught him to read along with my Mum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for still doing reviews
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching back through the old eps, I really liked Debbie Wilkins, its just a shame that she didn't last very long.

I wonder what she would do if she turned up on the square again after all these years- only Ian, Dot and Sharon would recognise her!

I was a *massive* Debbie fan.

Sadly, after Andy's demise she was little used. The writers could have developed further her relationship with Wilmott-Brown, but - alas - it seems Shirley Cheriton (who played Debbie) had fallen foul of the EE producer, and was axed in early 1987, having by this time become something of a redundant character.

She *could* return today - especially as Ian had a bit of a crush on her...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den's jumper. Ha ha, and in August. Ethel I too would be worried about Nick's return. It's funny how the video reorder was seen as the innvention to end all inventions. Anyone know if we're off on location with Sue and Ali? Wait I've had a premonition, how about call Baby Fowler "Martin". Just a thought. :D

More chat for Den with Jan, or is it Michelle? Sharon's on her high horse. Though she has a point. Oh a pound note, when did it go out? Delivery men have changed for Debs and Andy, though I'm sceptical. Early beginnings for the allotments. Overcrowding sounds like today! Things look to have gone well for Tony at the bank. Sharon flirting's a bit cringe. I wonder if this is a permanant exit for Naima. Dr Legg and Ethel would make an interesting couple.

Nick's changed. :rolleyes: Yeah right. Pine TV cabinet, very kitch. Lol Michelle, "Tony'd make a nice Dad." Sharon, "wrong colour." Shouldn't laugh but LMFAO. :D I knew that 'delivery man' was dodgey! Poor Andy, and will they blame Lou??? Technology is always a burglar's paradise, but for God's sake... The hoover! :eek: Mary looks troubled. Maybe Nick was in the wardrobe! She wants a Mars Bar Saeed!!! I'd forgotten Mary couldn't read. At least Mary's told someone. My cousin's been through this. It's hard. I taught him to read along with my Mum.

I always thought it was strange that they nicked the Hoover, but left the phone - surely it would be worth a few quid...?

And why does Debbie witter on about having to cancel their holiday after the burglary? At this stage they still think they've got the insurance to cover their losses...?
    Forum Member
    Hi All,

Sorry reviews have been sporadic. Life's got somewhat in the way. Will try to do ep 52 - 54 today. But definitely 52.

I lurch from finding Debs great to a moany old bag.
    Forum Member
    Ha ha I have known burglar's to nick tea bags! Gboy's right, I don't get why they can't go to Greece. Oh poor Mary, but at least Arthur's going to go to court with her. A board meeting is fuuny for a start - let alone in a cafe. They're behaving lie some conglomerate. Oh dear, Lofty, Kelvin and Ian. Nice to Ethel smitten, though slightly in la la land. Lofty, and Den dancing is hilarious!! £50 fine is ok for Mary, but I can understnd the quandry of struggle. Sick of Michelle moaning.Wahey!!! Debs has passed her exams. Another clandestine phone call from Den??? Oh god Nick's coming back, but I'd be intested to know if people watch really believed he might have changed? I'm coming at it through rose tinted glasses somewhat.

Oh know, Ernie want's to get rid of her Willy. That sounds wrong on so many levels. :eek: I think Sharon's feeling a bit lost again. I have a feeling that she migt try to trace her parents. She want's to be more like Michelle. Den hates Angie's popularity with the punters. You can just feel the Den / Michelle stuff starting. Every scene Lofty's in he seems to be leaving somewhere. Strange. Oh, Nick's back. Mafia cocaine and nuclear secrets and that tribe! Brilliant scene! Classic :D But Arthur has a job. Ha ha, Michelle's unimpressed and moaning like the world's ended, selfish cow! Poor Ernie, dumped for a dog. Andy forgot to post the insurance letter. Ooops.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle was only 16 at the time, but she was like an old woman: she moaned like and old woman and she dressed like an old woman. She and Lou could have been contemporaries rather than grandmother and grand-daughter.

I always liked Mary - she was a good, gutsy character.