I really miss Kat and Alfie in the Vic (EastEnders)

Kat_AlfieKat_Alfie Posts: 101
Forum Member
Kat and Alfie worked so well in the Vic. I can't believe DTC kicked them out so the Carters can move in. Kat and Alfie belong in the Vic. Would you like them to move back to the Vic one day in future? And do you miss them in the Vic?

The Vic is so dull at the moment...

Comments

• Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    Kat_Alfie wrote: »
    Kat and Alfie worked so well in the Vic. I can't believe DTC kicked them out so the Carters can move in. Kat and Alfie belong in the Vic. Would you like them to move back to the Vic one day in future? And do you miss them in the Vic?

Nah I've got to admit as much as it bugs me (and many others on here!) how much the Carter's dominate the show now, I think they work well in The Vic. Kellie Bright is the best of the bunch IMO.

The Vic was long overdue a revamp and it was the best idea to revitalise Kat & Alfie by taking them out of the Vic (if only to deflate Shane Richie's ego slightly!)

My heart sank when it looked like Kat was about to go back to her old 'legs open all hours' self with Max last week, so I'm glad she didn't have sex with him because I think they've moved her character slightly on from that now .

Although the main reason I was glad is because I'm beyond sick of every producer treating Max as if he's some irresistible sex god to every woman rather than some miserable,moody,selfish potato head who in real life wouldn't score in a brothel>:(!
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far from dull at the moment.

But dull is exactly how I would explain the Moon-Vic era. Dull as dishwater. It was a very dark time for the show!
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like them in the Vic after a while during their second stint. I think they were too miserable for too long in there.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird but they didn't quite work, I guess because Kat was turned into a bit of a cartoon and they were lumbered with the awful new Moons.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather have Mick and Linda.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I didn't like Alfie in The Vic. Kat was OK but Alfie did my head in. I much prefer the Carters.
  • West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the Carters when they first arrived, but it has fallen a bit flat of late. I think we are all Cartered out!
  • jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this thread a joke? it has to be a joke
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Kat_Alfie wrote: »

I loved Kat and Alfie in the Vic too and I was so disappointed when DTC kicked them out but I suppose it was so that he could install his precious Carters.

I highly doubt they would go back to the Vic though as DTC would never kick Mick and Linda out and anyway Kat and Alfie are off to Ireland.

I have to say I really love your username and i'm glad you're here because there is a huge shortage of K&A fans on here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why????
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have to have perspective here. No matter how dull the Carters get, it's important to remember that the time Kat and Alfie spent in the Vic from 2010 onwards was one of the worst periods of Eastenders *ever*.
    Forum Member
    I loved the Carters when they first arrived, but it has fallen a bit flat of late. I think we are all Cartered out!

I'm definitely Cartered out!

They are in it so much they make my head hurt!
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    We have to have perspective here. No matter how dull the Carters get, it's important to remember that the time Kat and Alfie spent in the Vic from 2010 onwards was one of the worst periods of Eastenders *ever*.

Well I disagree, I love Kat and Alfie and thought they were great in the Vic!:p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I disagree, I love Kat and Alfie and thought they were great in the Vic!:p:p
    I agree, I never thought I would say this, but I want them back.
  • fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They worked in the Vic in 2002-2004, but 2010-2013 was a disaster! Getting Kat away from the pub was what saved her character!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm definitely Cartered out!

They are in it so much they make my head hurt!

i know how you feel, I take Annadin extra, I find that helps. ;-)
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What?! Kat and Alfie were awful in the Vic.

A shake-up was badly needed.
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont miss them behind the bar They work better on the market stall
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get Peggy back in the VIc
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEARLY331 wrote: »

As much as I liked Peggy, I think it would be a bad idea to put her back in the vic as it would make her 2010 exit look pointless I prefer Peggy to just pop back for pop back for one off episodes
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hear hear! She will always be the best owner/landlady imo.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Noooo anyone but Peggy
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't, if it was a real pub across the road from me I would still go out of way to find an alternative
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I don't, if it was a real pub across the road from me I would still go out of way to find an alternative

If it was a real pub I would like it to be a Kat and Alfie fans' pub and any non K&A fans can bugger off and drink in the Carters dump!